PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Buffet

Disneymom65
06-02-2007, 08:00 AM
We are leaving in 3 weeks. I have all of my ADR made, but I happened to see that there is a buffet at Cape May. We LOVE buffets! This is the first year we are using the dining plan, so we want to take full advantage of it. The only question on this one is that only 1 out of the 4 of us like the seafood such as clams and unbreaded shrimp. Would it be worth it to go there? Right now we have reservations at:

1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickeys
Hollywood and Vine
Crystal Palace
Planet Hollywood (was trying to find another table service with a large selection of items)

Thanks!

Jared
06-02-2007, 08:58 AM
If you want to take full advantage of the Disney Dining Plans, choosing four or five buffets is probably not wise.

Regardless, Cape May Cafe is delicious. I ate dinner at the restaurant last week and had another fabulous experience. Even if you're family does not love the seafood, there are enough other options to make the experience worthwhile.

Seasonscraps
06-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't enjoy seafood at all but really like the offerings at Cape May.

Disneymom65
06-02-2007, 09:21 AM
why not choose all buffets?

Mousehead35
06-02-2007, 09:22 AM
We also enjoyed dining here last year :thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
06-03-2007, 09:32 AM
why not choose all buffets?

Because if you have the dining plan and want to make it work financially (even if it is free)
You want to do sit down table services to
We love buffets too. (that's what we do when we pay OOP)
Doing regular table services we got to experience the "nicer" places Disney has to offer. And you get different food than what is offered on the buffets. My youngest had salmon 2 different nights, prepared differently!
I really suggest you do some sit down table services. You won't regret it!
:mickey:

snifflesmcg
06-03-2007, 09:44 AM
If you love buffets, go to town! I've eaten at Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine and both were great. It's wonderful for pickey eaters.

RockChalkKimball
06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Definately try Cape May, even if some don't like seafood. There are four sides to the buffet, only one of which is devoted to the clam bake. They had several wonderful salads on the salad bar and lots of bread choices. On the "buffet" side they had pasta, chicken, several vegetables, a fish choice, BBQ ribs and several other dishes. The dessert selection looked great, but I stuffed myself with other stuff, so I didn't try any.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-03-2007, 07:05 PM
We are eating at Cape May in Aug on the dining plan. I've heard really good things about this place and can't wait to try it myself. And I don't like fish or seafood of any kind. But when I read the menu, it has enough other items that I'm sure I won't go hungry.