PDA

View Full Version : Long Awaited Trip-Day 2

sacandjac
06-01-2007, 10:50 PM
DH-46
Me-37
DS-18 (new High School Graduate-staying at POP)
DD-9
DS's friend-17(staying at POP)
DS's friend-17 (staying at POP)

Okay-we get up this morning and DD has an appointment at the BBB at 0900. We head out to the bus stop around 8:00 and after waiting 30 minutes for the bus we decide we better head out in our car. So after getting some quick directions from front gate guard at the Beach Club (very nice people) we are off to DTD. We get there in about 15 minutes and find a great parking spot (way less stress than the bus) by World of Disney. We find the BBB and DD is taken right in. It was a fun experience-she got the Princess hairstyle, which was very cute. She had a little tiara and lots of glitter. After we are finished we get back to our car and head back to the Beach Club. We then catch a boat to MGM where we meet up with the teenagers. We grab a fastpass for TOT (posted 40 minute wait) and head to RnRc where standby is 20 minutes. So we get both of these rides done and head to the Great Movie Ride and the stunt show. Love the stunt show. DD gets a Tinkerbell tattoo on her ankle and I head off with the teenagers to hit RnRc again with fastpasses that we had gotten earlier.

We did the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose's. Three of us had chicken parmesan, DD had the salmon and the other two had flatbread. The food was good, but one of the teenagers did not enjoy the cheese flatbread-picky eater! We all had cheesecake for dessert and it was great! I really like this restaurant-it has a nice quiet atmosphere and is a great place to catch your breath.

After dinner, it had been a very warm day, so we were all getting tired and even thought about skipping Fantasmic and heading back to our room. But we stuck out-some of the characters came out and after we took some pictures with them it was time to head to Fantasmic. I love this show-it is great!! Two of the teenagers had never seen it so they were really thrilled to see it. They were the reason that we decided to stick out the day and see Fantasmic-so we were glad that they got to see it and that they enjoyed it so much.

Okay-so now it is the end of the day and the teenagers head to their bus stop and we decide to walk to the Beach Club. The line for the boats was pretty long and we didn't want to stand in anymore crowds. The walk was really not too bad. Just a few people walking and it took about 25 minutes from the time we left the gate at MGM until we were in our room. I have to say that we never saw one boat making its way back past us, so we definitely made a great decision to walk.

Overall we had a great day-a little warm and DD's neck got really sunburned. Her hair is really long and her neck never sees the sun, but with her new Princess do her poor little neck was totally exposed. It never crossed our minds, but we definitely thought about it over the next couple of days. Her neck scabbed over and we had to get ointment for it, but she complained very little and was a real trooper!

Tomorrow-Typhoon Lagoon and a little bit of paradise!;)

mrsgaribaldi
06-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a great day. Sorry about your DDs sunburn:( Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Ouch! Sorry about your daughter's sunburn! I'll bet she looked lovely, though, after her Bibbidy appointment!

pogo
06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm glad you stayed for Fantasmic !:thumbsup:

It sounds like you had another fun day. :D