PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to Disney & Intercot

Alpha Jeanie
06-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok...I have to confess, I have been addicted to Disney for years but have just recently March of 2006 become totally addicted to Intercot. I can't stop reading every post and can not get enough of everyone's trip planning tips and anything to do with Disney World. I have to say that Intercot has become my new hobby. My husband makes fun of me and my kids have started to call me ALPHA JEANIE (my User Name).

Can anyone relate? :rocks::mickey:

Deesdisney
06-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I feel the same way. I check out intercot I would say 6 times a day. I like to see what everyone has said about trips and anything about tips for the future. My family does not have the same feelings I do about Disney so I can not talk much about it but I can use this sight to talk to others or dream through them. Addicted YES!!!!

ILive4Disney
06-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Isn't it nice to know you aren't alone??? :mickey:

Piglet822
06-01-2007, 10:44 PM
I have been addicted to Disney for years but have just recently March of 2006 become totally addicted to Intercot.

Ok, and the problem here is?????????? LOL. Jeanie, don't worry. You're not alone :mickey:

tinksmom02
06-01-2007, 11:05 PM
:blush:
I feel the same way. I check out intercot I would say 6 times a day. I like to see what everyone has said about trips and anything about tips for the future. My family does not have the same feelings I do about Disney so I can not talk much about it but I can use this sight to talk to others or dream through them. Addicted YES!!!!

I'm the same way, although I've cut back on my Intercot time, instead of checking in 3-4 times/day, I only check in each night...but I'm here for over 2 hours every night :D

And no one around me really shares my Disney enthusiasm, so it's great that I have somewhere to go where others approve of my insanity...lord knows no one else does. And I enjoy reading about other people's plans almost as much as I enjoy planning my own trip!

I'm a Disney addict! :mickey: Hmmmm...does that make me "mouseified?"

angedeaile
06-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I noticed that if a person on Intercot isn't a fanatic of either Intercot or Disney...they turn into one eventually. :fresh:

The addiction isn't as quick for some.

For me, my love for Disney was instant. However, Intercot took atleast a month or two for it to become my drug of choice.

kjmom
06-02-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone. :number1:

vizsla
06-02-2007, 06:59 AM
You are not alone.

Irish_TinkerBell
06-02-2007, 07:35 AM
YES! I would say I am addicted...and how do I know this...well it's 7 in the morning, my birthday, and I am reading the boards with my morning coffee something I do every morning, and I think it's a great way to start the day, and Yes, also addicted to WDW went four times last year, although in my defense 3 times were paid for by cousins who didn't want to go with only their children, and Christmas was with my son (best trip ever). I swore I was not going to go until 2008, but then the free dining came along, so I am taking my niece who I promised when she was 3 I would take her to Disney one day...she is now 31, and I am keeping my promise...I know it will be a blast, she has never been to Disney, and I cannot wait to see her face when she walks into MK for the first time. :mickey:

ibrowse17
06-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the club:thumbsup: We all have found our link to Disney here.

k_reile
06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
i know what you mean...I found this website while planning our Sept trip...I keep telling myself that I need to be on top of everything Disney before we go...my husband doesn't get it either...he thinks we just get on a plane and go to an amusement park...he has no idea what is in store for him in Sept (he has not been there since he was 5yrs old)

GrmGrninGost
06-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I think I've caught the addiction also! Oh well!:mickey:

cajunbaby1
06-03-2007, 03:41 AM
party:I hear you. Right now I'm at work at the hospital and everyone is asleep except my 2yr old who is plotting his escape from his prison (hospital crib) and so I'm "researching" info for my upcoming vacation dreaming of room service, great food and a pool side bar!!!!:cheers::
Yes this can become very addicting.. Do you think there is a 12 step program out there for us??:crazy:

DisneyMP3Maker
06-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I use IE 7, and you can have multiple tabs open up when I first start it. Intercot is the first one that opens up. I need to find out the news that is happening in WDW everyday (if there is any). It starts my day off right. I've been coming to Intercot for many years, but only recently did I become an avid discussion board reader. The stuff you can find on this website is absolutely fantastic. Most of my WDW trips wouldn't have been as well planned out if not for my fellow Intercotee's. Thanks everyone!

divinedi
06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Everyone here is terrific :thumbsup:, and I am also addicted to Disney:cloud9:, and a very close second is Intercot!!

Personally I don't want a cure.......:), I enjoy both far too much:mickey:

bleukarma
06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
You are not alone! On slow days at work I browse Intercot. If we are busy then I will spend my lunch hour eating and browsing Intercot. But hey...there are worse addictions out there!

pogo
06-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Addicted..........:confused:........ you mean.... I could really.... be addicted to..... Intercot ? :funny: I'm NOT addicted...:nope:... I can quit any time I want. :yes: I just don't chose to quit at this time. :D

Tinkerfreak
06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
DH tells me I am so addicted I need a support group. I tell him I have one, all my friends on Intercot, we all support each other in our addiction.:laughing:
I did have to cut back to only a few hours a day because my pants were getting too tight. I guess I need to be a little more active. But I will never give it up completely. We all know that panicky feeling we get when we have been kept away from Intercot too long. The nervousness, the constant worrying that you have missed something really important like a discount code or refurb announcement. I think they should open a Disney rehab clinic at Disney of course.

disneydeb
06-05-2007, 10:12 AM
:blush: My youngest recently told her friend that Intercot was her mom's "MY SPACE"!

I announced a while back that I was going to DW to meet some fellow Intercotee's, she said "Mom, let me see. You are going by yourself to the middle of Florida to meet some people you have met on the internet???!!" "I DON'T THINK SO!"
....... So she's coming with me.:D
and bringing a friend!

DawsonAR
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I am addicted too. It is the first thing I check each day. I check it from home, at the office and on my phone. On a typical day, I check it at least eight times a day. Oh well, I could be addicted to much worse things! :thumbsup:

Not2Loud
06-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Addiction or Obsession? My wife says mine is an obsession. My DD4 and I went this past week for a short 2 day trip. Why? Simply because I was able to get $35 airfares. For that, why not go?

Once you get an AP, the addiction/obsession becomes even worse! I feel the need to use the pass to its fullest; which I will never do. I have gotten my money out of it several times over (lodging discounts and 8 days in the parks so far this year (parkhopping of course!) with at least 4 days more planned this year).

In some ways, I think my/our addiction is because of how the "magic" transports us to being like children again. I get giddy just thinking about walking down Mainstreet, or getting the chance to ride in the front of the monorail, or the excitement of riding Space Mountain as I walk through the Fast Pass line; and most importantly, the thought of getting a Dole Whip after riding the Jungle Cruise!!!

Maybe thats why so many of us are going in October for the Intercot BD.

At least I have Intercot to feed my obsession when at home.....:mickey:

BMan62
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
OK, I have an obsession with Disney, primarily WDW, and an addiction to Intercot.

I seem to find myself here at all hours of the day and night, at home or at work, weekdays or weekends looking for new info/updates on all things WDW related.

There was another site that I visited regularly, but Intercot has been more to my liking with feedback from others who share in my obsession.

BashfulMom
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
My family does not have the same feelings I do about Disney so I can not talk much about it but I can use this sight to talk to others or dream through them. Addicted YES!!!!

Intercot saved my marriage! My husband told me that if I said the "D" word again he would leave me. ;)

Intercot has given me an outlet for my addiction. It is wonderful!

:cloud9:

pshokie
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I just don't know how the "Intercot Addict" switch fliped. I was a lurker for months. Just checking for little tips here and there. Reading but never posting.

Then I broke the seal. I was doomed. :funny:

psychotekkie
06-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I am also addicted, spending at least 2 to 3 hours per evening. If I miss it one night, I have to do double time the next day.

Now contrary to most addictions that put strain on relationships, my husband is actually appreciative of my addiction. Because he knows I will plan out everything and know all the inside info. And he knows I will lead the family on the most perfect-as-possible vacation. And he doesn't have to lift a finger.

Not2Loud
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
It is funny how it evolves over time. When you have a place like Intercot to feed the obsession.

I called my wife yesterday to tell her about the iten. for the Intercot 10th celebration. She is getting excited and even told me to make ADR's.

Even funnier- her cousin called last night to tell my wife that her husband's great-uncle works at WDW so they can get in free (cool for them!!). Anyways, they started talking about it more and more and its amazing how giddy my wife got giving tips and tricks for the trip. Her cousin was amazed when she couldn't get breakfast with Cinderella (they are going the 4th of July week). The CM told her on the phone that some people make them a year in advance - she couldn't believe it.

My wife then started telling her how we do our ADR's; which ones were in park vs. ones at the resorts.

So while I am definately the one that is obsessive, it is fun to see my wife get into it more and more.

In the past 6 months, she has been buying stuff from disneyoutlet.com (http://www.disneyoutlet.com). We now have a few Mickey frames, Mickey fireplace set, Mickey rug in front of the fireplace. They are all subtle, which is really fun. You do not notice the Mickey in the fireplace grate until the light is on or there is a fire in the fireplace. Its always fun to see peoples surprise when then see Mickey.

Ok, time to get on the plane...

threeh
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm addicted to Intercot, Disney and Disney music. Let's start some intensive therapy. How about we all meet at WDW???:mickey:

Alpha Jeanie
06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded. It's great to know I'm not alone. :mickey::cloud9::mickey:

snifflesmcg
06-17-2007, 03:22 PM
I must hit the "new posts" button a million times. I think I need an intervention.

BashfulMom
06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm addicted to Intercot, Disney and Disney music. Let's start some intensive therapy. How about we all meet at WDW???:mickey:

Sounds good to me. When do we go? :grouphug:

Dedivah
06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Hello, my name is Coleen and I am a Disney and Intercotaholic. :thumbsup:

My cousin introduced me to Intercot when I was planning my this upcoming trip now I am here most days, all day. :laughing:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Okay, I knew I visited the Intercot Boards frequently. However, I realized my addiction to it for the first time last month when my preschooler brought home a "Mother's Day" gift. It was a "fill-in-the-blank" form titled "My Mom is Special." One of the statements said.."My mom can do many things! I think she's best at...."
He said doing things on the computer for Disney. lol!

The first thing my DH says when he gets home from work..."So, what's new at Disney?"

So, yes, I suppose I do have an addiction to Intercot and to Disney. But please... do not think that by making this confession that I have any plans of quitting. I am an addict for life.

RalsFam
06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I am so addicted to INTERCOT! I mentioned to a buddy of mine about wanting to take the fam to WDW. He told me about this site. Now I find myself here about 2 hours a day! I like how so many posts make me smile or just laugh. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I've been addicted to Intercot ever since I was extremely ill for 6 months and had nothing else to do but watch the food network (I wasn't allowed to eat, nor could I even try) and play on the computer. I found I-cot when I was looking for disney info and became hooked. I have membership to some other sites, but this is my home. I tell everyone at work to check it out. I just love it. I have become the "go to" for all things disney at work, which is kind of nice, but I get asked quite often, "you're going to disney again?" It's okay, I don't care, I know what's good in life.....INTERCOT!!:mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
06-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I announced a while back that I was going to DW to meet some fellow Intercotee's, she said "Mom, let me see. You are going by yourself to the middle of Florida to meet some people you have met on the internet???!!" "I DON'T THINK SO!"

:haha:You know, she actually has a good point. I am quite amazed at how many of us feel it's safe to meet Intercot people just because they are huge fans of Disney, too. There is something about Intercot that tends to create friendships over the Internet, and those friendships often translate well to real life.

There is no denying that I'm addicted to Disney and Intercot. I've been addicted to Disney my whole life, and I don't see any reason to change. I might still have a very small chance of breaking my addiction to Intercot, but I don't see why I should.