PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trip Ramblings

Tinkerbell627
06-01-2007, 03:24 PM
So I just finished charging all the batteries for cameras, packed the last pair of underwear and drank all the milk in the fridge so it won't spoil during our trip. This can only mean one thing:

Disney World: get ready, because here we come!

But first a little background.

We go to Disney World every other year, so our last trip was in 2005. (good job to those of you who did the math before reading any further; for those who didn't, well... I just wouldn't say anything ;) ) We're pretty excited after waiting so long. However, my mom and I did go on a trip to Disneyland last October which helped with the wait, but it still didn't satisfy our Disney World craving.

Now let me introduce you to the cast!

It will be me, my parental units, and my mom's sister and brother-in-law. Sam (yours truly), Cindy (mom), Kelvin (dad), Karen (aunt), and Rob (uncle). They want to do the whole "relax-around-the-resort" thing, but I'm young and able to endure things like riding the Rockin' Roller Coaster 14 times in a row, so I'm going to take advantage of their little plan and spend time getting to know the inner Disney freak in me. Of course, we'll still be doing a bunch of stuff together, but we're all okay with doing our own things.

One thing we'll be doing together is enduring a day and a half drive! Oh yeah... We live in Dallas and we couldn't find a reasonable air fair to Orlando from June 2-9. With gas prices rising, I doubt it would be much of a difference, but we still figured it would be cheaper as air fair changes with the price of gas. We drove a couple trips back. It's not pretty, and it starts to get a little smelly after a while...

We're staying at Old Key West and we have reservations for 'Ohana on Wednesday night. First time there (for both). We're excited. We're definitely going to MK on Tuesday so we can hit the Haunted Mansion before in closes for refurbishment. Other than that, I think we're just going to play it by ear. This trip is about relaxing, having fun and getting away. We don't want to over plan and take that all away.

I always get nervous before a trip when it comes to packing, getting the house ready and getting the car prepared to go. I'm afraid I'll forget something. Karen and Rob get to fly in from Missouri. Lucky ducks. So I'm off to do some last minute check-ups and eat any perishable items left in the fridge. We're taking the laptop so hopefully if I have time, I'll be posting live trip reports! I guess if I don't have time, you'll hear from me in a week!

Move over Minnie! You've had Mickey long enough; it's my turn!! :mickey2:

aprilisis
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Have a great trip! :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
06-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Hope you have a wonderful trip! Getting ready is part of the excitement, so enjoy it! I seem to always forget at least one thing - whenever I leave I wonder when I'll find out what that one thing is! :D I make a list of every last minute thing to do and bring, (such as give the dogs extra water and put the toothpaste back in the luggage), and then check everything off just before we leave the house. That's helped me a lot.

:mickey3: Happy vacationing! :minnie:

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I hope that you all have a wonderful trip. Good luck with that drive down!! :mickey:

May524
06-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Have a GREAT time!!!
My family and I will be there during the same time...and staying at the same resort!

disneydrmr
06-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Hope you have a safe and magical trip! :mickey:

Tinkerbell627
06-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Have a GREAT time!!!
My family and I will be there during the same time...and staying at the same resort!

Very cool! Who knows, we'll probably run into each other every so often. Keep an eye on the tennis courts; I have my racquets all packed up!

mrsgaribaldi
06-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Have a great time and relax:mickey: Dh always says that if we forget anything we'll just buy it there:thumbsup:Words of wisdom. ;)

faline
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Hope you're having a wonderful time!

pogo
06-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Great pre-trip report. :thumbsup:

By now you are knee deep in WDW fun...... I hope you enjoy every thing there. :D

January-2007
06-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I hope you are having a fantastic time on your Walt Disney World vacation! Thanks for the pretrip, can't wait to read about what all you accomplished!

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Have a great trip. Hope the drive is safe and goes quickly.

sleepingbooty
07-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I just started on your reports, so I'm off the live beat. Oh well, on to read more...

dolphinmickey9170
07-14-2007, 07:46 PM
cool report....

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:37 AM
thanks for sharing!