PDA

View Full Version : Resort Lost and Found really works!

PinKy
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
We recently returned from a trip to WDW where we stayed at Caribbean Beach. It was our son's first trip (he was 6 months old), so we brought a lot of baby stuff with us. We're pretty good at packing, and when we left we thought we were fairly thorough when leaving, but we left a baby blanket behind. (we had an unfortunate incident with a porter on our way out that caused us to be a little disheveled- but that's another post) We realized this when we got to the airport.

Anyway - we decided it wasn't that important and we didn't call about it - but a few days later we received a post card in the mail that an item was waiting in the resort's lost and found for us - if we could identify it they would send it to us - and they did! How nice is that?

I just thought everyone might like to know how nice the resort lost and found is! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-01-2007, 02:39 PM
That is a little extra Disney magic for you! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

WDWFanatic
06-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you for sharing such a great story. It is nice that they took the time to contact you.

Are they charging you to get it back, or are they covering that charge also?

Hope you son enjoyed his first trip!

DawsonAR
06-01-2007, 03:26 PM
WOW! What a nice story to hear. Thanks for sharing that. Disney Magic at its best.

NLODisney
06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
On one of our trips one of the kids left their Harry Potter book in the drawer in the night stand. we received the post card and I called and they mailed it back to us at their cost and it was almost $8.00. another time we left a sweat shirt and they mailed that back to us also. They didn't charge us for that either that's just one of the things that makes Disney so magical for us.

Grace
06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
:mickey: We've had similar experiences with Disney CM's. Our daughter's wallet (with drivers license and money!), our sons' (expensive) Hollister jacket, were both mailed back to us, and from different hotels to boot! The wallet was left at the Poly Hawaii bldg, and the jacket was left at Dixie Landings. I refuse to call it Port Orleans Riverside.

AuntDJ
06-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi all~

While there in March, we spent a small fortune on the suffed Mickey's Minnie's and Donalds..well we left a Donald in the room and never even missed it (sad I know...but it was the kids $$ to do with what they wanted)..anyway, once we had been home almost a month, we received a postcard telliing us to call as we had left something behind..

They sent us the Donald and didn't even charge us for mailing it back to us....It was like getting a present from Disney!

DJ

Nicki'sMom
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
It is nice to hear something so positive about Disney. It seems we only tend to hear the negative stuff.

bleukarma
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
One time my niece left her bathing suit in the room and when we called they couldn't locate it. They sent us four park tickets to replace the lost bathing suit. Now that is Disney magic!:mickey:

Eeyore's Pal
06-01-2007, 05:01 PM
And even if it's not left in the room, people are great about turning stuff in. Both trips I have accidentally left something in the Riverside food court (1st time a Pal Mickey, 2nd time an autograph book). When I asked the concierge desk, they were able to locate it both times.

tinksmom02
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
And even if it's not left in the room, people are great about turning stuff in. Both trips I have accidentally left something in the Riverside food court (1st time a Pal Mickey, 2nd time an autograph book). When I asked the concierge desk, they were able to locate it both times.

THAT is really great to hear! I mean, I was glad to hear all the great reports about the resorts' lost and found, but knowing that a "regular Joe" could have found your stuff and so nicely turned it in is very refreshing to hear!

shellyc
06-01-2007, 09:50 PM
I left my Space Mtn baseball cap on the table in the food court at the Land. I figured it was gone forever. I called L&F when I got home. It was turned in, and returned to me.

TheRustyScupper
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
1) Disney Lost-and-Found folks are good at forwarding items.
2) The CM's do a good job of turning-in lost items.
3) MANY of the guests also return left items.
4) It is nice to have such a magical place.

NOTE: Although there are stories of folks losing big things that don't get turned-in, there are lots of people who find expensive items and turn them over to CM's.

DestinationWDW
06-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm so glad to hear everyone got their items back! Unfortunately my 3 year old lost his "blankie" on our last trip in December. We're pretty sure it got wrapped up in bedding in room. Called lost and found and laundry but alas; "blankie" was never located. Can't blame Disney though...."blankie" was white with very small print on it....everyone we spoke to about the situation though was very friendly and sympathetic to our situation. :(

emmatink
06-02-2007, 10:31 AM
We went to Disney with our 8 month old during the busiest time of the year, the week before Christmas and New Year's. One day while at Animal Kingdom my daughter had kicked off her shoe while riding in the stroller and we did not notice until about half way through the park when we finally stopped to visit an attraction. Well, we tried to back track through the park but were not successful at finding the shoe. It was soooo crowded and the shoe was long gone. We went to lost and found at the end of the day and nobody had turned it in so we figured it was gone forever. Well about 2 weeks after returning from the world we received a package in the mail and it was her shoe! Somebody had found it and turned it in. They mailed it back to us and paid for the shipping. We were very impressed :D

DisneyDudet
06-02-2007, 11:35 AM

Seems to me that you need to keep up with your stuff better when you eat at the food court! Do what we do in the hospital... do a "Time Out" and double check EVERYTHING!

Piglet822
06-02-2007, 05:58 PM
We had a lost and found situation as well and I was very impressed with how everything was handled.
We had stayed at Pop for two nights almost 3 years ago when we had lost power due to Hurricane Jeanne (the irony in that does not escape me). My DS had brought his pillow and although I thoroughly checked everything several times before we left the pillow was overlooked because it was in a white pillowcase.
Several weeks later I received a post card informing me of a found item. I called the number and spoke with a very nice woman. Because I'm on Disney property and know where the lost and found for Pop is located, I offered to come pick up the pillow but they were very nice about mailing it :thumbsup:

psychotekkie
06-02-2007, 10:16 PM
We had a bit of Disney magic one time with a lost item as well.

We had purchased some awesome Princess sculpted crayons for our daughter. But it was our last day in the park, after checkout, so we left them with the front desk of the AKL. When we returned at the end of the day, the front desk could not find the crayons, though they looked everywhere. We were disappointed but we figured there was not much to do about it.

Only a week after we returned home, we got a package in the mail. It was a set of crayons, not the correct ones, but really cool twisty ones though. We were happy.

Then we got a phonecall, asking if we got them? Yes thank you so much. And were they the right ones? No but they're great thank you still. What did the real ones look like?.....

And another two weeks later, they mailed us a set of the real ones. Both sets of crayons at their own expense. Plus the crayons we got were only sold in one location at Disney!

These CMs went all out! :pixie: That wonderful magic brings tears to my eyes.

auntfrannie
06-03-2007, 06:12 AM
Gotta love Disney's Lost & Found! Two years ago my niece lost her little backpack that had her cash, room key and assorted other stuff. By the time we got back to the hotel room there was a message telling us they found it and where we could pick it up.

On the same trip but different day, the same niece left her camera on POC. We went back and they were able to find it.

<<We really should tie things around said niece's wrists so they can't get lost!>>:rotfl:

snifflesmcg
06-03-2007, 08:54 AM
My sister lost her wallet in MGM. A few days later, the desk called the hotel and said they had had it turned it. It was out the 9 bucks that was in there but at least she got back the things she needed in order to fly home.....like her ID.

princessjojo
06-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I left my Space Mtn baseball cap on the table in the food court at the Land. I figured it was gone forever. I called L&F when I got home. It was turned in, and returned to me.

I wish we had been so lucky. DH left his favorite Durham Bulls baseball cap on EE just last spring. They told us to just wait until the car came back around and we could check. It didn't show up so they told us to check at lost & found at the park entrance later that day, still didn't show up. They told us to call back the next day. We didn't, but did call back about a week later when we got home. They told us that they don't keep their stuff more than 24hrs at the park and they were sorry for our loss. Oh, well! We just got another one later that spring at the ball park.

magicofdisney
06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I wish we had been so lucky. DH left his favorite Durham Bulls baseball cap on EE just last spring. They told us to just wait until the car came back around and we could check. It didn't show up so they told us to check at lost & found at the park entrance later that day, still didn't show up. They told us to call back the next day. We didn't, but did call back about a week later when we got home. They told us that they don't keep their stuff more than 24hrs at the park and they were sorry for our loss. Oh, well! We just got another one later that spring at the ball park.
They may not keep items in the park for more than 24hrs but they keep things for 90 days at Lost and Found. Just recently we lost all our jackets. I don't know if someone took them off the stroller of if they fell off. Although, you'd think we'd remember 5 jackets falling on the ground around us. Anyway, I came back to Lost and Found at the TTC and 3 were there. Don't know whatever happened to the other 2.

ginny57
06-03-2007, 08:44 PM
My L&F story amazed me. I had my camera in my hand and my camera case hanging from my shoulder with the rental car keys in it while at EPCOT. When we were ready to leave (and I mean to go to the airport!) I realized that I had lost the case AND THE KEYS.

I approached a CM in Germany who was WONDERFUL. She made calls and, sure enough, the case and keys were in the lost and found.

What a mess is could have been! Disney has it all down to a science.

princessjojo
06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
They may not keep items in the park for more than 24hrs but they keep things for 90 days at Lost and Found. Just recently we lost all our jackets. I don't know if someone took them off the stroller of if they fell off. Although, you'd think we'd remember 5 jackets falling on the ground around us. Anyway, I came back to Lost and Found at the TTC and 3 were there. Don't know whatever happened to the other 2.

I wish I had known that. We called them and they told us we were too late. The CM we spoke to never even referred us to another number to call. That's interesting...

Oh well, we should now know better for the next time.