Resort:

Pop Century
50's Section
Building 2
Room 2159

Trip Dates:

May 20th through May 26th, 2007

Tuesday, May 22nd, Day 3

This morning begins at the opening of MGM and a silly mistake. Somehow, I managed to leave the multi-day stroller ticket back at the room. I explain the situation to the CM at Oscar's and am told that if I pay for 1 day's rental, keep my receipt, and the original ticket, they will refund me that day. So it really was no big deal.

With stroller in hand, we waited for the rope to drop and then made our way down Sunset Blvd., I told the others to head toward Rock N Rollercoaster, while I made a quick stop to grab one fastpass for Tower of Terror. No one in this particular group will ride except me. I also told Ashleigh to get in line and I would be right there. Ron was to sit out the 1st ride. Ashleigh made such a beeline to the queue, that even though it only took me a few seconds to grab the fp, she was so far ahead in line that I couldn't catch her. She wound up riding the 1st time alone and in the 1st limo of the day! Unfortunately, the music was not working. In the meanwhile, I grabbed some fastpasses for RNR, and also got a rider switch pass. When Ashleigh and I returned, Ron and I were then able to use the rider switch pass. Again, during our ride there was no music. However, someone in our limo complained and we were allowed to get back in the limo for another ride, this time with music. The music really does make a big difference in the experience. Ashleigh had wanted to do The Great Movie Ride first, and since that idea was nixed, we went there next. It was a walk-on, and our Gangster and driver were pretty good. The fp window for RNR was now open, so Ron and Ashleigh went back to use it, while Emily and I took in a showing of Playhouse Disney. It's always a cute show, but not so much with a screaming toddler right behind us. Usuaally, crying kids don't get to me too much, since I've had my fair share of incidents, having four kids. However, this kid had the most blood-curdling scream! He did not want to be there, but Mom and Dad insisted. I'm not really sure why, since it's not really for adults and they had no other kids. They really should have taken him out. Ron and Ashleigh were waiting for us when the show was over.

We decided another early lunch was in order, and headed to ABC Commissary. We always have had good luck here and today was no exception. The girls each had chicken nuggets from the kids menu, and I had the cheesburger, while Ron had the stir-fry. Refreshed we headed back into the park and grabbed some fastpasses for Voyage of The Little Mermaid. We had plenty of time, or so I thought, I actually ended up reading the time wrong, but it all worked out. While waiting, we met Jo Jo, Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable, and Quincy from The Little Einsteins. We also took in a showing of Muppetvision. It was time for our fastpasses or so I thought, but were still let into the next show. Emily loves this show since she's a big Ariel fan, and Ron loves it for the nap time it provides him. When were finished going Under The Sea, we went to meet Mike and Sully. For some reason, this turned out to be Ron's favorite photo of the trip. Emily was asking for ice cream, so she had a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich, and Ashleigh had a Minnie Strawberry bar. Ron got a soft pretzel, while I only had a coke. As were finishing up, I asked Ashleigh if she wanted me to take a picture of her with the giant poster of Jack Sparrow, for some reason, Ron thought I asked her to get her picture taken near the napkin holder?? We did both! It was pretty funny, at least to us, having her posing with a napkin dispenser!

The girls were ready to head back to the resort for another swim. This time I begged and cajoled, until finally Ron agreed to go with them this time, and I could have a little nap.

Before you knew it, they were back from the pool and we were getting ready for dinner at Alfredo's. Once gain, the bus service was impressively efficient and were at Epcot in no time. I had no problem getting a refund from my earlier stroller mistake and we were off. One more trip on Spaceship Earth, followed by more picture taking of the beautiful flowers and topiaries.

Dinner was wonderful as usual, and when the manager came around asking if everything was OK, we said it was great as always, but that we were so upset that it was closing! To which he replied, "not more upset than we are!" He said it came as a total shock and that they would open another restaurant in the Orlando area. Little consolation to us, as we never go off property. We did have a bit of a problem getting our check, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. But once we made it out, we were raring to go.

We had promised Emily earlier that she could ride the "Mexico" ride, so off we went. el rio del tiempo had been one of her favorites, and I was not sure how she would react. Before we went in, I had a talk with her that it would not be the same. I needn't have worried as she enjoyed it anyway. I however, did not. I may be the lone person who does not appreciate the changes, but I just don't think that Donald and the caballeros belong here. Emily wanted to ride again, so us girls rode, while Ron browsed the pavillion, he couldn't stomach another ride. We then got wristbands for EMH and made our way over to see Figment. When we exited into Imageworks, Emily was intent on playing on those pictures that make sounds, but Dr. Albright had snagged Ashleigh and Ron. he snapped a ridiculous picture of them walking past, and then had us all come over. He thought I was ducking him, but I had to get Emily away from the pictures. He gave Ashleigh and Emily dorky glasses to wear, and asked Emily if she wanted to make a happy or a funny face. She chose a funny face, we all had to get in the picture and make a face with scrunched up noses. It came out pretty funny and he gave us a copy. Next we hopped over to The Land, where I was kind of hoping that the line for Soarin would drop down, due to it being time for Illuminations. It pretty much stayed at 70 minutes, so we decided to wait for that one. Instead we rode Living With The Land. I personally, have not ridden this since they removed the live CM's. I have to say, I prefer it the old way. I didn't dislike it at much as the Gran Fiesta Tour, but it misses that personal touch. Next it was time to try out the new Nemo ride, which was a big hit with everyone. Very, very cute. When we got off, it was time for the next showing of Turtle Talk to begin, cute as always. This was Ashleigh's first time seeing this and she enjoyed it. Emily wanted to go on the ride again, so since there was no line, a CM let us cut through instead of going all the way around. We stopped to watch the fishies for a little while and Emily really got a big kick out of the manatees and the dolphin. Once we finished, we saw just about everything we had wanted to for tonight. We did some shopping over at Mousegear, and Ron found the perfect hat for himself, it's what he wanted last night at DTD but couldn't find. We then were definitely ready to go in for the night. The bus stop was full, but within 10 minutes we were on the second bus back to Pop. We got some refills, I did my usual notetaking and were all asleep in no time!

disneydrmr
06-01-2007, 01:05 PM
What fun! You really crammed a lot into one day! And even managing a nap and swim time! Impressive! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Mickey'sGirl
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Ron thought I asked her to get her picture taken near the napkin holder?? We did both! It was pretty funny, at least to us, having her posing with a napkin dispenser!
Could someone please pass me the Monitor cleaner????? :rotfl:
What a fabulous day Heather! Your discussion of Epcot leaves my heart panging .... it is my favourite place in the world. I agree with the Land ride, and while I think the Gran Fiesta Tour was a bit odd -- I still enjoyed the ride!
Thanks for sharing your terrific day with us! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Wow, you're sure fitting in something for everyone this trip! Glad to hear something positive about the Nemo ride. Another fab day, Heather!:mickey:

Momof2boys
06-01-2007, 02:29 PM
It took a few spins on Nemo for me to enjoy it . . . I couldn't see past the simplicity of it at first to appreciate the technology behind it. Glad you guys enjoyed it !

Gotta love Crush - it's a must do !

sleepingbooty
06-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Isn't it funny how some people will not remove their kids for anything? Last time we were at Playhouse Disney, a toddler next to us actually puked all over the floor, and was crying the whole time - but did the parents take him out? Nooooooo!

MR.MIKE
06-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed Alfredos. We've had great meals every time we have eaten there and I'm upset it is closing. At least I have this summer to have a final meal there.

mrsgaribaldi
06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I prefer Living with the Land with the live CMs too. Now no one thinks they need to be quiet and I am unable to hear more than half of the ride.
Sounds like a very busy day and you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ElenitaB
06-03-2007, 04:15 AM
I prefer Living with the Land with the live CMs too. Now no one thinks they need to be quiet and I am unable to hear more than half of the ride.
:exactly:

Heather, you all manage to fit in a lot in one day! I'm getting "Disney tired" reading how much you all did!

princessgirls
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Heather,

You guys are Disney Warriors!!

Great report!!

I liked how you fit in a nap. Good for you.

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Alfredo's. When I was there in March, the staff was saying how sad they were to be leaving as well.

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
06-04-2007, 08:55 AM
I think that you need to fit a little more into your day! :D Now that's the way to get the most out of a WDW trip.:mickey: Keep the reports coming!

DizNee143
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
As were finishing up, I asked Ashleigh if she wanted me to take a picture of her with the giant poster of Jack Sparrow, for some reason, Ron thought I asked her to get her picture taken near the napkin holder?? We did both! It was pretty funny, at least to us, having her posing with a napkin dispenser!

haha..i cant tell you how much and how long i was laughing for...the few people who sit by me at work were looking at me like i was weird...but omg..it was just too funny!!!..its gotta be an interesting photo!!! :mickey:

offwego
06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
So Heather what kind of frame do you get for a napkin holder photo?

Too cute!!

Another really good day (aside from toddlers with nap time needs).:thumbsup:

faline
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
How lucky you were to have no wait for the Great Movie Ride! We never got on it at all last week! The one time we tried, the line was over an hour in length!

Another great day for you and your troop!

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Sounds like you got to hit all the favorites, and over in some cases. :mickey:

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Another fun-busy day!:mickey: Thanks for the report.

January-2007
06-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for reporting.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:48 AM
great report thanks for sharing!

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Sounds like another great day.

#1disneyfan
06-17-2007, 11:00 PM
What another great day in the "world"! Makes me very anxious for my upcoming trip!