PDA

View Full Version : June Healthy Living Club

ChipDale
06-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Post your diet / excercise / lifestyle questions, concerns, tips and experiences here! :)

Here we go again...
06-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, I never thought I would be able to stick with it, but I am still doing well! I just got back from my weight watchers meeting and I have lost another 2.8 pounds!!!!! :cloud9:
So far, I have lost a total of 17.6 pounds. :D

It has been a rough week. I am only 11 days out from my knee replacement so I am still not able to do any exercise and I have been in a lot of pain. Of course when I am in pain I want to eat... Please keep me in your thoughts. I need all the help I can get. I have to lose this weight so I can keep my new knee as long as possible.

TheDuckRocks
06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Keep up the good work Angel, all the weight you have been lossing will most certainly help you in the future with your knees.

This week I lost 1/2 pound for a total of 64 pounds, 6 more to go!!! Boy, these last pounds are really, really slow coming off.:mad:

Beast_fanatic
06-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Down another 2 pounds in May for a total of 31 lost.

The fitness challenge at work only has 2 weeks left on it, but I'm finding it much easier now to get 10,000 steps on a regular basis.

disneydeb
06-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Way to go , Rhonda! You are inspirational!

Congratulations to all who are working to improve their health. I need your willpower!:thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Congrats to everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been around that much. I actually joined a weight loss support forum and they have challenges and stuff on there. Well, here's a quick updated. I've been soda free for over a month now, about three weeks ago, I started exercising almost everyday, and I'm down a total of 27.5 pounds since then. Only 72.5 to go!!! Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Here we go again...
06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I am back from my Weight Watchers meeting.... drum roll please....
I lost another 1.6 pounds!!!!
I have now lost a total of 19.2. Who would have thought that I could do that? It has been very hard not to just eat out of boredom but I am doing it! Look out when I can exercise. :D

I did get in the pool for a little while today. I finally got the staples out of my knee and I was healed up enough to get in. It felt so weird... It is the strangest sensation... like I can feel every single muscle in my thigh... and it is in the wrong place. In my mind I know it is okay, but it sure feels weird.

So, I am off to ice my knee and take a nap. I hope you all have a wonderful week!:cloud9:

TheDuckRocks
06-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Down another 1/2 pound at my Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday. Golly, this is really getting to be a drag with how hard these last pounds are to get off. Only 5 1/2 more to go.

mtown71
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Congratulations to all who are working to improve their health. I need your willpower!:thumbsup:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I lost 7 pounds when I had my tonsils taken out but the way I am at work...we eat so late. I need to find the willpower. I would love to lose 20-25 pounds.

Here we go again...
06-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Down another 1/2 pound at my Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday. Golly, this is really getting to be a drag with how hard these last pounds are to get off. Only 5 1/2 more to go.
Only 5 1/2 pounds to go?? That is amazing! Don't give up no matter how hard it gets. I have 80 more to go.... now that is depressing.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I lost 7 pounds when I had my tonsils taken out but the way I am at work...we eat so late. I need to find the willpower. I would love to lose 20-25 pounds.
Please don't think of it as a willpower thing. Trust me, I have none. It is a combination of a couple of things.
1. My health. My mother lost her life to diabetes... you would think I would know better than to let my weight get out of control. I thought my problem was willpower. Now I know that I just did not know what a true portion size was. I was eating heathly yucky food and still gaining so I would give up and start binging. Now I know I can eat what ever I want... in the right portion sizes and lose. What an amazing concept! I need to get my knees in shape (one replacement is enough). Another hint... eat an apple before your meal. It gives you one of your daily fruits and really makes you eat less.
2. my friends... I mean my TRUE friends. Not only have they been helping me through the knee therapy, one has even joined the wellness program to help me stick to my water program.
And, I still even get my pep talk calls from Terri in Florida.

You need people around you that are going to be honest... even if it hurts. I am still mad at the "friends" that would tell me I was crazy when I said I needed to lose a few pounds. 100 pounds later I think back to how easy it would have been if they were honest and helped me take off the 20 pounds.

ElenitaB
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey, everyone! It's been a long time but I'm back on this thread. I just finished my first week back on WW (well, it's my second in all truth, but last week doesn't count with running to Florida). I weighed in this morning and I'm down 5.9 pounds. Now the fun begins as I attempt to get rid of my evil (fat) twin for once and for all. They say that the longest road starts with a single step, so this is my first step!

I'm having trouble doing cardio because of my legs (affected by rashes caused by chemo), but I still can exercise my upper body and do weight training. Has anyone gone to Curves? I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

mtown71
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Way to go Ellen!! I used to belong to Curves a few years ago. It was good for a few months but since it is not actual weights, it just seemed like it stopped working after awhile. The machines needed stronger tension but they couldn't adjust it. I prefer free weights. If I had the time & $$$$, I would join a gym.
I have decided to start eating right & watch my portions. My one friend at work is doing weight watchers. Together, we will make it!

Here we go again...
06-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Ellen,
Congratulations!!!!!
That is a fabulous start and I know you will stick to it.

I have never tried Curves because of my RA. Machines always seem to give me flare-ups. I have seen pretty good results in the pool. Do you have a gym or therapy place around you that has a pool?
I am in a wellness program at a physical therapy office that has an aquatic program. You know how much it has helped my knee....

Keep up the good work and I will be looking forward to your next weigh in!
Now if only we could get Jeanne in here....

ElenitaB
06-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I have never tried Curves because of my RA. Machines always seem to give me flare-ups. I have seen pretty good results in the pool. Do you have a gym or therapy place around you that has a pool?
OMG... there is no way I would even put on a bathing suit in the privacy of my own room, much less at a swimming pool. :blush: That will have to wait until much weight is gone!

Here we go again...
06-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey guys!
I am just back from my Weight Watchers meeting and I am happy to report that I have lost another 2.4 pounds!!! :D
I am down a total of 21.6 !!!!
I still have a long way to go... I have to stick with this!

disneydeb
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Ya'll are doing great! Keep up the good work. :high5: I am walking more. That is good for me. I walked a mile yesterday. I've got to walk a mile today too! Last night I had salmon for dinner. I had leftover salmon and collard greens for lunch. I am trying to only drink water, lots of it. Wish me luck!:scale::bike::rope::trampo::walk:

MScholl13
06-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing a faboulous job! Keep up the good work everyone. Ya'll are an inspiration to me. Realistically I know I can do it, it's just tough to keep on track, but I know I'm going to do it this time!

I've cut out pop, not completely, I usually allow myself one can a week. The rest of the time it's usually water. I've been watching my portions too. I don't like to deny myself food, but I am certaintly cutting back on how much I eat of it! I'm also only allowing myself to eat out once or twice(max) a week.

My exercising has gone well. I usually try to do cardio at least four times a week and weights a couple of times a week. I did 3 miles the other night at the track, jogging/walking intervals. That was certaintly a challenge for me as I am not a runner at all!

I'm not sure how much if any weight I have lost since I haven't been on/around a scale in awhile. However, my jeans are fitting looser so I know that something must be happening.

Here we go again...
06-17-2007, 02:45 AM
Deb, keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

Melissa, I don't know how in the world you are able to run... I envy you. I have always wanted to be a runner, and to see that you have gone from never doing it to actually pushing yourself is very motivating.
What ever you do, don't give up! The bad thing about that much exercise is that you might start adding pounds because of muscle gain... when that happens don't get discouraged! You might want to keep a tape measure handy to track your progress.

I can't wait until this knee is better so I can start exercising. I would like to take at least another 20 pounds off before the meet in October. And, I am just doing this with portion control!! imagine what I can do next! :cloud9:

TheDuckRocks
06-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Congratulations everyone.....it sounds as if we're off to a really good week.
At weigh in at Weight Watchers on Saturday I lost another 1.5 pounds:clappy::muscles::joy::yay::donald:!!!
That's a grand total of 66 pounds and only 4 more to GO!!!
For any of you that has done Weight Watchers you will understand when I say I'm on the Flex Plan and am counting points (cannot give up my bread and chocolate completely :blush:. I had fallen into a bad habit of not keeping up my food journal and my weight loss had dropped. Started back accounting for every partical of food going into my mouth again and what a difference this past week's loss has been.
Everyone keep up the good work.....WE CAN DO THIS!!!

kbr3sco
06-21-2007, 10:22 PM
How do I join this thread?? I have 16 weeks to loose 20ish pounds!! I'm back on weightwatchers online, but need DISNEY support!!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
How do I join this thread?? I have 16 weeks to loose 20ish pounds!! I'm back on weightwatchers online, but need DISNEY support!!:mickey:

Looks to me as if you already have joined us.:welcome:
Just let us know how you're doing, there is always someone to offer good advice or a word of encouragement when needed.

Here we go again...
06-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey Guys!!
I am back from my Weight Watchers meeting and I lost another 2 pounds!! I have now lost 23.6 pounds! :cloud9:
I usually go to WW on Saturday morning... next Saturday I will be in Disney World! I am so worried that I will gain some of my weight back when I go... We are on the dining plan and I hope I do not fall back to my old habits. I have been looking at the menus on line and I am actually writing down what I plan to eat at each restaurant so that I will have a plan ahead of time.
I will be gone for 10 days so I will end up missing 2 WW meetings. I hope I can at least maintain my weight during that time. I will have to work hard this week...

Dsnygirl
06-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Okay, I have resisted this thread for quite awhile, even though I know I have to get going on doing some more healthy things for myself. I'm hitting the big "40" this fall, and would like to hit it feeling strong and healthy - not exactly the way I feel right now! :(

So, I'd like to try to lose about 15 lbs. by the time we go on vaca in August, and a total of 25 lbs. by the time we go to the I'cot bash in October... I know that if I focus and gain some willpower, I can do it - it just seems like willpower lately has been pretty much gone. That, and portion control - I'm one of those folks who when something is good, I like to have lots of it - doesn't really matter what it is. If my taste buds enjoy it, then I want more! So, I guess that fall under the willpower part, too....:blush:

I belong to WW online, but haven't logged on in weeks - anybody have any tips to stay motivated? I used to be really good at keeping myself going, but between our recent move, end of the school year craziness w/ our girls and lack of easy accesss to a gym anymore, I've really not treated myself so well. Plus, my joints just don't tolerate the heavy excercise I used to enjoy - I really need to get back to my Yoga & Pilates - but they take so much longer than a 30 minute kickboxing class, and time always seems to be a premium.

I could really use any and all tips & motivation to get myself going - I'd really like to look at what I've done a few months from now, and be proud of myself!!

Here we go again...
06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Blythe,
First let me say, Welcome to the Healthy Living thread! I hope you stay a while!!

I guess you could say that I a a person with lack of willpower too. And, I have never considered portion sizes when filling my plate.
I love food - after all, I am a Cajun girl. I love anything with rice or seafood. I have learned that I can still eat the foods I love, but I do not have to fry them...
I also have to go back for seconds... Is it even possible to eat ONE bowl of gumbo????

Since I have joined weight watchers I have learned so much. The first thing is learning to stop eating when I am starting to get full. (notice I said starting... not waiting until I am full) Someone posted one time that they learned that they let out a little sigh when they were getting full... I realized I do the same thing! When you stop at that point you will be surprised to find out that in about 10 minutes you are really stuffed.

As for going back for seconds... I still do it. Now I weigh my food and put 1/2 of it on my plate. If I am still hungry I get seconds... if not, then even better! (I usually go back for those seconds but do not have the guilt)

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress. :thumbsup: