PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

MouseManiac
06-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Question...Can you send your luggage on Magical Express while you pick up your car rental?

We were kinda hoping to just grab the car and go to the parks... leaving baggage claim to Disney. :secret: We're arriving at 10:30 am, and since we can't check in 'til three, we wanna hit the ground running!

Anyone done this?

Thanks a bunch!

BigRedDad
06-01-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't think that it is a problem since the luggage is picked up separately from the ME bus.

BelleBeauty
06-01-2007, 12:47 PM
I would call and ask. You may be able to arrange it, but it seems like a red flag for security to me. Even Disney has to worry about those problems. However, baggage usually goes in another vehicle so I'm not sure. At the least, I think you would have to go and check in to DME before getting your car and you would have to note your plans on your reservation since your bags will arrive before you check-in.

Strmchsr
06-01-2007, 12:58 PM
No. You cannot do this. It is clearly stated in Disney's policy that DME is not to be used as a luggage transfer service. If you do not wish to ride DME and would prefer a rental car just don't use the service and pick up your bags. You can however, allow the rest of your party to ride the DME bus to the resort and 1 of you pick up the car and meet them at the park or the resort. If you choose to do the rental car instead of DME the resort can still store your luggage until your room is ready.

Kairi_7378
06-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Magical Express will drop you off at your resort. You can pre-check in at the resort, and they will give you your Keys to the World (room key with park tickets all on one card.) Sometimes the room will be ready for you when you get there (ours was when we arrived at 10:00 AM) otherwise you can go to the parks and know that your bags will be in your room whenever you get back! I'm not sure how you would get your park tickets if you didn't stop at the resort first (unless you bought your tickets ahead of time and will have them in your luggage.) You can leave your carry-on bag at luggage services when you leave for the parks.

wendy*darling
06-04-2007, 08:00 AM
We're arriving at 10:30 am, and since we can't check in 'til three, we wanna hit the ground running!

It's already been said, but I wanted to make it clear, one more time.

1- Since you are renting a car, you will need to get your own luggage. You may NOT use DME to move your luggage if you are not riding the bus.
2- You can check in at any time on your arrival day- even 7am, if that's when you arrive. So, as soon as you get to the resort- check-in.
3- It's fine if your room isn't ready yet. Just give your checked and carry-on bags to Bell Services and they will store them until you come back. We never wait for our room to be ready. We check in when we arrive, head to the parks and usually don't get into our room until the very end of the day. One quick call to Bell Services and our bags are brought to the room in minutes.
If you are making a grocery stop on the way to the resort- Bell Services can hold your refrigerated items as well.

Seasonscraps
06-04-2007, 09:51 AM
FYI -- DH & I split up when we rent a car. I usually wait for our bag and DH goes to the car rental counter. The bags were out before the car rental paperwork processing was complete. (We make sure to pick a car rental place that is in the airport).

Another option is to rent the car at Disney World. I believe there is an Enterprise near the Dolphin Resort.