PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha

NJMan66
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I just booked, and pre-paid, for category 1 tickets to this event for 3 adults and 2 children. Boy, what a hit to the pocket book.

What are your thoughts regarding the following:

1) Is it worth the price?
2) Is the food good?
3) Was the service good?
4) Did you feel crowded?
5) Was the seating process stress free?
6) Is the show good?
7) Should I just pass on the whole thing?

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Never paid for the different categories, but as far as dinner shows go, yes it's worth it.

2) Is the food good?
Yes. Much better than it used to be.

3) Was the service good?
Yes.

4) Did you feel crowded?
Not at all.

Yes. The hosts / hostesses seat you by party. The only stressful part is that there are mosquitoes in the waiting area.

6) Is the show good?
Dancing and Music are great. Storyline is so-so.

Not at all! You'll have a good time.

PirateLover
06-01-2007, 12:34 PM

We went on the dining plan and got tier 2 seating. Our seats were great. I wouldn't do it every trip, but I think it is worth it for one time

2) Is the food good?
We loved the food. It's all family style. The ribs and chicken were awesome. I'm not a salad person but those who had the salad said it was great as well.
I think the kids got mac and cheese, hot dogs, and maybe nuggets? I'm not sure we didn't have kids in our party.
Oh and for the adults there is unlimited beer and wine. :beer:

3) Was the service good?
We had the best waitress of the whole trip. A nice African American woman... her name escapes me but I know my mom wrote it down. She had us cracking up the whole time and really made the experience worthwhile

4) Did you feel crowded?
No, but we had our own table.

For us it was. I'm almost positive that they assign you ahead of time. You have to wait around a little bit before you are seated.

6) Is the show good?
Some of the stuff they do while you are eating is kind of corny, but its Disney corny if you know what I mean. When they come out and start dancing it gets really really cool. The guy with the fire is amazing.

Nah. If anything I might move down a tier if you are worried about pricing. But I wouldn't skip it if you already have it planned.

Laughin' place
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
I last attended June 06, for my 4oth b-day.
The Polynesian is one of my favorite resorts (havent stayed yet, but a frequent guest at Ohana and the hotel bars).
I am a huuuge sap for "Disney-style" corny, schmaltzy entertainment. That being said, the "family/Ohana" story line was pretty weak. The performers were great, and we loved the show once it got more into music/dancing/Island culture. The writing, however, ...not so good.
All that being said, I think it is a tasty, fun, worthwhile experience. The only time I would hesitate to go is if the kids are young (Id say this appeals to third graders on up). Have a great time and sip a cocktail for me !:papple::lei:

NJMan66
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Thank you for your quick and frank replies. I depend so much on the opinions of others when I am ready to try something new at WDW.:rocks:

Tinkerfreak
06-01-2007, 02:39 PM
We like this show. I just booked ours for our Oct. trip and I paid for tier 1 because the last time we went a few people in our party were sick and could not go so they stuck us way in the back and my mom had a pole right in front of her the entire time. We love the dance part of it and the food is great but the story line is a bit weak. We still love it though and can't wait to do it again.

snifflesmcg
06-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm so glad all of you responded. I too, booked a show for Cat 3 (that's all I could get) and was worried since it seems to get mixed reviews. Seems you all enjoy the show.

GrmGrninGost
06-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Food is good, show is great, definitely worth the money! We have only been once, but we will return!:mickey:

T-Belle
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
My DD and I went last year. We enjoyed it. Here is her trip report about it.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/archive/index.php?t-80837.html

TiggerRPh
06-02-2007, 12:00 AM

Not in my opinion.

2) Is the food good?

The food was fairly good...not great but good.

3) Was the service good?

Yes, the service was good.

4) Did you feel crowded?

No

Yes

6) Is the show good?

The show was okay....overly corny...not worth what we paid for the evening.

No...if you haven't done it, I'd say try it. You might like it.