PDA

View Full Version : Newbies, Dear Friends, and Darth Vader - PreTrip Report

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Last year I tagged along with Carol and her family for my first Star Wars Weekend experience and had one of my best Disney Days ever! It was so much fun that I knew I had to get my daughter down to see it all this year. We decided to expand on the idea and asked two of her best friends to come along with us. And from there I was delighted to find out that my dear friend Beth and her son Jake from Houston were also making a trip over at the same time. And we expect another good friend, Jeanne, to pop in and out throughout the week as her schedule will allow. Our two guests have never been to WDW before, so it will be such a treat to see it all again through fresh eyes. Beth and Jake are WDW veterens like Dakota and I are, but will be experiencing Star Wars Weekend for the first time.

The girls and I will be arriving at WDW on Thursday (6/7) and will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort through the 16th. Beth and Jake get in a few days ahead of us to enjoy some quality mother/son bonding, and are also staying at CBR.

I think we all want a nice relaxing trip and move at a pace that won't kill us in the heat and humidity. I am sure the newbie endorphins will give us all energy boosts when we need them. Our basic plans are to do Star Wars Weekend day once with Beth and Jake, and possibly the second weekend as well if the girls want to see Peter Mayhew. We are all on the dining plan, so we should have at least one nice meal per day in the lovely air conditioning. We will hit all the parks and try to get the newbies on all the best rides and shows. We aim to give them them the best introduction to WDW that we can. I fully expect to create two new Disney Monsters - their parents may never forgive us. :mickey:

See you next week Jeanne, Jake and Beth!!! :hug:

Piglet822
06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
See you next week Jeanne, Jake and Beth!!!

I'm looking forward to it!!! It's been too long since you all were here.
I even took the week of the 11th off. :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I want to see Peter Mayhew Donna!!! :chewy:

I am looking forward to your reports (I so enjoyed them last year!!). I hope you all have a fabulous time... and may the force be with you! :darth:

KylesMom
06-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm sure, like us, you'll have a wonderful time! How great that you'll have a full entourage with you! :mickey: Oh, I'm sure their parents will LOVE you for creating some new Disney Monsters! :thumbsup:

T-Belle
06-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh , I can't wait to read your reports!! Have a wonderful time!

ElenitaB
06-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I'll be thinking of you and your entourage down there! Have a wonderful time! :hug:

Melanie
06-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Donna, have a most wonderful time introducing Dakota's pals to WDW. What great guides they have! Have fun with Beth and Jake, and Jeanne! :grouphug: :yoda: Stay cool! :whew:

I'll be thinking about you guys while we are walking up Main Street on the West Coast - cause maybe you'll be doing the same thing at the same time! :balloon:

BronxTigger
06-03-2007, 07:36 AM
It sounds like you're going to have a great time! I can't wait to hear the trip reports!

Beach Club Babe
06-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Have a great trip, Donna!:mickey:

Jeff
06-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I hope you, Dakota and your entire entourage have a great time.

Star Wars Weekends are an awesome experience.:darth:

Bethanymouse
06-03-2007, 12:41 PM
It sounds like you have a great plan! We hope to experience Star Wars weekends one of these years. Have a great time and enjoy~:mickey:

princessgirls
06-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Donna,

Have a wonderful trip!! Looking forward to all of the fun reports.

Julie:mickey:

Emily
06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Have a wonderful trip, Donna, and enjoy your time with Jeanne, Beth and everyone! :mickey: I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast! And I have no doubt you will be successful making 2 new Disney fans. ;)

I've never done any of the official events or anything, but it was cool just to be there during the Star Wars weekends. I have to admit I got a little starstruck (and scared :blush: ) seeing Darth Vader wandering around the park! :darth: It's a very cool time to be at MGM!

Safe travels and we'll see you when you get back! :hug:

RedSoxFan
06-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Hope you all have a wonderful time.

pogo
06-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Have fun..... play safe..... and enjoy.:thumbsup:

I can't wait to read all about it. :D

January-2007
06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Have fun!

faline
06-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Donna, you're already at Disney World! I hope you're having a wonderful time!

We seem to keep going right around the same time but never exactly at the same time!

Carol
06-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Welcome back, Donna. We're all ready for the details. :wait: