PDA

View Full Version : From AK & DS to 1900Park Fare & WC

Shoebee99
06-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Hello all, I would like some suggestions on travel to restaurants. My "plans" are that on the days we go to Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios we will eat dinner at 1900 Park Fare and Whispering Canyon. I have not made adr's yet and was wondering if it was easier to get from one park to a restaurant than the other. We will be driving so we could drive to the parks those days if it would be easier than taking the bus. We will be staying at Pop. I'm hoping that after either dinner we can resort hop to see some of the decorations, would that be easier from 1900PF? Not sure what is walking distance or better to drive to or catch 3 buses to get there or hope the monorail.
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Barb

JPL
06-01-2007, 10:31 AM
If you have a car I would suggest driving. You will not to leave as early from the park you are in and it will also be easier to get to your next destination after dinner and the resort hopping. Espcially if you are returning to Pop with the Bus you would have to catch a bus from the park heading back to the resort which depending on the time of day could be quite crowded.

wendy*darling
06-02-2007, 09:52 AM
It is possible, and not too difficult, to do this using Disney transportation.
From either park, just grab a bus to that resort.
After dinner at GF, you can ride the monorail and stop at any/all of the monorail resorts to browse around. It's very easy to do. When you are done, make MK your last stop and just get on a bus to your resort.
After dining at the Wilderness Lodge, you can catch a boat to the MK and get on the bus to your resort.

We find Disney busses to be very easy to use. We never use a car on property.

wdw_bound
06-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Since you are talking about decorations, I'm assuming you are going in December, which means reduced park hours most nights. One option might be to drive from the park to the TTC, hop the monorail to GF, then after supper continue on the monorail loop to the Poly and CR, then back to the TTC to pick up your car and drive back to Pop. I would not try to park at GF - unless you valet, it is a nightmare!

I'd definitely drive to WL - there is ample parking and it is not a hard drive. While you are at WL, consider booking a sleigh ride for an after dinner treat, or making a late enough ADR that you can see the EWP from the beach.