PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #45

King Triton
06-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Keeping in mind the price differential between the types of tickets, do you prefer tickets that don't expire, or tickets that expire 14 days after they are first used?

Y100Q46 will appear during the weekend in Theme Parks.

The review of questions 31-40 will appear early next week.

avantgardeinker
06-01-2007, 09:08 AM
We've never had a problem using all the days on our tickets and don't see the need to have tickets that don't expire. We know that it will be at least another year before we make another trip to The World and don't want to have to keep up with a ticket for that amount of time.

188 more days!!
:mickey:

pshokie
06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
:ditto:
We will probably go every 2-3 years starting next year. So I just don't see is holding onto tickets that do not expire (read: I'll lose them). That plus the fact that after day 5, tickets go up like 4 dollars a day for our family.

BrerSchultzy
06-01-2007, 09:35 AM
We are always of the "Let's spend less in the Planning stage, so we can buy more useless trinkets for the kitchen" mindset. So the Passes that expire, being cheaper, are the ones we get.

That, I don't want to spend the two weeks before our vacation on a Quest for the Lost Pass :search: :elephant::snowball::dizzy:

DawsonAR
06-01-2007, 09:38 AM
We always buy the 10 day passes with no expiration. We are just investing in the future vacations. We do this unless we are going to spend more than 10 days in the park within the same year. If we are spending that much time we just do the AP.

darthmacho
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Considering the frequency of our visits (just 3 in 9 years, and 2 in an 18 month period) there is no need to hang onto passes. Of course I say this as a man who has the romm keycards from all three trips in his wallet. :mickey:

KAT1811
06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I have to agree with everyone else so far.

1.) We NEVER have troulble using all of our days. We are usually there for at least 10 days so we typically use all of our days. :trampo:

2.) That quest for the lost pass you spent so much money on so you could save money on the next trip doesn't sound like fun. :search:

3.) We go every year so if we were going to do two trips it would be in the same year an then we'd go with an annual pass instead of the no expiration option. :encore:

KAJUNKING
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
We've never had a problem using all the days on our tickets and don't see the need to have tickets that don't expire. We know that it will be at least another year before we make another trip to The World and don't want to have to keep up with a ticket for that amount of time.

couldnt have said it better :mickey:

jenperich
06-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Because I go to WDW on a budget, I really can't afford to pay the extra money just to get tickets that don't expire. Plus, I use every day for all it's worth. :-)

Tynkerbelle
06-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Unless I'm only going to WDW for a couple of days, I go with the no expiration option (I also make them hoppers +). I don't generally use all the days when I'm there for a couple of weeks (we do a day or two at US/IOA), so I usually have a few days left that will cover me when I want to do a long weekend. I also have the options on them that have not expired, so I don't have to pay to go to PI, DQ or TL/BB.

I have a small box for my Disney treasures that I keep them in, so I won't lose them.

The only time I'll do the 14 day ticket is if I'm out of unused days on my old tickets and I'm only going to be down there for a couple of days, or if I need to do a one day ticket to get the dining plan.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-01-2007, 10:56 AM
We just use the regular, expiring ticket. We never have a problem using the days, and with all of the packages that now require a ticket purchase, it just seems easier to buy the tickets we need then get into the mess of making sure we don't loose a ticket, buying a 1 day ticket to get the DDP.

Dreamer7080
06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I wasnt sure which to pick since I have an Annual Pass. I went with 'tickets that don't expire' because its far more than 14 days after first use, and we always renew them right away anyways.

GrmGrninGost
06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
We only visit WDW once a year for 9 days. Given this, it makes sense for us to buy tickets that do expire. Hopefully, sometime in the future, we can visit more often!

BritCody
06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
We buy tickets that do not expire. We don't go to the park everyday on our trips. We typically go to the park 6 days out of 10. My parents who are in their late 70's go with my kids and me and going to the park everyday is not in the plans. We get 10-day no expiration and no hopper passes on-line and then we get a 1 day hopper from Disney so we can get the Dining Plan. Then we use the other 5 tickets another year.

tinkerbell04
06-01-2007, 03:02 PM
We are AP holders now because of the hefty DVC discount, but before then, we just bought what we needed and used it up :mickey:

JCDarzi
06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
For our first three trips in recent years to Disney, we got the no-expiration option. We have yet to use a single day that was left over from each of the trips. The last two trips, we went with the 14 day expiration.

Now there's a big cost differential between the options. There's also little costs to add extra days to a Magic Your Way park hopper. If you are doing MYW, there's never a reason to use your saved tickets.

WDWfeelslikehome
06-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I voted Non-expire, I like the idea of always having a ticket for the parks, all I need to do is get there. This is why we became AP's.

Belle--86
06-01-2007, 09:00 PM
We never have a problem using all our days-- we even have ano park day or two. Also I agree with others just looking for the passes is a adventure in it,s self.

Mickey91
06-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Since they started the Magic Your Way, it just isn't economical to get the no expire option. We usually go for nine days so it wouldn't save enough to buy the 10th day and a no expire.

When they used to be good for life at no extra cost, we always bought our tickets separate from a package. That way if something came up, we could hold on to a day for another trip.

tinksmom02
06-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I voted for the expriring tickets. Every trip is our last trip (according to DH), and we usually only get 5-6 days of tickets for a 7-8 day vacation, anyway.

Polynesian Dweller
06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
As others have said, we alwyas use up all of our days so expiring tickets make sense for us.

dolphinmickey9170
06-03-2007, 03:26 PM
We have always used all of our days, so non-expiring is not anything I need.

Mom2princesses
06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
We get tickets that expire. I have never had a ticket left over. We always use every day that we have. No reason for us to pay more for something that we don't need.

DNS
06-03-2007, 05:17 PM
We always get the tickets that don't expire. The second trip we ever made to WDW we almost had to leave a couple of days after we got there because my grandmother got sick back in Ohio. I panicked and we were going to leave, but when I called her she insisted she would be fine, so we stayed and I called her at least twice a day. If we'd had tickets that expired and we had left, we would have lost a lot. Also in 2004, we did have to leave after just two days of 7 planned because of a hurricane. We would have lost big then too. No way will I chance that. It's worth the extra money to me.

Beast_fanatic
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
We always get the tickets that don't expire. The second trip we ever made to WDW we almost had to leave a couple of days after we got there because my grandmother got sick back in Ohio. I panicked and we were going to leave, but when I called her she insisted she would be fine, so we stayed and I called her at least twice a day. If we'd had tickets that expired and we had left, we would have lost a lot. Also in 2004, we did have to leave after just two days of 7 planned because of a hurricane. We would have lost big then too. No way will I chance that. It's worth the extra money to me.

Just an FYI, you can add the no expiration feature any time within 14 days of first use, so you don't have to buy it up front, you can just buy it if you need it. You will pay based on the highest number of days on the ticket (so if it was an 8-day it would be based on that, but if it had been an 8-day and you added 2 days, it would be based on 10-days. The price is not based on the remaining days on the ticket.).

crazypoohbear
06-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I like the non expiring ticket, we have leftovers so "we can go to disney next year and it won't cost anything for tickets":secret::blush:
I know we have already paid for them but it's like "free money"

mdricks
06-04-2007, 12:10 PM
I am in the minority on this one. I take yearly solo trips that are planned on the fly and at a whim. Every third year or so I buy a 10 day park hopper with no expiration. That way I'm ready to go.

If you add in the cost of five separate two-day hoppers and the cost "upgrade" every year I actually save money in the long run.

Plus, unlike an AP, I get to use it for more than a year. The secret is to buy the pass at the Disney store because they sell them on plastic credit-card type media and not paper. They last longer and are easier to keep up with.

:thumbsup:

rt207
06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Well, I've been out of the loop for awhile so I no longer have practically every different ticket cost memorized:shake:, but, if I remember correctly, the 10 day no expiration option was a great deal at first and then they really jacked up the price on the "no expiration" and it lost most of its appeal to me. If my memory is correct, at this point I wouldn't buy that option any longer. Now that this was brought up, I need to check out the prices!:surf:

January-2007
06-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I voted for no expiration tickets. Right now we have annual passes, and these are the only tickets we have ever had to pay for (parents paid before, and that was before the new price matrix, when all tickets lasted forever). I can see going to WDW for a week and spending 3 days in the parks. DH was so tired this last trip, it might be more enjoyable. We've been so many times now too, it's not a priority to ride everything anymore.

caryrae
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
It would make sense for us if we bought 10 day no expire tickets for only $371 (disney website) because it could save you about $300 because if you bought separate tickets for each year you go in the future it would cost $643 for 10 days. 3- 3 day tickets $192 each and a 1day ticket $67 = 10 days for $643. Thats at todays prices it could cost more if Disney raises the prices again.

Since we do 3 days at the parks when we go we would have our tickets for the next 3 visits and not have to come up with money for park tickets because we would have those already.

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I honestly don't know because I've alway had an annual pass when visiting WDW. So again Majority Rules.
:goofy: