PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking CRT...

MinniesMom
06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I decided to book a trip for Nov. yesterday, 163 days out. When making dining reservations, out of curiosity I inquired about CRT never thinking anything would be available. To my surprise there was a table available for the first date and time that I asked about. Out of shock I booked it! Now I am rethinking that decision. My family and I have done this breakfast before when the kids were younger. While it was a wonderful experience, $166 dollars (for 5 - 3 adults/2 children) for breakfast just kills me! My understanding is that now the price includes photos? Is that true?

Anyway, I normally splurge at Disney regardless of price (even though I think some things are ridiculously over-priced) but this summer we are going to Paris. I've already cut back from a DLX to a MOD resort since this will be our second vacation. Now I'm thinking about switching from CRT to 1900 Park Fare.

Can anyone tell me about their breakfast experience at 1900? What do you think about changing from CRT to 1900? The reason why I am asking about 1900 Park Fare is that it's one of the few we haven't experienced. We've done just about every other one!

BrerSchultzy
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
If you have not experienced 1900 Park Fare, I think you should. It's a bit crowded, but the food is great, and the character interaction is very good. Since I'm all about experiencing new things, I'd say go with Park Fare, and save CRT for a few years from now when you all get nostalgic.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
06-01-2007, 10:07 AM
We did the CRT breakfast in 2006 and loved it. Pictures were included and they turned out really great. This year we tried 1900 Park Fare and really enjoyed it, especially for the difference in price. If you are looking for princesses though, the obvious choice is CRT, but if you are just looking for a nice character meal, I would definitely recommend 1900 Park Fare.

Nicki'sMom
06-01-2007, 05:22 PM
You said 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Do you know that the characters are Alice in Wonderland,Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter and Pooh and Tigger during breakfast? Cinderella and company are only at dinner. I just didn't want you to be surprised by that. We did 1900 for dinner and loved it. We are doing CRT for the first time this Sept and we are doing 1900 PF as well.

Minniemouse27
06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Dh and I (no dd yet) did CRT breakfast back in 1999 and we liked it. Dd has eaten lunch and dinner in the castle between her two visits to MK.

Since we've BTDT and the price is just :jaw: we decided to forgo CRT and go to 1900 Park Fare for dinner one night and Akershus for breakfast another day. That way we hit all the princesses and everyone is happy. :D

Kairi_7378
06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I can't comment on 1900 Park Fare because I haven't eaten there. But the princess breakfast in Norway may be a good bet for you (and cheaper!) I can't imagine spending $166 for breakfast, but I know that some people really cherish the memories of the breakfasts and you simply can't put a price tag on those.

tinksmom02
06-01-2007, 09:55 PM
The breakfast at 1900 is really cute. Mary is in the entranceway, and Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger walk around. We were there in Jan and the restaurant didn't get more than half full, which allowed each character to visit our table at least 2x. The food was very good, and our waitress was very attentive. We enjoyed it so much that we're giving the Cindy dinner a try in September--during the 1900 rehab!

I would suggest trying it, as long as no one in your group has an overwhelming desire to dine with Princesses. I agree with another poster who suggested saving CRT for later on.

Course, if you want Cindy, you could do dinner at 1900, and if you want princesses, I've heard good things about the Princess breakfast at Akershus (we're trying that one in Sept). They will all run you much less that breakfast at the castle, I think.

Good luck! :mickey:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-02-2007, 06:38 AM
1900 Park Faire had better character interaction. Since the food was buffet-style, we got a better variety and more food. Also, the whole atmosphere was more casual - with little pricesses dancing with each other all over the aisles (including my own). Yes, it was crowded, but so was CRT. At CRT we also felt more rushed.
Despite all this, we're planning to do CRT again, simply because my DD loved eating in the castle it so much.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Whoops - I just realized I was talking about about the 1900 dinner, not the Supercala breakfast (which we also did, if you'd like to know about that). Sorry!

cgriff
06-02-2007, 07:58 AM
...but this summer we are going to Paris.

And you'll be visiting Disneyland Paris, right?

cgriff

tadshome
06-02-2007, 12:19 PM
We dined at both CRT and 1900 last year and both were amazing. The CRT is worth the extra money because of the the photo package, but which ever one you choose you will enjoy. :thumbsup:

:mickey:Are you staying on site at DLRP?:mickey:
You have picked a great time to go there as they are celebrating 15 years of :magic:. You will have a great time:pixie:

Mickey91
06-02-2007, 10:50 PM
First of all, 1900 Park Fare is not a Cinderella breakfast. I think it is Mary Poppins. Second, it is being refurbed and the meals are preplated and in a different location. That being said, CRT does include a photo session and the princesses. I think you made a fine choice and I would keep CRT, especially when 1900 isn't as it is supposed to be.

biodtl
06-03-2007, 04:20 PM
We did CRT last time with DD3 and thought it was wonderful. We had DDP, so the expense wasn't so "noticeable", though. But even if I had paid OOP, I would have thought it was worth it to see her face.