PDA

View Full Version : Our Go with the Flow Weekend - Day 4 (Last Day) May 29th

MissStyles
06-01-2007, 08:57 AM
We slept this morning until almost 9. Bob was actually hungry so he went over and got some breakfast to go from the pepper market while I packed up the room. I was slightly sad :(, but I knew we still had another day to have fun so I was excited at the same time :). After we finished getting ready and double checking the room we brought everything out to the car and drove over to EPCOT at 10:00 am. Our main goal – final attempt at getting fast passes for Soarin’…and we succeeded! Our return time was between 1 and 2 so after a quick stop at Club Cool we were on the monorail and on our way to the Magic Kingdom. For some reason this day was the worst crowd-wise. I was thinking Memorial Day would be, but maybe everyone decided to start their vacations the day after? Who knows….but I couldn’t even walk at a normal pace throughout the park. I didn’t mind because I wasn’t there to see or do anything specific. I figured dole whip would make a nice brunch for me…so we got in line. We actually had to wait awhile, many people had the same idea as me! We both got vanilla/pineapple swirls and slowly walked through Adventureland. Pirates had an hour wait so that was out…and Splash and Thunder both were over an hour. On to the Haunted Mansion…which only had a 20 minute wait. It was still weird winding through the line. Luckily I know where the door is in the stretch room so we were the first ones of our group on the ride. Bob makes fun of me for going right near where the door is, but hey why not? :blush: After our ride we once again slowly worked our way through the park to check out the situation at Space. Well, the fast pass machines were down and the line was around 80 minutes…so we opted for the TTA…because you can never get enough of it anyway! After soaking up as much as we could of Tomorrowland for this trip we made our way down Main Street, with that one last glance of the castle and boarded the monorail(s) back to EPCOT. EPCOT didn’t seem
as crowded as the MK which was nice. We went straight to the Land and used our fast passes.
We lucked out and made it into row B-1. Talk about perfect! :thumbsup: Next we did the boat ride which only had a 10 minute wait. I heard a girl in front of me talking about E:E and how it was a ride through the Alps. That made me chuckle a bit. The food court was not as crowded today so after our ride I got some vegetable soup and Bob got some pretzels for a snack. I forgot to mention that on Sunday we went to guest services in EPCOT to see if we could get an ADR for Rose and Crown. Neither of us had ever tried it before. We got one for today at 4:40 pm. As a note, all of the restaurants in EPCOT had same day seating available for lunch except for Coral Reef
and Le Cellier…and for dinner Marrakesh, Nine Dragons and Biergarten were all available. So
it is possible to secure dining ressies on the same day – even on a busy holiday weekend. I know that many have their heart set on a certain place…so I can see why they make their ADRs well in advance, especially if they don’t get to go often. Anyway…we didn’t want to eat much before our early dinner in the UK so that’s why we just had something light at the Land. We proceeded to hit up our favorite Future World rides once again (Spaceship Earth, Club Cool, Test Track and Figment). By this time it was nearing 4:30 and I was starving so we checked in early at Rose and Crown. We were seated outside shortly after. We had a wonderful server named Stephanie from Portsmouth, England. Our meal was fabulous. It reminded me of food that I’ve had in England before. We shared the sautéed mushrooms for a starter, Bob just had to have fish and chips which he loved and I had a vegetable pot pie which was extremely delicious. It had veggies and lentils in it. :tasty: I even asked for the recipe which the chef will hopefully be emailing me soon, as well as the mushroom recipe. After dinner we walked the entire loop of World Showcase where I picked up some spices in Morocco and a school bread to bring home. Sadly we knew we should hit the road soon, but not without one last journey through the history of communication. I really hope they don’t change it TOO much!:fingers: We were on the road by 6:30 and after a quick stop at Hess (which by the way had gas for 2.95 in WDW) we were back to reality with the blink of an eye. It’s strange because even though we live fairly close to the world I still felt like we were thousands of miles away, which shows just how magical WDW can be. We were home just before 9 and unpacked and eating school bread by 9:30. It truly was a wonderful vacation. I remember driving down to FL in January (which is when we moved here) and being at our hotel in West Virginia deciding that we would make our first trip as FL residents this weekend. It seemed so far away. I’m so grateful that I can now take little trips here and there easier than ever. No matter how many times I go though I’ll always take away something new and exciting with me. I made my reservations on Wednesday morning for my Labor Day weekend trip. Let the countdown begin…..

Thanks for reading….have a Disney day!!!! :mickey::mickey:

disneydrmr
06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
What a wonderful way to spend the last day! Thank you so much for telling us all about your trip! I've enjoyed reading your reports! And am looking forward to hearing about all your future trips as well!

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, last days are painful, but you certainly made the most of yours. You had my favorites at Rose and Crown - the mushrooms and the fish! Yummy! How nice that you live close enough to get back again soon. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

bettie
06-03-2007, 10:26 AM
I love the fact that you got to eat school bread at home. I'm sure it was still as magically delicious as it would be in Norway.

What a wonderful trip you two had! Thank you for sharing. Great meal descriptions as well.

:mickey: awesome!

faline
06-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Rose and Crown is such a yummy restaurant! Glad you enjoyed it!

Well, you finally made it on Soarin'! :thumbsup:

pogo
06-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Emily....... Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed reading. :D

January-2007
06-08-2007, 03:48 PM
What a great day! We noticed that too, with the availability of same day ADRs, it was so unexpected and convenient! We made at least 3! I've enjoyed reading your reports, especially since we were there at the same time and were both worried about our trips before we left home. Sounds like your trip went beautifully, and I am so glad! Thanks for reporting!

Lizzie
06-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Its so fun when you get on Soarin and you realize what a great row you got.