PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rabbit

Camaro305
05-31-2007, 03:59 PM
I remember Roger Rabbit, and other "toon" things in some park. I thought it was a whole section or area containing this. I remember a food place in there too. Was it MGM, or Universal? This was awhile ago. Thanks!

disneygal01
05-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Roger Rabbit is in MGM outside the entry que for the Backlot Tours. I hope that this helps you. It's a shop near the bathrooms...it's not that small so you should deffinately see it but it is tucked away if you aren't looking for it. I hope that this helps you out.....:mickey:

J9
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
That was the Backlot area in MGM. (Sort of near NY Street and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground.)

I have a lot of pictures from when me and my brother were little - there was a lot of Roger Rabbit things - like the steamroller, Jessica Rabbit, a Roger shaped hole-in-the-wall, the weasel's Police Car, and sound effects boxes that made noises when you opened them. I seem to recall there being some Roger Rabbit cutout figures in the boneyard of the Backlot Tour itself, but I could be wrong.

That area is still there, but most if not all of the Roger Rabbit theming is gone. If memory serves correctly, only the Steamroller and police car are still there and maybe some props that were hanging from the rafters (I seem to recall an elephant in a net?) Most of that area is now full of Power Rangers stuff.

TiggerRPh
05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Roger Rabbit is in MGM outside the entry que for the Backlot Tours. I hope that this helps you. It's a shop near the bathrooms...it's not that small so you should deffinately see it but it is tucked away if you aren't looking for it. I hope that this helps you out.....:mickey:

Was....he's not really not there much anymore. Roger is pretty non-existent now.

Camaro305
06-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks to all! I missed it on our last trips because we did not do the backlot tour.

wilshade
06-01-2007, 09:40 AM
There isnt much "backlot" left of the Backlot Tour. Which is probably why most folks are skipping it just like you. :mickey:

JPL
06-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Sadly due a dispute with Spielberg Roger Rabbit is a character in limbo. Hopefully in the near future they can revive him and patch things up with Spielberg. It's sad to see such a great character basically going to waste. This is the reason you don't see him in the park any more doing meet and greets and why WDW never received a Roger Rabbit attraction.

DawsonAR
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I remember when it was a pretty large area. It was cool stuff to look at. There isn't much left in the area anymore and easy to miss.