PDA

View Full Version : Should I Make Any Changes?

madhatterrules
05-31-2007, 12:45 PM
We (me-37, DH-41, DD-8) will be vacationing in August and I have made all of my ADRs but am not sure about O'Hana, thinking of changing it to Kona Cafe. Also not sure about Cap'n Jacks, I've read mixed reviews. Any input would be appreciated. We are on the dining plan.:chef:
Here is my list:
Whispering Canyon Cafe
O'Hana
Sci-Fi Dine In
Prime Time Cafe
Spoodles
Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast
Le Cellier
Chefs de France
Cap'n Jacks

MsMin
05-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Looks like a wonderful selection. I think it will be great and experiences can vary where ever you dine. I think of it as a great reason to go back..

Mom2princesses
05-31-2007, 02:07 PM
We love 'Ohana and Kona. It is so hard to choose. I guess it depends on what your family likes. We do both of them during our stay. The food is great at both. With Kona you have a menu to select from while 'Ohana is family style where you get lots of food.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I have never eaten at the other resturant so I can't help there.

Have a great trip!

BelleBeauty
05-31-2007, 02:18 PM
My rule with Cap'n Jacks is: Only on DDP and only if everyone plans to get the twin lobster tail meal. Otherwise, not worth the money.

Service was bad, food other than lobster was simply terrible, and the atmosphere was severly lacking not just Disney magic but anything that a regular restaurant should have. It felt like a diner.

That being said the DDP value for the lobster tails is great, and if you want that it is totally worth the lack of other niceties.

Nicki'sMom
05-31-2007, 03:23 PM
My advice is KEEP Ohana and ADD Kona:lei:

madhatterrules
06-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Thank-you for the comments, any other input would be great!

Jenny:mickey:

Mickey91
06-04-2007, 09:52 AM
My family loved Ohanas. We have not eaten at Kona or Cap N Jacks so I cannot say about those. Until this thread, I had heard good things about Cap N Jacks. Now I wouldn't have a clue which way to say.

DawsonAR
06-04-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.