PDA

View Full Version : A story of a good solo-tripper gone bad.......

mdricks
05-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Well another solo trip in the bag and its time to report. Filed a pre trip some 150 posts ago. Had a number of ADR's and a great plan of attack for the parks. Acomplished? none of it. (Oh but did we have fun!)

Oh well, The best laid plans of men and mice….

Cast Me
And this year the solo trip added a new cast member, a fellow 40-sompin with too much time on his hands.

Goal- an Adult trip to the world.

Arrived on Thursday at 9pm. Buddy waiting at the Foxsports bar in the airport with a shot a tequila and off they go.

Went to the resort and checked in at about 10pm. Stayed at pop.

PROS-The resort was nice, supposedly full but no lines, everything laid out well, very clean, towel animals every day.

CONS-The walls are made of tissue paper. You could hear the people thinking next door. A baby some doors down was prone to 3am screaming matches with his blankie. The blankie lost.

I have never gone Deluxe as the capital outlay is more than I like to pay but now that I have done both sports and pop it is unlikely I will go value again. I love POFQ and I think that is home base from this point forward. For me, i see a definite difference even though im not in the room much.

I digress, back to the debauchery. First night, off to pleasure island to see what there is to see. Crowd was a little on the young side so we hit Regalan road to get a late dinner. The food choices looked great but (likely due to our timing) were poorly executed. Everything was undercooked although spiced to perfection. Did the calamari and the scallops. I would try both again during a more "food oriented" time of the day. Drank lots of beers and Irish car bombs, had a margarita as well oh and don’t forget the tequila shots. At about closing time we headed back to the resort to get some shut eye because tomorrow is….

Epcot and our Segway tour. The Segway tour was a highlight of this trip. The cast members were very helpful and the tour was great fun. I thought the information on the tour was a little weak but someone who spends anytime on Intercot knows a lot of the basic trivia covered on this tour. The segways are very easy to use and zipping around Epcot on these things was a real blast. Not exactly on the masculinity rating of a Harley Davidson tour in St. Thomas but hey. I would do this tour again in an instant.

After our tour ended we hit soaring to get some fast passes and then a tour of the world showcase. Beers in England, and then Germany with a stop for Brats on the way, then in Mexico (saw the new 3 amigos addition, feh.) Sake and beers in Japan, a Kronenberg….. (Are you seeing a trend here?) :beer: Finish up our Epcot day with test track and mission space, got to soarin, a few more beers in England then off to MGM for and afternoon of……

Sittin at the bar drinking apple martini's. 3 (or was it 4 later…..) rode tower of terror and rocking roller coaster. :sick:

Man I am getting hungry. My homie has mad love for the margs at the downtown Disney kiosk :marg: so we are off to get us some top shelf but wait! We arrive to late and the kiosk has just closed down for the night. What's a boy to do?

Fulton's Crab House for a great bottle of Cabernet and a big plate of steamed seafood. Boy was that good. 265$ later its time to pour ourselves back onto a bus :medic: and head home because tomorrow is

EVEREST!!! My all time favorite Disney coaster. I think RnR is mega-cool but the Everest experience is one of a kind. And the single riders line is so nice. The wait was an hour for everyone else. Single rider? 10minutes. A lesson I learned on this trip. Mission Space, Everest, Test Track. Take the single riders lines.

We went on dinosaur, and walked around to see what there was to see. Hey is that a bar over there? Yep! Mojhitos all around. After being shaken then stirred we pack it up and head to the Magic Kingdom. Space mountain, TTA, haunted mansion some shopping and then off to dinner at Kimono's in the swan.

Kimono's is a great small outlet. The sushi was par excellence and my buddy is the Karaoke king. We stayed there singing until they kicked us out. Let it suffice to say that there were undergarments thrown on stage during a particularly suave Humperdink redo by my boy. :eek: Good times….

Not done yet, off to jellyrolls for some dancing and singing til the weeeee hours.

Last day, heading home. But not quite yet….. We have… A Tee Time! :golf: Finally after years of drooling and dreaming, I get to actually play one of the Disney courses. Played the Palm. It was in average shape with a lot of divots on the greens and the tee boxes were torn up pretty bad. We got in on a half price, late start special and for the 55per with cart the course was worth the bucks. If I had to pay full price I would have been seriously disappointed. The marshal got backed up by the office and was trying to get about 4 to many foursomes out at the same time. Play was s……l……o……w…. 6 hours for a deuce to finish a round. Shameful. If you plan on playing Disney my advice would be make plenty of time, you will need it.

Scored a …well we don’t need to talk about the score now do we? Three sleeves of balls should tell you everything you need to know. Ouch! :blush:

Tired, slightly hung-over and happy, I get back on a plane at about 7pm. Back to the real world…….

aprilisis
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a great trip. I want to go with you next time I go to WDW- you guys know how to have fun! :thumbsup:

pogo
05-31-2007, 02:18 PM
This sounded like a great trip !:thumbsup:

I've never played :golf: at WDW. I hope you didn't try to get any golf balls back from the water:gator:

I'm glad you had a good time.... thanks for sharing. :D

disneydrmr
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Um, and how long did your hang overs last? ;) Thanks for sharing your report. :stitch2:

Christine
05-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Holy smokes! I can't believe you are hung-over...I would imagine you should still be pretty intoxicated! ;)

Sounds like a really fun trip!!

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

luvdiznee
05-31-2007, 05:13 PM
OMG all those drinks and then rides after! :sick:I could never do that. I couldn't even take Star Tours. :sick:But kudos to you! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 05:44 PM
:laughing::rotfl::funny:Thanks for sharing your trip:mickey:

princessgirls
05-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Now that sounds like a great trip!

Thanks for sharing!!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyKim22
05-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I am still laughing at the report. Great report!!! I wasn't sure weather to :sick: in the middle of the story or not - but then just two glasses of wine and I'm asleep within the hour! :blush:

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I am afraid to think what would happen if I mixed that much alcohol with rides, but I am glad that you two had so much fun! :mickey:

MOJoe
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Now That's What I'm Talkin About!!! What a hilarious trip report. Man, i swear the next time i'm in Orlando on a solo biz trip - I'm callin you!

mm59
06-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Well you said you were going to have a few :beer: arround Epcot. Sounds like a fun trip:thumbsup::mickey:

garymacd
06-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Drank lots of beers and Irish car bombs, had a margarita as well oh and don’t forget the tequila shots.

Those Irish Car Bombs will get you every time! Had my first one (think it was only one) just a few days ago in NYC.

Man, are they smooooooth.

Bethanymouse
06-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Wow it sounds like you had a great trip! I bet the ride photos came out funny! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

crazypoohbear
06-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a great trip.
Have you sobered up yet??;)

mudpuppysmom
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I am afraid to think what would happen if I mixed that much alcohol with rides, but I am glad that you two had so much fun! :mickey:

Yeah, I'd have not gotten too far if I drank that much!!!! Glad you had a great trip!

January-2007
06-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
06-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed your trip.

rsumrall
06-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I just gotta know, how much $$ did you drop on alcohol?

Lucille
06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I loved the trip report!!

:beer: :mickey:

mdricks
06-07-2007, 01:47 PM
In answer to the $$$ question. I don't remember......:blush:

:D

CAVEAT!: In all seriousness, we are both very respectable fathers who have few chances to let our hair down. At all times we remain cognizant of the people around us and both of us remember, and kept in mind, that The World is a family destination.

And it was somewhere in the realm of $400 over 2 days. :marg:

Jeff G
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
That sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.