PDA

View Full Version : Our Go with the Flow Weekend - Day 3 May 28th

MissStyles
05-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Today we slept in until 8:30 am and lounged around the room until 10:00 am. We were both still full from the night before so breakfast was not a necessity this morning. We walked over to the marina…Bob was planning on renting a kayak and I was going to take pictures of him and the resort. Well it turned out that the kayaks were for 2 people, so I decided to join him! There was only one other boat out on the
lake so we pretty much had it to ourselves. It was a lot of fun and great arms workout as well. It was a beautiful morning and everything looked so pretty. The total for the half hour was $6.50 – definitely a great deal! :thumbsup:After our boat ride we walked around the resort taking pictures and stopping at a hammock. We went to the room to grab some towels and went back out to the pool. We swam/hot tubbed for about an hour. Bob read some of his book and I went back to the room to shower and get ready for
the rest of the day. I had some snacks and watched some tv. Bob came back and ate the rest of the pizza from last night and soon we were both ready to hit the parks (I was getting antsy at this point) and we were walking into EPCOT just before 2:00 pm. We attempted to get fast passes for Soarin’, but once again they were gone for the day. Oh no, only one more day to try for Soarin’. Will we make it??? Read on to find out. Now, I can’t really remember the order of everything we did…but I do know we did Innoventions, Spaceship Earth, Test Track single riders’ line and Club Cool in
Future World. Then we began to wander World Showcase starting in Mexico. We first stopped at the Flower and Garden festival center. We looked around a bit, but I really just wanted to go inside the Odyssey for nostalgic reasons. I remember it being a restaurant, but that’s about it – I was really young the last time I was in there! We then entered the Mexico pavilion. There was actually a line for the boat ride! I
was happy for them in a way, because I always felt bad that not many people ever went on it. We waited about 10 – 15 min to get on…….I wasn’t impressed with the new version. I miss the 80’s clips and the theme song. Oh well...such is Disney. For the rest of the afternoon we slowly walked through the countries checking out the scenery and shops. We took a little rest in Morocco and headed on. I forgot to mention this, the other night while we were in Morocco we heard a lady say to her
husband/boyfriend/friend hey do you want to go check out Morocco and his response was NOOOOOOO WAYYYYY. I felt bad for her and thankful that my boyfriend would never respond in such a way! We began to make our way to the exit of the park, but not without one more trip through time on Spaceship Earth per Bob’s request. He was really getting into this ride this trip. I was not obliged though! We made our way to our car and drove over to Animal Kingdom for extra magic hours. I’ve never been to this park at night so I was looking forward to it. We decided to have dinner at Tusker House. I wanted something healthy and they are notorious for fresh and light food. As we were walking in to the park though, I said outloud – I want to go to Rainforest! So we checked and there was an hour wait…so we put in our names at 6:30 pm and entered the park to waste some time. We grabbed a couple of apples to hold us over and just shopped and enjoyed the atmosphere. We also got our EMH wristbands. Around 7:45 pm we were thankful to be sitting down to a nice leisurely meal. We had time because the park was open until 11:00 pm. I had some clam chowder to start and a vegetable stir fry for dinner with jasmine rice. It definitely hit the spot for me. Bob had paella…and he enjoyed it, I tried a bite and it was tasty! After our well needed meal we went into the park and headed right for Expedition Everest. We were anticipating long waits and the sign said 50 minutes. We decided to just wait because
we could atleast enjoy the artifacts in the queue. Well it turned out to be only a 15 minute wait,which we of course were not complaining about. Let me just say the E:E is AMAZING in the dark. :coaster: There are times when you are in total darkness and it makes it even better than in the daytime. It’s worth it to go to EMH just for that. We ended up riding three times in a row. We could have gone one more time…but we decided that 3 times was enough for us. Bob purchased a cappuccino on our way out and we were leaving the AK parking lot just before 11. After about a 5 minute drive we were pulling into the Coronado Springs parking lot. I finished the rest of the fudge in our room and fell fast asleep once again. (Yes I did brush my teeth!!) It was another excellent day. I don’t think we could have planned it to be this good. We were definitely content. Next up…our last day :sadwave:…but not forever ofcourse! :wave:

disneydrmr
05-31-2007, 09:37 AM
I LOVED the thrill of Everest in the daytime... I can't imagine it being any more thrilling - but you got me wanting to ride it after dark now! Again, for getting a late start you managed to do quite a bit! You are proof that you do not have to be a 'commando' to enjoy the parks! Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

pogo
05-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I felt the same way during our last trip.... you can never plan on it being this good. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to rad about your Day Four. :D

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Ooh, Animal Kingdom at night sounds really cool - I bet the whole jungly feel was really different! We may have to add that to our to do list next time:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

bettie
06-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I'll have to put doing the EMH at AK on my list!!

I want to see all of these pictures you took!

I wonder if you got to do Soarin'...... I shall read on........ :thumbsup:

faline
06-07-2007, 05:26 AM
I've been trying to hit an evening Animal Kingdom extra magic hour! So far, it hasn't worked out!

Actually, I like the new ride in Mexico. I thought it was quite fun!

Glad you had such a wonderful day!

January-2007
06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks for reporting. Sounds like another great day. I didn't know they rented kayaks at the Coronado Springs Resort. What a deal!