PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant in Disney

NOLAneuro
05-31-2007, 08:59 AM
We leave for Disney tomorrow and we found out last night that my wife is pregnant with our third child. I am a little nervous about driving down as well as her being ok in the parks during this very early pregnancy. Does anyone have experience with early pregnancy and Disney? I am planning on avoiding the bumpy rides (although I heard Safari at Animal Kingdom is OK) and having her go slow and stay hydrated

nervous dad

crazypoohbear
05-31-2007, 09:38 AM
I was in my first trimester back in 1994. I avoided any rides that said "pregnant woman should avoid" I was considered a high risk pregnancy so I was not taking any chances.
Keep her well hydrated and keep in mind that in early pregnancy certain smells might set her off.

Oh, and if she says she's hungry FEED HER right away. When we were there if I said I was hungry I needed to eat THEN!
I still remember just walking off at MGM because everyone was debating where we should go, "We had 6 adults and 1 child, everyone was trying to be polite, "where do you want to eat, Oh, I don't care where would you like to go, oh, no, you choose." I was starving!!! I left, found the first counter service and went in. I was half done when everyone else FINALLY showed up!
So, here are the suggestions
Drink lots of water
eat whenever, wherever she wants
avoid any scents she says makes her sick
avoid rides that say to avoid them.
most important Pamper, pamper, pamper!!!!!
She's having your third child!!!!:thumbsup:

goofiecrazy
05-31-2007, 09:40 AM
My last trip i was 12 weeks along and made sure it was ok for me to do things while there.I still did the safari ride in AK plus the dino ride.I knew what to expect being on but I felt a little sick after it from being pregnant.THose are 2 of the rides they tell not to ride if ur expecting.Didnt do any of the other bigger rides like all the coasters.But if u have been before then u guys will know what she can handle and what she might not be able to.Take it easy cuse she might move at a slower pace since being pregnant. Have fun..

Dakota Rose
05-31-2007, 10:12 AM
I went to DLR twice while pregnant. First time I was 7 weeks, second time I was almost 6 months. I avoided the roller coasters. I rode Soarin' both times without any issues and spent the rest of the time enjoying shows and the kiddie rides. Nausea was my biggest struggle both times. Don't forget to pick up some prenatal vites on your way! :) Congrats!:)

tink'72
05-31-2007, 10:45 AM
First off a big CONGRATULATIONS :congrats:

I was in my first trimester in 2002 when we went to Disney. We went on Amtrak. That I would not recommend being pregnant. I think driving will be okay. You are in control of when you stop so she should be fine.

As for the rides I would just watch the warnings. I did do the Safari ride in AK and that was fine. I would watch the bigger rides , drink lots of water and snack often and she should be fine!

Enjoy:mickey:

pianobabe
05-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy. In addition to those listed above, my tip would be to know where all of the bathrooms are in the parks and along the way for the drive. Also, make sure you have the phone number available for your OB Doctor or Midwife. You also need to take afternoon breaks to rest and to get out of the heat.
:congrats:

Pick up something special for baby while you are at WDW. After all, this will be their first trip.:baby:

vamaggie
05-31-2007, 01:31 PM
More Congratulations!!! :congrats: Ditto to everything said above. One more thing I would say is make sure that you stop while driving so DW can get out and walk around. When I was pregnant with my last and we drove anywhere, sitting in the car for a long time (more than 2 hrs for me) really made my legs & back ache. Keep the circulation moving. Pack snacks for the parks and plan to take a lots of rest breaks too. I wouldn't try any bumpy rides and let her take things at her own pace. ENJOY!!!

KAT1811
05-31-2007, 10:33 PM
:congrats: On the new little one on the way. We also have three children (all girls) and I went to WDW when I was 7 months pregnant with our first. I had no problems at all. Just remember to keep her hydrated. Dehydration is one of the biggest dangers while pregnant. Many moms don't want to drink too much because every 2 minutes we are heading for the nearest restroom (especially in the first and third trimesters). She'll be fine you guys are old pros at this by now. (Although my DH also got increasingly protective with each of our pregnancies. I think he's going to try putting me in a bubble next time.) I'm sure your DW will let you know when she needs a rest and some time off her feet. What a wonderful trip, you have your own little piece of magic with you. Have a great trip!