PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club or Boardwalk

Alpha Jeanie
05-31-2007, 12:06 AM
We are thinking of staying at either the Yacht Club or Boardwalk. Can you tell me what you like or dislike about both resorts. Does it get loud at night with all the activity going on at the Boardwalk?

Thanks for any info.

auntfrannie
05-31-2007, 06:16 AM
We're staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in August. Two years ago we stayed at the Yacht Club and really liked it. The CMs were all very friendly as you walked through the lobby; housekeeping was exceptional.

We had two connecting rooms that shared a huge balcony that looked out over the hotel entrance.

The only thing we didn't like was the limited hours for the refillable mugs. If we wanted drinks when the breakfast stand was closed we had to trek over to the Beach Club, which was always a madhouse.

DawsonAR
05-31-2007, 07:04 AM
I stayed at the YC last year. We didn't notice any noise from the outside. However, we did have loud guest in the hallway at all hours of the night. I do think this can happen at any hotel. The resort was beautiful and the overall experience was wonderful. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

CanadianWDWFan
05-31-2007, 08:02 AM
We stayed at the BWI last summer and loved it. We liked the look of the BC/YC but the main pool was just too crowded for us.

The CM's at the BWI were very friendly and welcomed us home everytime we arrived back at the resort. We we so impressed by it that we are in process of buying into DVC there.

I agree with auntfrannie that the mug issue is something that needs to be fixed. At the BWI you could only get something for your mug on the Boardwalk and then they gave your drink in a disposable cup. Kinda defeats the refillable mug thing don you think.

Sure there was a breakfaast bar in the hotel but it was only opened for breakfast.

roryjulie
05-31-2007, 09:35 AM
I just returned from the YC on Monday, and I stayed at BW in February for my wedding.

I would recommend BW over YC. I liked both resorts, but I think the BW was just a little warmer feeling. It wasn't at all loud at night, and I was on the bottom floor.

The one negative about BW is that the restaurants are not IN the hotel.. they are on the BW. I actually dont mind this but some people do.

I was disappointed with counter service choices at the YC.

Both resorts are beautiful though.

pox24
05-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Both are great. I prefer YC, because its quieter, Themed very well and has Stormalong Bay. Its still only a short walk to the BW activities too.:thumbsup:

moe513
06-02-2007, 04:29 PM
We like the YC. I do find the pool too big but my kids love it, especially the slide. We need to put 5 in the room. My 14 yo gets the daybed and I believe the daybed is bigger at the YC.

jefmblrd
06-03-2007, 12:03 PM
We are DVC members at the Beach Club, so we haven't stayed at either place. The only comment I can make is that the BW has a much more lively atmosphere to it. We walked over there after Epcot closed one night, and the place was hopping. It was really fun. The YC seems to have a much more relaxed atmosphere. Just an outside observation, so take it for what it's worth.

DizneyRox
06-03-2007, 12:14 PM
BW can be pretty noisy. We were there, on like the 4th floor overlooking the little "green" area. They set up a stage and had a concert there that night. It wasn't an everynight event by any means, but it wasn't quiet either, and the spotlights, etc were a little over the top.

That said, I like the BW better than YC. YC always seemed a little stuffy for my tastes.

kgoulash
06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
another vote for the yc
i've never stayed at the bw but i've been there on nights when jellyrolls gets loud

Maleficent's Dad
06-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I've stayed in the BW numerous times (but admittedly, always on the villas side). We've had BW views and have never had a problem with noise at night. And I say this as a person who almost always travels during busy times and with 2 young children. Noise has never been a factor.

That being said, both resorts are GREAT. You will have SAB if you go YC. You will essentially have "access" to the same things at both resorts - evening entertainment, proximity & location, deluxe resort...

You really can't make a bad choice! :mickey:

iceicebritney
06-06-2007, 09:51 PM
yacht club definetly. better pool (both beach club and yacht club pools are enormous) and also better restaurants. we also really like the fact that everything is connected to the yacht club and beach club... you dont have to walk outside much to get to the restaurants, the pool, etc. at boardwalk everything is outside of the hotel section... plus it gets loud at nite if you have a room with a lake or pool view.