PDA

View Full Version : Lunch on Day 1

Vinny
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
I will be going down to WDW this Saturday morning on a 7:45 AM flight. By the time the plane flies down and we pick up the rental car it is already time for lunch. It is just my father and me for this trip (both are not picky eaters) and we usually stop at a restaurant just off Disney property to have lunch before heading to the resort. We also like to go to the parks on the first day and have decided that this time we will have lunch there. I would appreciate any tips or any info anyone can provide regarding a good place for lunch in the parks on the first day. Thanks in advance for posting.

Kairi_7378
05-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I would go to Animal Kingdom upon arrival. Get a fast pass for Expedition Everest, then have some lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. The AK is small enough that you can tour it in an afternoon while still appreciating it. You can always park hop somewhere else when you are done!

MsMin
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
On my late days I like to start @ EPCOT there are so many great places for lunch there. Are you on the ddp and want CS or a nice lunch in at a sit down place??

biodtl
05-31-2007, 07:45 AM
We always start our trips at MK and we usually get there hungry, so we stop at Casey's for hot dogs (since it's one of the first things you come to and also we love it).

Vinny
05-31-2007, 08:50 AM
We always start our trips at MK and we usually get there hungry, so we stop at Casey's for hot dogs (since it's one of the first things you come to and also we love it).

Casey's is one of my favorite places to eat also at MK along with the Columbia Harbor House.

Are you on the ddp and want CS or a nice lunch in at a sit down place??

We are not on the DDP for this trip, just looking for a good CS restaurant for lunch on the first day. :mickey:

crazypoohbear
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
AK- Flame tree or tusker house
MK - Peco's bills or Starlight Ray's
Epcot - Mexico, any other countries walk up.food pavillion near Soarin' (can't think of the name)
DTD - Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Pucks Cafe
MGM - last resort ABC commisary.

Mikey Piano 23
05-31-2007, 02:40 PM
I agree with the poster that mentioned Epcot. There are about 100 different places to eat there. My girlfriend and I really enjoy the sushi place. Sushi is a good lunch food in the hot Florida sun. Have a great trip! :thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
If I was not on the dining plan and had no kids with me...hmmm...let me see. It depends on the park you are going to first. I don't find a decent CS spot in MK. I might try the taco place across from Pirates (can't remember the name). We are going to try that next. Or, in Epcot, Sunshine Seasons has some great offerings. Have a great time with your Dad!

ElenitaB
05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
We usually catch a flight at a similar time as the OP's, and schedule a late lunch (say 1:30) at Crystal Palace. By then, we certainly do have a rumbly in our tumbly.

This has become our first day tradition!

Vinny
05-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks again for all the replies everyone. I have narrowed it down between picking one of the CS restaurants around world showcase lagoon or heading to MK first for Casey's. Also looking forward to the 2 dinner ADR's that I have booked at Cape May and 'Ohana. It will be our first time at both of them. Can't wait to get there!!
:rocks: :thanks: