DD#3 (Emily) 4

Resort:

Pop Century
50's Section
Building 2
Room 2159

Trip Dates:

May 20th through May 26th, 2007

After we returned from the pool and had showers, we went to catch a bus back to Magic Kingdom. Once again ther was only a minute's wait until the bus pulled up. We crossed over to the monorail station and boarded the resort monorail for the Grand Floridian. We had a 5:30 ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe. This would be our first time eating at this restaurant, and it definitely will not be the last! Everything was delicious and the service was terrific! Both girls wound up ordering from the kids menu, for Ashleigh it was the waiters mistake, but that was fine. The girls both had a very generous serving of Chicken Noodle soup for an appetizer, grilled chicken with rice and broccoli, and vanilla ice cream for dessert! Ron had the land and Sea, while I enjoyed the prime rib, both came with asparagus and red mashed potatoes! All very tasty, and our waiter Chris, was one of the best we've ever had. I also loved the raisin bread that came with the dinner rolls, yummy!

The plan was to leave the Grand Floridian and head back into the Magic Kingdom, but both Ashleigh and Ron were hoping to hit Downtown Disney. We compromised! We did take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and got to ride in the front! This was Ron's first time riding up there. Once back in Magic Kingdom, we boarded the train and got off in Toontown. I checked on the character lines in the Hall of fame, but they were way too long. Emily wanted to see Minnie's House as well as Mickey's House. Ashleigh then took her on the Barnstormer, and we made our way out of the park. Since the boat to the Poly and GF was waiting, we decided to hop on that and catch a bus to DTD from the Grand Floridian. Yet again, the bus was just pulling up as we were getting to the stop. Emily fell asleep on the way over, so while Ron held her, I went to rent a stroller at Guest Relations. We plopped in her down in it and we didn't hear a peep from her. Ron didn't find what he was looking for here, but I managed to get some minor shopping done at the World of Disney and got my AP discount! Not bad! We decided to call it a night, and returned Emily's stroller and still carrying her all the way to the bus, getting on the bus, and carrying her to the room, she did not wake. We laid her down in bed, removed her shoes, and she stayed out for the night. Once again, we watched a bit of TV, I wrote some more notes and it was lights out!

Day 3 soon to come!

MR.MIKE
05-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Great luck with those buses..i hope that continues for you. I've been thinking about trying the GF cafe on our trip this august..you might have convinced me.
And what a day your daughter must have had to go through all of that and not wake up. Im always afraid that once you lay them on the bed they open their eyes and then are awake for hours!! Looking forward to more!

princessgirls
05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Great day Heather!

Don't you love it when your kids are "Disney tired".

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm tired reading about it;)
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

lauralemm
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
See the lovebugs?

We are considering a trip next May and need to go after the third Saturday because of DD's dance recital, but are concerned about the bugs! :D

Beach Club Babe
05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
See the lovebugs?

We are considering a trip next May and need to go after the third Saturday because of DD's dance recital, but are concerned about the bugs! :D

I'm not sure if they ar "lovebugs", but we sure did see a lot of odd looking bugs! They were everywhere. They were more annoying than anything, they didn't bite, but they were just everywhere.

offwego
05-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Great luck with the busses. Glad that's working out ok.

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 02:58 PM
What luck you had with Emily sleeping through all those transitions - we always have the opposite effect!

pogo
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
I love the rides up front on the Monorail. :thumbsup:

Another wonderfull day. :D

KylesMom
06-01-2007, 01:36 PM
still carrying her all the way to the bus, getting on the bus, and carrying her to the room, she did not wake. We laid her down in bed, removed her shoes, and she stayed out for teh night. Ah yes . . . those are the times you REALLY wish you had your own stroller with, huh? :blush:

Glad your experience at GFC was a good one. Keep these reports comin'! :mickey:

Momof2boys
06-01-2007, 01:59 PM
We've always talked about trying the GF Cafe but have never gotten around to it . . . your experience there makes me want to try harder to get there.

Riding in the front of the monorail is definately the way to go . . . last trip our "pilot" took a picture of us when another monorail was approaching -- it's become a family favorite photo.

Can't wait to read more . . . great trip so far & happy to read that the sickness hasn't returned.

ChipnDaleGal
06-02-2007, 07:05 AM
After Emily's big day of adventure in the Magic Kingdom I am not surprised she ran out of steam. "Disney Tired" is certainly a catagory of its own. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

T-Belle
06-02-2007, 10:11 AM
You really were lucky with the buses. The Grand Floridan Cafe sounds yummy!

ElenitaB
06-03-2007, 04:05 AM
Thanks for sharing. The GF Café is making its way onto our "must try" places.

Isn't if funny how we can always manage to do a "little shopping" at WoD? ;)

faline
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Emily must have been really, really tired!

The Grand Floridian is one of my favorite breakfast and lunch spots. I've never tried it for dinner.

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Your dinner sounds wonderful, have never eaten at the Grand Floridian, might have to try at some point.

:mickey:

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I also have never eaten at the GF cafe, but you make it sound really good. It will go on my list of must try resturants.

January-2007
06-16-2007, 04:35 PM
We are also fans of the Grand Floridian Cafe, we went there on our Honeymoon and had the best time. Thanks for reporting!

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:48 AM
thanks!

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a great end to the day. Thanks for sharing.

#1disneyfan
06-17-2007, 10:53 PM
What great luck you have been having with the buses!

Sounds like a great day and tiring for Emily!

Thanks for sharing!