PDA

View Full Version : WDW Trip Write-Up: Blizzard Beach

Mandalorian30
05-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Hello everyone!

I recently took a trip to WDW at the end of March. Upon returning, I wrote up several write-ups about my experiences. I will be posting each individual write-up for you all to read! I really hope you all enjoy! Thanks for taking the time to check them all out!

Blizzard Beach

Aside from the four main theme parks, Disney World is also home to two water parks. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are Disney’s answer to that hot, Florida weather.

I had never gotten a chance to make a trip to one of the Disney water parks until this trip. Christina, being the fish that she is, made sure that we hit up one of the Water Parks. I agreed, and after looking into the both of them, we decided to pay a visit to Blizzard Beach.

Blizzard Beach is similar to most big water parks, but with that wonderful Disney Twist. Instead of just being a park full of slides and pools, this park is cleverly themed to look like a ski resort. All of the shops and restaurants look like log cabins. There is fake snow all over the place. There is Christmas Music playing on the speakers! And to top it off, the largest slide in the park, The Slush Gusher is made to look like a huge ski slope at the top of a mountain! You can even ride a ski lift to get up to it instead of walking up the stairs!

The Slush Gusher is one intimidating water slide, I must say. In fact, from standing up top we were able to see Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Disney-MGM Studios! It is a whopping 90 ft tall and 250 long! The slide looks to go almost straight down. When you get up to the top of this, you can feel the butterflies in your stomach as you watch people getting on the slide, seeming to just disappear as they go over the edge. You are instructed to lie back at all times and keep your arms and feet crossed. It is intense! As you’re going down this slide, it feels as though you’re free falling. You seem to skim all the way down, not even touching the slide at the steepest points. It is a huge rush! You are meet at the end of the slide by a monster wedgie, and a speedometer that tells you how fast you go. At first, I thought it was telling you the speed in MPH, but after a bit of research I found out it’s actually in KM/H. That makes a little more sense, seeing how high some of those numbers were. People were averaging about 55 KM/H. Some were breaking 65 KM/H! According to the information I got on the slide, it’s capable of speeds up to 75 KM/H! That’s 35 MPH…fast for just a human body going down a water slide!

The park is full of several other great slides. On top of the mountain, there are two more slides. One is similar to the Slush Gusher, but it is a bit shorter and has hills in it as opposed to being straight down. The hills make for a wild ride, as you swear you get airborne when you fly over them! There is also a huge slide at the top that uses giant inner tubes that can seat up to 6 people at a time! This one was also a lot of fun, especially with only the two of us in the giant tube! There are also a variety of “toboggan” slides, in which you go down stomach first on a mat that is shaped like a toboggan sled. And, of course, there are a few different inner tube slides, including slides for double inner tubes.

Blizzard Beach also includes two attractions that seem to be water park staples these days: the wave pool and the lazy river. Both seem very similar to any that you’d see at other various water parks, but it’s always nice to take a nice, slow trip around the lazy river to give your feet a break from climbing all of those stairs to the slides!

Our trip to Blizzard Beach was very enjoyable. If you have enough spare time on your Disney Trip, I’d recommend checking it out. It’s a great way to keep cool in that hot Florida weather, and to do something you wouldn’t expect to do: ski Disney!

Click here to view my Blizzard Beach photo album! (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/Mandalorian30/Blizzard%20Beach/)

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 05:07 AM
I've never been to any of the water parks and now I feel like I have:thumbsup:Thanks for sharing:mickey:

pogo
05-31-2007, 07:29 AM
I've never been to any of the water parks and now I feel like I have:thumbsup:Thanks for sharing:mickey:
Me neither. Maybe we'll have to meet up and go together. You, Mike, Patti and I.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the report. :D

Mandalorian30
05-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Glad you guys liked it!

It took 4 trips before i visited a water park. My gf LOVES anything to do with water. she's like a fish. so, she insisted we visit one while we were there. I'm glad we did! We had a blast!

Mandalorian30
06-01-2007, 01:09 AM
My photo album from BB has been added to the end of my report! :)

faline
06-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't think you'd ever get me on that large water slide! The lazy river is more my speed!