PDA

View Full Version : Ohana or Breakfastasauraus?

daisyhead
05-30-2007, 05:23 PM
I am making plans for our last morning. We will have a rental car, will check out, and then head to breakfast somewhere...

Which is the better choice here...

Leave AKL and drive to AK and have breakfast at Breakfastasaurus. (How close is AK to the AKL? Is it a quick drive?)

OR

Leave AKL, drive to TTC to hop on the monorail for one last ride, get off at the Polynesian for breakfast at Ohana, then ride the monorail back to our car and head to the airport. (I know this is silly, cause we could just drive to the Poly, but, one last ride on the monorail is important for our 4 year old..okay, to mom and dad, too. :)

Which restaraunt has better character interaction? Which one has better food?

crazypoohbear
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
I haven't had breakfast at Ohana's but I have eaten at Restaurantosaurus.
I would vote for Ohana.
Restaurantosaurus is like eating at McDonald's.
The food was not good, we were rushed and the service was not great.
The characters were good but that was it.
At the time my then 8 year old even thought it was a waste of time and the food wasn't' good.

tiaramom
05-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Please Please beware - or what ever that name is in ak breakfast- Its terrible!
The Donalds breakfast was horrible-
ANd I love all the restaurants in Disney
Go to Ohana
Its very Good!
It truley is budget and character interaction isnt good at all- its rushed- and it wasnt even busy when we went!

Ohana is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BelleBeauty
05-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I thought Donald's breakfast was ok. Not something I would want to be my last "thing" at WDW. Not sure if you will be going before or after it moves toTusker House. I would be wary of it for a little after it moves, give them times to get the kinks out of it. Hopefully the move will improve the quality.

If you are staying in AKL, I vote for Ohana's since it will be a different environment all together. You will get the last monorail ride, be close to the MK, etc. This is what I usually try for for a last day experience.

KAT1811
05-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Leave AKL, drive to TTC to hop on the monorail for one last ride, get off at the Polynesian for breakfast at Ohana, then ride the monorail back to our car and head to the airport. (I know this is silly, cause we could just drive to the Poly, but, one last ride on the monorail is important for our 4 year old..okay, to mom and dad, too. :)

Fabulous plan. O'hana gets my vote!!! Try to get the first car on the monerail. If you do aske the "driver" for passes for the kids. They give them honorary monerail driver passes that are really cute for them and great for the memories. Have a great trip!!!

tinksmom02
05-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Go to Ohanas, it sounds like a much better way to end your vacation! We visited in 2004, pre-Stitch, and I remember the food was great and the character interaction and general atmosphere was very fun for DD (and us, too!)!

Kairi_7378
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Ohana's... that would be a very special way to end your trip at the beautiful Poly! Everyone that I know with kids has enjoyed the meals at the Poly very much.

dtootsie42
05-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Ohana's gets my vote. It would be a terrific way to end your trip.

disneydrmr
05-31-2007, 09:18 AM
I've eaten at both and my vote is for Ohana! Better character interaction and MUCH better food!

Mom2princesses
05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
I have not eaten (yet) at Restaurantosaurus I have an ADR for that one this year but now I am second guessing because of some of the reviews I have been seeing. I would love to see Donald!

The breakfast at 'Ohana is wonderful and we make that our last "taste" of Disney whenever we go. We will be going our last day on our upcoming trip. The breakfast is family style and good. Not going to another buffet is good for us. The character interaction is wonderful. One last ride on the monorail would be fun too! So I say go to 'Ohana and have a great breakfast. You'll see Stich and I also think Mickey this there as well with a few other characters. Aloha! :lei:

daisyhead
05-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for making this an easy decision...Ohana it is! I am excited to see the Poly and Stitch! I really appreciate all of your help.

Mickey'sGirl
05-31-2007, 01:55 PM
We always try to go to breakfast at 'Ohana on our last day. It is fabulous fun, very good food and a nice way to end off a vacation. Breakfastsaurus is anything but that in my opinion.
:stitch: :mickey: :pluto:

Nicki'sMom
05-31-2007, 03:28 PM
We are doing Ohana on our last day too. I didn't even think about parking at the TTC and riding the monorail one last time. Brilliant! My daughter will love that. Thanks:mickey: