PDA

View Full Version : Checking in a Pop (late?)

daisyhead
05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
We are leaving tomorrow...and all of those little last minute details are hitting me. Are rooms assigned based on arrival? I am just wondering because we wont get there until 10pm or so, and I am guessing this means we will be FAR out in a far away building...is this how it works?

TammiMcMan
05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Unless there's some type of medical block on the room, even if they are pre-assigned, all that can change based on what time you check-in. Unfortunately, it's been our experience that the later you arrive, the slimmer the pickings. If it's truly terrible, you can ask about being switched to another room the following day. The bright side, you'll be first in line for pick of rooms at that point :thumbsup:.

BelleBeauty
05-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Last August we stayed at POP. We usually fly in late and arrive at the resort around midnight. I requested 50's building with "Epcot view" and even though we checked in late, during the summer crowds, we still got exactly what we asked for.

Unfortunately, even that late there are check-in crowds and I've usually had to wait at least 20-25 minutes to check-in.

Mrs Grumpy
05-30-2007, 07:26 PM
We checked in last September after 1:00 AM thanks to lots of flight delays. Our room request were King bed and non-smoking. We ended up in the 50's building, building one bottom floor. It was right next to the main building! We didn't even pay for a preferred room.

RockChalkKimball
05-30-2007, 09:34 PM
We arrived after 11:00 pm. I had faxed a request asking to be somewhere close to the main building, so I didn't have to wander all over looking for my room late at night. It was just me and DS and it was our first time at POP. We got a great room in the 70's building and it was a short, straight walk from the main building. Might be too late now, but it might be worth a phone call.