PDA

View Full Version : Last week at Coral Reef

Lynn J Mc
05-30-2007, 04:23 PM
We ate at Coral Reef last Tuesday at 6:15. Party of 4 adults, 1 child. We waited about 10 minutes past our scheduled time for a table. Were in one of the higher tiers. Had a very busy waitress. The crab soup was to die for as was the chocolate wave. The entrees weren't bad. My shrimp pasta was loaded with shrimp. My sister had the blackened catfish but it was too hot and spicy for her. My parents split the pork chops and enjoyed them. The crab claw appetizer and beef and shrimp appetizer were deemed too skimpy if we had paid for them without the DP. Overall, we'll probably go back but won't sweat it if we miss it.

ElenitaB
05-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks for sharing. Even though we sat in the top tier, CR is definitely on our "go back to" list. And you're right, the creamy lobster soup is "to die for." :tasty:

Glad to hear that nasty crab souffle is off the menu!

dyin tago
05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
we booked coral reef for our september visit. wife wants to try the catfish but she cannot tolerate spicy foods.we never realized that the blackened catfish was spicy.

Mickey91
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
we booked coral reef for our september visit. wife wants to try the catfish but she cannot tolerate spicy foods.we never realized that the blackened catfish was spicy.
I can't eat spicy either. Just remember a rule of thumb. If it is called Blackened it is probably spicy. I would at least ask your waiter/waitress before ordering. This goes for any entree. You may could call ahead 24 hrs and ask if they could leave some of the spices out.