PDA

View Full Version : Our Go with the Flow Weekend - Day 2 May 27th

MissStyles
05-30-2007, 03:52 PM
I awoke at 6:45 am and could not get back to sleep. I was too excited for the day ahead
of me!:minnie: I got up around 7:30 and went for a walk around the resort. I walked the .75
mile loop twice. It was gorgeous out. There were other people running and walking the
trail as well. I was ready to really start the day once I got back. Shortly after my arrival
back Bob was up and getting ready. We decided on MGM and arrived right when the
park opened. The first order of business was to get Tower of Terror fast passes. The
second order of business – breakfast! I got a croissant and Bob chose a chocolate
croissant and a banana from Starring Rolls. We ate outside on a bench near the big hat. It was nice
and relaxing. I realized at that point that Bob had never been on Star Tours so we
headed in that direction. There wasn’t any wait and we boarded right away. I had
memories of waiting in the long queue in the late 80’s. Bob got a kick out of Pee Wee
Herman being the voice for the robot guy who flew our ship, I can’t remember his
name! After an amusing ride we went to use our fast passes. We got to skip a huge
line in the boiler room because they needed 2 people and none of the groups ahead
of us had one. Our sequence was fabulous, I’m so glad they switch it up for veterans
of the ride. After TOT we went and got fast passes for Rock and Rollercoaster. We
had some time to kill before Lights Motors Action so we decided to do The Great
Movie Ride. We really want to rent Footlight Parade after seeing the clips and the
scene. It looks interesting! After our ride it was time for the show. I always get a kick
out of it. The cars are so funny. Bob enjoyed as it was his first time. I love the
remote control car part (especially with a first timer ;) ) After the show we used our fast
passes for RnR. We were in the back which was awesome, especially in the beginning
because it feels like you’re really being pulled. We then decided to go to EPCOT
for lunch at the Seasons and to attempt to get Soarin’ fast passes. Well…it’s a good
thing we didn’t have our heart set on either of those 2 things because A) the food court
was insane as in wall to wall people and B) the fast passes were gone for the day. We
basically said Hakuna Matata maybe another day and hit up Club Cool before heading
back to the hotel. We went to the food court for lunch instead. I wasn’t that hungry
so I got a side salad (which turned out to be huge) and Bob had a pizza which they
make to order. I tried a bite and it was delicious. It inspired my craving for dinner
later that evening. We got back to the room after 3. I knew I needed a nap if I wanted
to be up for extra magic hours that evening in the MK. So Bob went out on a hammock
for a couple of hours and read while I slept. I woke up raring to go once again! Bob
really enjoyed his afternoon the hammock. I was happy because I knew he wanted to
be able to relax on this vacation even though we were in WDW. We met up at the pool
and swam, went on the slide and ended up once again in the glorious hot tub. When
we were at the pool I suggested Pizzeria Uno at the Crossroads for dinner. Bob thought
it was a great idea. I haven’t been able to get it since I lived in MA 2 years ago, and
his pizza for lunch looked really good. Luckily, he’ll eat pizza for breakfast lunch and
dinner so he was looking forward to it as much as I was. Around 6:30 we went back
to the room and showered and watched Dateline. I loved the fact that we weren’t in
any particular rush to go anywhere. We left at 8 for dinner and shared a tasty deep
dish spinoccoli pizza. We brought half back to the room because it was really a lot. We
decided to take the bus to MK because it’s much easier than driving to the TTC. A bus
pulled right up as we came out of our room and we were entering the park shortly after
10:00 pm. We both were charged up after our relaxing afternoon and dinner. We got
our wrist bands and started walking down Main Street and ended up in Adventureland
for Pirates. The wait was not bad at all…only about 10 minutes. Next we did Thunder
Mountain, which also did not have a bad wait. We got the front car, I used to think
it was too slow in the front, but it was fun this time! Next we did Haunted Mansion
which is always better at night for some reason.:bat: We wandered our way through
Fantasyland in to Tomorrowland which is my favorite land especially at night. Our
Mission was to do Space Mountain and the TTA. We did the TTA first and attempted
Space, but the line didn’t seem to move and I figured, what if I have to go on the right?
I might as well just be content with my smooth ride from yesterday. So for an alternative
plan, we both got soft serve cones from Aunty Gravity’s. Yummmm yum!:tasty: Next we
leisurely walked down Main Street which is almost equally as cool as Tomorrowland
at night and ended up at the confectionary. Despite being stuffed we opted on a piece
of Rocky Road fudge to split. That fudge is heavy literally and the piece they give you
is huge. Needless to say we only ate half of it. No worries though, it will be finished later
on in the trip. We departed Magic Kingdom at 12:28 am and were in our room by 12:47 am. This is a feat for me seeing as I am usually asleep by 10:00 pm even on weekends. The magic of Disney I guess. :magic: Tomorrow…an extra relaxing morning at Coronado Springs.

Lorraine444
05-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow, did you accomplish alot!
Thanks for sharing....

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 03:45 AM
Tomorrowland is my favorite land too:mickey:Thanks for sharing. I'm getting hungry now:thumbsup::blush:

pogo
05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Another relaxing day at WDW. :cloud9: I'm loving it ! :thumbsup:

Keep them coming. :D

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Mmmmmm...I love Pizza Uno - you've got me craving it now!

bettie
06-01-2007, 06:37 PM
That's great that you got to have spinoccoli!!

I totally forgot about the pee wee factor in Star Tours. I say that the next ride with a pre-show that disney creates they need to combine all of those "big" people that appear in the rides... Pee Wee, Claire Huxtible, and of course, the woman in the Test Track pre-show.

I'm going to wait and read your day 3 report tomorrow. Something to look forward too!!

Thanks!! :mickey::number1:

little disney lovers
06-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Am going April/May next year. Good to hear about crowds! Also refreshing to hear someone who's not on a serious mission to do EVERYTHING! Have Fun!:thumbsup:

faline
06-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Wow! That's my kind of day! A great mixture of park time and relazation!

Christine
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I agree... HM is more fun at night! :hmghost:

January-2007
06-07-2007, 05:49 PM
What a fun day! We closed the Magic Kingdom that night, it was amazing. Such great weather, wouldn't you say? Thanks for reporting!