PDA

View Full Version : Using Time Wisely

greene
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
My family and I will get to Disney on a Saturday and our first day in the park will be Sunday. We are staying through Thursday.....

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which order we go to the parks? I know that there are statistics somewhere about this but I just don't know where. :confused:

TikiGoddess
05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
It depends on a couple of factors:

1. What dates will you be at WDW?
2. Are you staying at a Disney hotel?
3. Do you mind getting up early in the morning, or staying up late in the evening?
4. Who is in your party?

Answer me these and I'll give you some recommendations as to parks...

There's some other pages you can look at -- I can PM (private message) them to you if you'd like.

:)
TikiG

greene
05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
It depends on a couple of factors:

1. What dates will you be at WDW?
2. Are you staying at a Disney hotel?
3. Do you mind getting up early in the morning, or staying up late in the evening?
4. Who is in your party?

Answer me these and I'll give you some recommendations as to parks...

There's some other pages you can look at -- I can PM (private message) them to you if you'd like.

:)
TikiG

O.K. #1 We will be at Disney the second week in June.
#2 We are staying at a Disney hotel.
#3 We really don't want to get up at like 6:00 but 7:00 or 7:30 isn't outrageous. Staying up late dosn't bother us if we are having fun!
#4 There are 4 of us 2 adults and 2 children, ages 9 & 5.

I'll take any advice I can get... we know we are going at a busy time but we really want to get the most out of our vacation. So if you want to pm me that would be fine.

ginny57
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
If it were me, I'd avoid the park that opens for EMH unless I plan to take advantage of the early opening. Break up the day with an early afternoon break for a swim and then spend the evening in the park that has the extra hours.

Of course, take advantage of fast pass to make the best use of your time.

HAVE A BLAST!!!

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Since you don't want to get up until 7 or 7:30 (I don't blame you), you won't make it to the early EMH. So I would plan on avoiding the park that is having EMH that day. Get there at opening and do as much as you can in the morning. If you did not purchase park hopper passes, you'll be only going to one park each day, so make sure you check the schedules so you don't miss out on any night time entertainment that you wanted to see. Check here on Intercot's Info Central section for all the schedules. Have fun!:mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-31-2007, 10:36 PM
I would avoid morning EMH parks and try to get to parks at opening (9am). The first couple of hours at a park are a GREAT time to beat the crowds and the hot weather. Take a break in the middle of the day -- whether it be going back to the hotel, having a quiet lunch, or taking a nap in the Hall of Presidents :). Then return to the parks in the late afternoon and enjoy the evening/nighttime activities! Evening EMH sounds like a possibility for you, but... my experience is that EMH is crowded for the first 2 hrs and then the crowds thin considerably. If you can stay up that late (and not be beat the next day), go for it! There's plenty of threads discussing this in the theme parks forum if you'd like to hear all sides.

Park hours:
MK: 9am-11pm (EMH until 2am)
Epcot: 9am-9pm (EMH until 12mid)
Studios: 9am-10pm (EMH until 1am)
AK: 9am-8pm (EMH until 11pm)

Sun, 10 Jun '07
EMH Morning: Epcot
EMH Evening: MK

Mon, 11 Jun '07 (Mondays are very busy at MK)
EMH Morning: Studios
EMH Evening: AK

Tue, 12 Jun '07
EMH Morning: MK
EMH Evening: Epcot

Wed, 13 Jun '07
EMH Morning: AK
EMH Evening: Studios

Thu, 14 Jun '07
EMH Morning: MK
EMH Evening: Epcot

Here's what the Unofficial Guide says for your dates:
Date - Crowd level (out of 10) - Best park(s) - Worst parks
Sun, 10 Jun '07 9 AK, MK EP
Mon, 11 Jun '07 9 MK EP, DS AK
Tue, 12 Jun '07 8 DS AK, MK EP
Wed, 13 Jun '07 8 EP, DS AK
Thu, 14 Jun '07 9 AK, MK EP

I would recommend using your park hopper option if you have it -- say, go to the MK on Sunday and then hop over to another park (perhaps Epcot for Illuminations) at night to avoid the EMH madness.

Hope that helps! Let us know what you decide!
TikiG

greene
05-31-2007, 11:43 PM
WOW! Thank you Tikigoddess! I can't tell you how awesome all that info is! I'll let you know how the trip goes!