PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fish Cafe

May524
05-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Greetings!!!
We just made ADR's for our party of 11 for the Flying Fish Cafe for our vacation next week! They mentioned the attire, specifically no t-shirts. Can anyone comment on this? Are they very strict about it? We will have 3 kids with us (1, 4, 8). Any input would be appreciated!! Thank You :mickey:

dixielandings
05-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Flying Fish is comparable to California Grill - kind of upscale, decidedly un-Disney. I doubt they'll be too concerned with what the kids are wearing but the adults should definitely stick to business casual attire. Where are you staying? It helps if you're close enough to get to your resort and change if you're going to be in the Parks that day.

dlpmikki
05-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I am not sure it is a place that the kids would really enjoy. The food is very upscale and probably not to kids tastes. It is also very expensive so are you really sure you want to take kids there?

May524
05-30-2007, 05:08 PM
We are staying at OKW. I have no problem wearing a casual skirt and top to dinner, However, I am unsure if the others in our party are willing to dress up for it. We made it for the whole party, but I may ask my sisters if they want to take their children there.

Tinkerbellfan
05-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi,

First, The Flying Fish Cafe is one of our favorite WDW restaurants. In fact, it is on our "must eat at" restaurant for every one of our trips. It truly is a great dining experience.

My boyfriend has dined there several times in shorts and a polo shirt. I wouldn't consider it "very dressy" at all. Women can't we tank tops and men can't we t-shirts. But, you can wear shorts, nicer sandles and polos.

I would recommend it. It is right on the boardwalk so if the kids get bored, the adults can take turns walking on the boardwalk. Several of the nights we were there, jugglers and other performers were performing!

Enjoy!

Kate In Wonderland
05-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Really? Hmm...I could have sworn that my husband was wearing a t-shirt and shorts when we ate there a few years ago. Well I know he definitely wasn't as dressed up as he was when we at at Cali Grill. He looked mighty handsome that night! :) Is the dress code a new rule at the Flying Fish?

Well I'm sure if you don't go in there wearing just swimsuits and flip-flops you'll probably be fine! :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
05-30-2007, 08:35 PM
KateinWonderland, I'd say in the last 2 years or so Disney has put a dress code in place for the signature restaurants.

It's not so much dressy as just a little neater. Here's the tab from info central Disney Dining Dress Codes (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp)

Maleficent's Dad
05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Party of 11? I wouldn't want to take the bill on that one! ;)

Great restaurant. Great atmosphere for an upscale place. My kids did it and liked it, although adimittedly, they'd prefer other places.

It's a fun, upscale restaurant. Dress neatly and you should be fine. I'd avoid all manner of tee-shirts for the adults. Kids should be fine in most any attire.

I wouldn't cancel unless the majority of your party is opposed to the place. Really nice dining experience, great location, great atmosphere. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
05-31-2007, 08:56 AM
My wife and I just tried the Flying Fish for the first time last week. It is incredible!

They actually were enforcing the dress code, but I had trouble telling if it was because the cast member who was serving as hostess was a little zealous as she was "earning her ears" or if it was routine procedure.

For most of the signature restaurants, and we ate at Citricos and Artist Point last week also, they didn't appear to be strictly adhering to the policy.

Kate In Wonderland
05-31-2007, 06:29 PM
KateinWonderland, I'd say in the last 2 years or so Disney has put a dress code in place for the signature restaurants.

It's not so much dressy as just a little neater. Here's the tab from info central Disney Dining Dress Codes (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp)

Thanks Christine! That's good to know. When we were there, it was our anniversary 6 years ago. That's probably why!