PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Seating [Merged Threads]

Carol
05-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Gang -

We have a trip planned this summer. Donna called yesterday about the Fantasmic! balcony seats and was told they no longer offer this option.

Apparently, now you can reserve seating on the ground on the River of America. They do not offer a dessert buffet - but instead each guest is given a dessert box that contains three desserts.

Anyone have experience with this area? You actually sit on the ground?

Thanks. :smickey:

Melanie
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Donna called yesterday about the Fantasmic! balcony seats and was told they no longer offer this option.

HUH? No way!

I know there were two options available before, one being the balcony and the other sounding like what you described (with boxed desserts), although not actually sitting on the ground, but in chairs. I think it was off to the side a bit, and I'd seen where some said the view wasn't that great.

If they've done away with the balcony seating, I'm sure glad I got to do it a couple of times. That's too bad. :(

Mufasa
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Gang -

We have a trip planned this summer. Donna called yesterday about the Fantasmic! balcony seats and was told they no longer offer this option.

Apparently, now you can reserve seating on the ground on the River of America. They do not offer a dessert buffet - but instead each guest is given a dessert box that contains three desserts.

Anyone have experience with this area? You actually sit on the ground?

Thanks. :smickey:

They've been doing some construction in both the Disney Gallery and Club 33 which probably is why the Fantasmic balcony seats have been closed indefinitely.

The Premium Riverside seating is in an area over towards the Haunted Mansion side of the Riverfront (if you can picture where the dock for the rafts to the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island depart from) on a somewhat elevated platform with chairs, oh about 20 feet I'd say from the riverside (If I remember correctly, I think it's right near the far left light tower that comes up for Fantasmic if that helps). They do the seating on a first come/first-serve basis before the show (not based on when you purchased your tickets) so you would still want to show up early to claim your spot.

You get a drink and also the dessert box which would contain things like an assortment of cookies, some chocolate covered strawberries and usually something like a Mickey-shaped Rice Krispy treat.

Lucille
05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear this!! I was hoping to have the balcony seating in September.

Chescat
05-30-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm going on Friday with Varcity, so I'l try to get a picture of that area so people can see. (Ugh! Still haven't gotten my pirate lair pictures up yet). :secret:

When does Fantasmic start up again? The Mark Twain was in dry dock last week all covered up. :confused:

Carol
06-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks, Everyone. We're going to go ahead and book it. Anything is better than waiting forever. :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Yes, thanks for the information. We were hoping our kids could have that balcony experience that we so enjoyed last November, but this sounds fun too. Thanks for all the details Mufasa! :mickey:

Carol
06-01-2007, 08:31 AM
When does Fantasmic start up again? The Mark Twain was in dry dock last week all covered up. :confused:It's supposed to start again on the 15th of this month. :smickey:

NotaGeek
06-01-2007, 12:01 PM
UGH! What a disappointment! I am glad I got to do it the 1 time I did. I wasn't impressed with the ground seating because you don't get a view from the the front, it's WAY to the side. :(

BklynChick
06-01-2007, 10:40 PM
AAARGH!!!:mad:

I was planning on booking the gallery seats for the October trip. Maybe the "indefinite" closure will be over by the time I have to call to reserve.

One question for those that have done the Premium Riverside seating: how early is "show up early to claim your spot"? An hour before?

Mufasa
06-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Haven't had a lot of time lately but wanted to post a quick update- the Fantasmic Dessert balcony is available for bookings again. If you've already reserved a spot for the riverside seating and space is available in the balcony, you can call and they will transfer your reservation.

The first few days of performances of Fantasmic when it returns up until the 19th should be interesting for those familiar with the show as it will feature the alternate finale staged on Tom Sawyer Island (since the Mark Twain Riverboat will still be under refurbishment).

Chescat
06-10-2007, 02:48 AM
I finally got my pictures done that showed the riverside viewing. Or at least that's what they told me. Mufasa can confirm (in case I was mistaken!).

Full Shot of Area (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/Disneyland/FantasmicSeating1.jpg)

Close Up Shot of Area (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/Disneyland/FantasmicSeating2.jpg)

Tink&Goofy
06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm so excited that this is available again! We are taking my Mom & stepdad to DL in August (my mom has NEVER been!). I really want to surprise them with the balcony/dessert buffet for Fantasmic! So how much does this cost - and how hard is it to get the reservations?

Jacky B
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
The last I heard the cost is $59 per person and you can call 30 days out from the date you want.

Lacy
06-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I too am glad to see that the balcony seating is being offered again. I wanted to try it on my trip in December. The only problem is convincing DH that a dessert buffet is worth $59. So my question is for people that have done it, is it worth it? What kind of desserts do they have? Is it like the Riverside seating where you still have to get there early?

Disneyluvr2
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
I think everyone should try the balcony seating at least once, Lacy. It's a great experience! They serve an assortment of cakes, pastries, cookies, fresh fruit and cheese and crackers. It's all quite good and the view is awesome! You'll feel like royalty waving to everyone down below! :prince::princess:

NotaGeek
06-14-2007, 02:02 AM
I think everyone should try the balcony seating at least once, Lacy. It's a great experience! They serve an assortment of cakes, pastries, cookies, fresh fruit and cheese and crackers. It's all quite good and the view is awesome! You'll feel like royalty waving to everyone down below! :prince::princess:

AMEN SISTER! It is the BEST cheese plate I have ever had! :mickey:

Carol
06-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Is it like the Riverside seating where you still have to get there early?No. Your seating is assigned according to when you booked.

Tink&Goofy
06-16-2007, 01:37 AM
I've heard that if you book for the first Fantasmic show, that you may be able to stick around on the balcony and watch the fireworks. Is this true? If so, that may help tip the scales toward forking out that much money!

NotaGeek
06-16-2007, 02:42 AM
I've heard that if you book for the first Fantasmic show, that you may be able to stick around on the balcony and watch the fireworks. Is this true? If so, that may help tip the scales toward forking out that much money!

Although you are indeed allowed to watch the fireworks from the balcony after Fantasmic!, IMHO the balcony is not a good view of the fireworks. You really need to be able to see both the Castle and the Matterhorn from Main Street or the Hub to get the full effects of the fireworks. There is very little time to get to Main Street from the balcony Fantasmic!, but, if you walk out to the rivers of America (say in front of, or ON Big Thunder, the view is GREAT because the fireworks are right above you!

Just watching Fantasmic! and tasting all the yummy desserts is reason to splurge on the seating!

Lizzie
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Anyone know if the riverside seating is cheaper than the balcony seating?

NotaGeek
06-20-2007, 01:45 PM
It is the same price, but the do offer a kid's price on the riverfront ... but IMHO the riverfront seating is not worth it because you aren't right in front of the stage show.

You can get exact pricing by calling Disney Dining at 714-781-3463 30 days prior to your desired reservation day. Seats are $59 for adults (I don't remember what the kids price is, sorry!), unless prices have gone up but if you call Disney they can fill you in. :mickey:

mjm12000
06-26-2007, 03:22 PM
The seating at the Rivers of America is awesome, I did it on my last trip. The view is amazing, unobstructed, plus you do sit in chairs and the desert was like a buffet, and they bring your drinks to you, and they will keep on bringing them too. There was so much food we took a few of the cookies and things with us afterward. It was so amazing!

Also you get to be the envy of thousands of people who can see you sitting there sipping hot cocoa and eating the best deserts I have ever had, in a roped off area with a great view... It totally rocks and is well worth the money.

Carol
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Score!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

We got the balcony for viewing Fantasmic at the end of the month.

ChipDale
07-02-2007, 02:41 PM
:chip: Woot! :dale:

Way to go, Carol & Donna! :thumbsup:

Mufasa
07-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Score!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

We got the balcony for viewing Fantasmic at the end of the month.

You might just be the last guests to view Fantasmic from the Disney Gallery balcony- after July 31st the Disney Gallery will be closing and so too will the Fantasmic Dessert Balcony.

Riverside seating will still be offered for Fantasmic.

Carol
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow.

I have turned this vacation over to fate. It seems to be forming much better on its own.

NotaGeek
07-09-2007, 06:27 PM
UGH. At least I got to do the balcony one time in my history! I just called and it's all sold out throught the end of July. Good bye to the best way to see Fantasmic! :sadwave:

ChipDale
07-10-2007, 11:21 AM
UGH. At least I got to do the balcony one time in my history! I just called and it's all sold out throught the end of July. Good bye to the best way to see Fantasmic! :sadwave:

Amen, Brother! Now I'm kicking myself for not doing it with Carol and Donna! :shake:

Chescat
07-12-2007, 08:40 PM
You might just be the last guests to view Fantasmic from the Disney Gallery balcony- after July 31st the Disney Gallery will be closing and so too will the Fantasmic Dessert Balcony.

Riverside seating will still be offered for Fantasmic.
I talked to the people in the Disney Gallery today. I thought it was only temporary. So its gone forever after July 31st. I always loved to sit on that balcony during the day and just watch all over the river. :cry::cry::cry:

The left side toward Tarzan's treehouse (which I was surprised was open today) is already boarded up. Ironic, I went there to pick up the Disney Gallery 20 year anniversary pin. :cool:

tinkwest
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
... after July 31st the Disney Gallery will be closing ...

Why? :(

Chescat
07-13-2007, 06:28 PM
The cast member at the gallery said that they are suppose to change the area into a Disney Experience. I have no idea what that means. :cool:

I asked about what would happen to all the stuff on sale. They said it would be spread around the park or already being sold at other stores. Still makes me so sad. :(

ChipDale
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
They're transforming the Gallery into a suite (like the Cinderella Suite in WDW's Magic Kingdom) for Year of a Million Dreams winners. :rolleyes:

:down: This is a horrible move on Disney's part. We're losing a quiet refuge from the crowds and a place to just enjoy some great artwork (not to mention the Fantasmic Balcony experience). I just wonder what these marketing dummies will come up with next. :rolleyes:

caldisney
07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree. This is really a dumb idea. The Disney Gallery and the balcony seating were so special to Disneyland.

I read that the reserved seating in front of Rivers of America is a first come basis rather than the order that your reservation was received. Does anyone know if your entire party has to check in at the same time, or can one person from your party save the seats for the group?

tinkwest
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
They're transforming the Gallery into a suite (like the Cinderella Suite in WDW's Magic Kingdom) for Year of a Million Dreams winners. :rolleyes:

:down: This is a horrible move on Disney's part. We're losing a quiet refuge from the crowds and a place to just enjoy some great artwork (not to mention the Fantasmic Balcony experience). I just wonder what these marketing dummies will come up with next. :rolleyes:

:noway: The Cinderella Suite @ WDW is one thing . . . the everyday park visitor did not lose anything with the introduction of this "dream". But why take away a popular visitor attraction and turn it into a only-for-a-few destination?? Our family always enjoyed the Disney Gallery. No matter whether the exhibit had changed recently or not we always found time to go in and look around. What a shame! :shake: :cry:

BklynChick
07-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I am very disappointed that, despite what looked like a temporary reprieve, the Fantasmic Balcony Priority Seating will no longer be available for my trip in mid October. So now the question becomes, do I go for the Riverside Priority Seating?

My concern is that unlike Balcony, where your seat was reserved for you based on when you called, the Riverside is listed on a "first come,first served" basis. How far in advance of the show will I need to get there to get a good seat? If it's an hour or more, I'm not sure if it is worth it since we will be sitting on the ground (and not the nice Balcony chairs).

Mufasa
07-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Riverside seating is not bad- generally I believe that they begin filling in the seats about an hour before showtime, or at least that's usually when guest relations recommends that you have your party together to check-in for the riverside seating area and so the CMs will also have time to distribute your snack box and drinks prior to showtime.

In the future there may be plans to offer an alternate balcony experience offered for Fantasmic, to be located over by the River Belle Terrace but not until some extensive rehab work has been completed to the area.

Still, it won't offer as nice of a centered viewing angle for the show as the Gallery balcony, but in the future Fantasmic will be overshadowed anyway by the future Wonderful World of Color lagoon show planned for DCA which is going to be incredible.

BklynChick
07-28-2007, 04:22 PM
One more question - where exactly do you check in for Riverside seating?

teamblackwell
07-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi all,
I'ts been 2 years since my last trip, but then the check-in location was just left of the roped off seating area. There was a CM standing at a podium, with a name-list of all reserved guests. As soon as you check-in with the CM, your given you seat assignment. On my trip, we got to the podium an hour before the show and was 9th in line.
See ya,
Teamblackwell