PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music - Broadway

mousaholic
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
My family is staying at All Star Music in Feb. 2008. Has anybody stayed at the Broadway buildings? How is it? We love all of the DIsney Broadway musicals and I was thinking of requesting this building. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

Christine
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
I stayed there in March. It is WAY back in the back. A good little trek to the food court and bus stop.

Here are a couple of pictures...I think there are three or four of them.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2900193300085605958waUGQu

SpecJoe Magic
05-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Keep in mind that the broadway buildings aren't themed to specific Disney broadway shows. The theme is a general broadway style that doesn't feature any specific shows.

mousaholic
05-30-2007, 07:12 AM
I stayed there in March. It is WAY back in the back. A good little trek to the food court and bus stop.

Here are a couple of pictures...I think there are three or four of them.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2900193300085605958waUGQu

Thanks for the pictures! Do you think that the building is worth requesting or would I be better off trying to get closer to the food court and main pool? I thought that the broadway buildings would be more heavily Disney on Broadway themed - do the buildings have good theming in your opinion?

Inkdrainer
05-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I stayed there in June of '06 last year! You'll love the resort, no matter what. We loved the building, but it was a VERY far walk from the buses. And after you've been at the parks all day, it's very tiring to walk just 10-15 minutes to get to your room. But I loved the theming, it was fabulous! It's also nearby a pool, but a far walk from the lobby/buses. :mickey:

Christine
05-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the pictures! Do you think that the building is worth requesting or would I be better off trying to get closer to the food court and main pool? I thought that the broadway buildings would be more heavily Disney on Broadway themed - do the buildings have good theming in your opinion?

I know if it were me to do all over again, I would pay for the preferred locations and be closer to the bus stops and food court. As for the theme, it's just the outside that is "dressed up" particularly for Broadway. You can always walk around the resort and take pictures of what you want.

snifflesmcg
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
I stayed in Broadway last year and I thought my room was adorable. I think you should do it! :thumbsup: It's isn't any further than County or Rock I don't think.

tyandskyesmom
05-30-2007, 12:07 PM
We were there a few years back and did not think it was too bad a walk to the food court or the buses. It was a straight walk back to our room and we loved the look of the front of the building.

I would not hesitate to request it again if we were staying at ASMu again!

lindique
05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I've stayed there too. It's usually considered a quiet area - not too many kids running around, so I liked it a lot. I didn't find the walk to be all that terrible. It was decorated as "Beauty and the Beast" on Broadway, from what I remember - but it was several years ago.

steamboat willy
05-30-2007, 09:34 PM
If you enjoy a Broadway Theme, stay in the theme of your liking. We Love ASM and plan on staying in Calypso late Sept early Oct, 2007. We walk around the resort and enjoy the nighttime lights of all the themed rooms, including Broadway. After walking around 4 parks, the walk around a resort is nothing. Stay, enjoy and make a memory. :magic: