PDA

View Full Version : ADR challenges

Suz36
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Besides Cinderella Castle, which restaurants have you had trouble getting ADRs at, even 180 days out?

tinksmom02
05-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, I've never booked 180 days out, but the restaurant I've had trouble booking the past 2 times was LeCellier. Could only get lunch both times (8pm dinner will not work w/DD), and our Sept trip, the only time that worked was 11:30 on our departure day. And I called just about 5 months prior--not 180 days, but pretty close.

Didn't have any problems with CRT in January, though. I booked that only about 6 weeks prior and had no problem picking my day and time. I hear that's not normal, though...

goofynmd
05-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Wispering Canyon! I so wanted to go there last trip. I actually had a reservation for a Friday night and then realized it was during lent. No sense going there if you can't eat meat! I tried to get a reservation for other nights during our trip and they were booked solid.

vamaggie
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM
We called to change an ADR at 172 days to get the Fantasmic dinner package and the only time we could get at Mama Melrose was 4:10 (took it BTW!) I called at 180 to get all the others and had no problem (but we eat dinner early-5:30ish) including LeCellier. If you can't get what you want when you call, keep trying back-folks change and cancel. I have even tried when after we checked in and were able to get in some places.

SBETigg
05-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I've always called as soon as possible and have never had a problem getting what I want, with the exception of the Fantasmic package at Brown Derby. I had to take an earlier time than I wanted, but it worked out for the best.

I call at 180 days out, but I don't wake up to call early. I wait until it's convenient for me. For the super popular restaurants, they will be easier to schedule if you plan to visit them later in your trip. You can book your whole trip up to ten days at your 180 day from first day of stay mark, so it is less likely that as many people are trying to get ADRs for the later days of your vacation at the same time.

Inkdrainer
05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
I just called 180 days until our trip exactly and the earliest they could get us in for Le Cellier was 8pm!! I was shocked, but gladly took it. As for everything else, I didn't have trouble getting anything.

offero
05-30-2007, 08:13 AM
We went in Nov durring down season and reservations were hit and miss. and this was with calling about 150 days ahead We had no trouble getting in the resturant we wanted we just had to change the time/day we wanted to go. It took about 20 min on the phone to get a decent setup for dinner for five days. I figured that far out things would be wide open.

But when we were actually in the park, just about every resturant was wide open for dinner except the castle.

sillyolbear
05-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Like most who have posted, I've never had a problem 180 days out except for CRT, but that was a while back when they only had the breakfast and no Askerhus to help provide another option.

snifflesmcg
05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I've never booked 180 days out (I never know I am going that far in advance) but I think I booked 120 days out. I couldn't get Le Cellier or Coral Reef. They were both booked solid for both days I was in Epcot.

Bethanymouse
05-30-2007, 05:56 PM
I didnt have trouble initially getting any resturants but at 95 days out I attempted to switch Ohana's, Teppanyaki, and Le Cellier and I was told there was not availability for the rest of those 10 days! I am going during free dining though!

DawsonAR
05-31-2007, 09:02 AM
I have never had a problem getting into an ADR anywhere else, but many times it isn't at the time I wanted.

Mom2princesses
05-31-2007, 10:02 AM
The only ADR I have ever had trouble with was CRT for breakfast. But I finally got it this year! I made it at 180 days.

From what I have seen on this board LeCellier is also very difficult. Unfortunately when I made my ADR's at 180 days out I didn't know how great of a resturant it was I would have booked it but I guess there is another reason to go back to WDW again! We are going to the Norway princess dinner for my little one.

If you know what days you will be in what park try to make your ADR's as early as possible. It doesn't hurt and you won't be disappointed.