PDA

View Full Version : Character dinner at MK

Suz36
05-29-2007, 08:59 PM
What would your vote be for a character dinner at MK - Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace?

Mary Chase
05-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Crystal Palace. Never been to Liberty Tree - but it just didn't really appeal to me.

Strmchsr
05-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Food certainly has something to do with it. If you don't like a traditional Thanksgiving meal, LTT is out of the question. Other than that - pick who you prefer Mickey & Co. or Pooh & Co. Either meal is a great choice.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
We enjoyed Crystal Palace so I'd recommend that one. The characters got around to each table fairly quickly.

LTT was good - but its a set meal...great food though, but we had a terribly rude and cranky old cast member who didn't smile once as she took our reservation name.

Chris :hatter:

Lily
05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
We enjoyed both. However, the food at Crystal Palace is something we really look forward to each year. Since it is a buffet, there is a large variety and it is so well done. Crystal Palace has my vote.

tlhewitt52
05-30-2007, 08:49 AM
We do both every trip we go. We have a DS 3 so he loves the Pooh and Friends not to mention the food is good, we have heard great things about Breakfast so we are going to try that this year. My DH loves Liberty Tree Tavern it is his favorite meal while were there. So if you can I would say do both!!

disneydrmr
05-30-2007, 08:51 AM
If you can I agree with the other posters - do both - doing Crystal for breakfast and Liberty for dinner - but if you can only have one - then I vote for Liberty. It was my second favorite meal of my trip! (my first was 'Ohana - cause I LOVE Stitch!)

illini
05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Based on food, Crystal Palace hands down. I'm not a big fan of boxed stuffing/mac n cheese (I keep saying that today-- someone stop me!).

Based on character interaction, LTT; it was superb. Probably the best we've had from non face characters. It just wasn't enough to make up for the food. We've always had great character interaction at CP, too. Just not as good as LTT.

krorx
05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Boy, what a tough choice. We've done both. CP is beautiful inside, light and airy and has a wonderful buffet set up. You don't have much time with the characters, but each one does make a stop at your table. LTT seems smaller, more intimate and the characters took more time. As said before, it's a set dinner menu but we found it fairly good. After eating fast food, it's a welcome meal. I suppose I would pick based on which characters you prefer (Mickey and friends or Pooh and friends). Of course, the obvious best choice would be to do both! We did and it was well worth the time and money!

beksy
05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
We had the same decision when making our ADR's. I've never eaten at either but I choose the Crystal Palace because I love Pooh (especially Eeyore!). I know it's hard to tell by the picture! Can't wait to meet them in October! :cloud9:

GoofDad
05-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Our family of five have done both and enjoyed both, but we have made reservations for October for Crystal Palace for our third time. We liked LTT, but it really didn't make us feel compelled to do it again.

psychotekkie
05-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Crystal Palace for the decor as well as the wonderful food. (It was sooo good, I actually took a picture of my plate all piled with food, but the picture never looked as good as the food tasted).:eeyore:

GrmGrninGost
05-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I like CP, but I love Liberty Tree!:mickey:The food is really good, and I love their characters!:thumbsup:

TiggerRPh
05-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I like them both, but they are different. I suppose if I had to pick, I'd go on overall atmosphere and the characters present and take Liberty Tree Tavern.

chicade88
05-31-2007, 03:17 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern! Maybe we just hit it on an off-night, but Crystal Palace just seemed chaotic and rushed to us and only one of the characters came by. On the other hand, we felt extremely relaxed at LTT and the characters made the rounds several times throughout the meal (which was wonderful!).

auntfrannie
05-31-2007, 06:21 AM
We've only done breakfast at CP and to me, there isn't anything to get excited about breakfast (unless we're talking Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe). Character interaction was ok but it took forever for my buddy Eeyore to stop by!!

At LTT we had a great dinner and the characters were wonderful!!! They came by twice and the kids (ages 8-19 at the time) really enjoyed them. Except for my 14 yr old nephew when Minnie insisted on kissing him! :blush:

Mom2princesses
05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
For a relaxing dinner and great character interaction I would go to the LTT for dinner. The dinner is a "Thanksgiving" type of dinner and my family enjoyed it.

We find this a great way to relax and re-energize after a long hot day at the MK. Minnie and friends are great.

dolphinmickey9170
05-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Crystal Palace all the way. I just don't like the food at LTT.

NewmanFamily6
05-31-2007, 08:59 PM
We have done both and it really comes down to what you like. LTT is a set menu and a sit down meal. We really liked it and the character interaction was great! Crystal Palace is great if you have any picky eaters in the group. It is a buffet and has a little of everything. My kids seem to like this one the best:mickey:

LandFan
06-03-2007, 05:05 PM
We did LTT for the first time last year and LOVED it! Highly recommend it.