PDA

View Full Version : Best Airfares you've found

TikiGoddess
05-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey kids,

Okay, I have to tell everyone. I just scored on a Ding fare -- 4 seats from BDL (Hartford) to TPA for $475, in July! This is the 3rd time I rebooked this flight because of price, started at $540 and got down to $475. I now have a $64 credit with SW to use before next April. :D\

So tell us of other great deals you've gotten on airfare!
TikiG

Jen66
05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Booked our first at SW for an incredible $555.20 for my family of 4! A week later it went to $355.20!! I have a $200 to use with SW~ Romantic trip with DH, here I come! I am truly loving SWA right now!

disneyfan328
05-29-2007, 07:39 PM
DH and I are taking are 3 kids in September for free dining and scored a non ding fare of 55$ each way so for a family of 5 on non stop flights at great times we got it all for just under 700$ from Pittsburg to Orlando. You can't beat that!! (well maybe you can, but I am pretty darn excited about it!!!):thumbsup:

Chic-a-pin
05-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I got $87 per person non-stop each way out of Indy! I thought that was pretty good.

wdwnomad
05-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I was able to get $27 MCO-PHL fares in February on AirTran. The PHL-MCO segment was $99. In my excitment, I booked the R/t fare because it was cheaper than last year's. I realized later I should have just booked the one way fare and waited for the PHL-MCO segment to go down. Of course, in March it did drop to $69 and I was able to get an AirTran credit. Then last month it went down to $59 but I forgot to call to get another credit. Good lesson I learned though in all of this. Can't really complain though..r/t ticket PHL-MCO ended up about $120.

septembergirl
05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
$685 on Airtrans from Memphis to Orlando nonstop, roundtrip.:D

kakn7294
05-30-2007, 03:52 AM
I got $49 Pittsburgh to Orlando and $59 Orlando to Pittsburgh nonstop on SW in August. Total cost was $515.60 for 4 tickets or 128.90 roundtrip each ticket with all of the taxes and fees.

cetacean01
05-30-2007, 06:22 AM
$117.00 round trip, Non stop both ways, from Norfolk to Orlando in July. :mickey:

sillyolbear
05-30-2007, 08:07 AM
I recently got round trip tickets on Delta Charlotte to Orlando for $138 for December and for February '08.

MarkC
05-30-2007, 09:28 AM
$117 round trip from KC to Orlando in March-- no ding. Ding has had several similar fares. The best deal we ever had was after 9/11 and the carriers were trying to get people flying again. We paid $62 round trip from Kansas City to Tampa. It was so cheap my parents and brother and his family came along. My brother thought for that price we would either be seated on the wing or end up serving drinks, but it was great. I'll probably never see that again.

DisnIse
05-30-2007, 10:37 AM
We have $88 RT on Southwest from Chicago to Orlando for 12 days in July!!!

crazypoohbear
05-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I bought $64.00 each way from Boston to Orlando on Jet blue for Aug/sept.
$148.00 round trip non stop:thumbsup:

NJMan66
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
I just bought 5 tickets at $118 round trip from Newark to Orlando on Continental for September.:thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 02:45 PM
I just bought ours last week on SW for $79 each way. Good enough for me. A few weeks ago I actually saw a Ding for $29 each way in July! For a few fleeting seconds I thought about planning a third trip for this year!

MOJoe
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
$685 on Airtrans from Memphis to Orlando nonstop, roundtrip.:D

Is that Per Person?????? I know flying out of Memphis was expensive - but DANG!!!!

tinksmom02
05-31-2007, 10:41 PM
You guys are making me depressed...we still don't have airfare for Sept. DH deperately wants to fly out of Atlantic City, instead of Newark (it's a lot closer, easier to get to/navigate, cheaper parking), but that severely limits our flights.

I know what flight I want from Spirit, and today I got an email--$48 each way, when I want to travel! Yay! I go to the website, and guess what? The flight I want is not incldued!!! I just know that we can get down there cheaper than $750/3 of us, but the waiting is driving me INSANE!!

So I'm happy for all of you that got great airfare--send your luck my way!!!

Iluvpooh
05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
$123.80 Round trip Non-stop from Pensacola-Orlando. Delta.
4 seat under 500.00:cool:

Iluvpooh
05-31-2007, 11:38 PM
$117 round trip from KC to Orlando in March-- no ding. Ding has had several similar fares. The best deal we ever had was after 9/11 and the carriers were trying to get people flying again. We paid $62 round trip from Kansas City to Tampa. It was so cheap my parents and brother and his family came along. My brother thought for that price we would either be seated on the wing or end up serving drinks, but it was great. I'll probably never see that again.

LOL! We had the same thing happen in October of 2001. The one and only time I used priceline-We flew from Birmingham, Al to Orlando for 69.00 ROUNDTRIP!! :cloud9:

scooterca42
06-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Just over 200 each round trip taxes in from Buffalo. One stop going down, and direct back on Air Tran. Our friends fly that airline all the time, we're looking forward to our first trip on it!:number1:

angedeaile
06-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Man...this thread really bums me out. Our airport only has Midwest and Northwest....hardly any deals there. Closest airport besides that one is a five hour drive. :(

I really need to move near a bigger airport, so I can get amazing deals like you all!

mudpuppysmom
06-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally we were going to fly to Tampa in May from Pittsburgh.....$29 each way was the fare......$157 for two of us. THEN, DH decided HE wanted to come with us and he needed to fly to MCO b/c he was not staying the entire time......so for $49 each way we flew to MCO instead. NOW, I must say the flights to Tampa were a little not to my liking (they were in the middle of the day going down and early in the morning the return day, so we would have lost two days traveling if we had flown to Tampa) -- we gained two extra days flying to MCO for the $20 extra and the car was the same price, so I thought that was a good deal.

Last year DS and I flew for $180 for both of us in January from PIT to MCO......

I have not paid more than $59 each way in the last two years.........knock on wood!!!!

eLPack
06-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Booked RT non stop JetBlue from White Plains, NY to Orlando for $178.80... never have flown out of White Plains airport.. JetBlue just started flying out of there.. had a $40 credit from last Sept so I paid only $138.80.

cindyrellinut
06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
You guys are making me depressed...we still don't have airfare for Sept. DH deperately wants to fly out of Atlantic City, instead of Newark (it's a lot closer, easier to get to/navigate, cheaper parking), but that severely limits our flights.

I know what flight I want from Spirit, and today I got an email--$48 each way, when I want to travel! Yay! I go to the website, and guess what? The flight I want is not incldued!!! I just know that we can get down there cheaper than $750/3 of us, but the waiting is driving me INSANE!!

So I'm happy for all of you that got great airfare--send your luck my way!!!

I know you don't want to fly out of EWR but you should look into it. I suffer from large airport anxiety and hate the longer drive also. I always used to fly out of ACY on Spirit but the airfares out of EWR can't be beat. I am booked on Jet Blue out of EWR for August for $137 round trip. Contintental is also offering similar fares. I can't remember the last time I paid that little an amount.:thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I just scored one way airfare from PHL to MCO for $44 per person and return from TPA to PHL for $49. I was ecstatic! We too have a credit with SW since the first leg went down from 99 per person to 44.

tinksmom02
06-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I know you don't want to fly out of EWR but you should look into it. I suffer from large airport anxiety and hate the longer drive also. I always used to fly out of ACY on Spirit but the airfares out of EWR can't be beat. I am booked on Jet Blue out of EWR for August for $137 round trip. Contintental is also offering similar fares. I can't remember the last time I paid that little an amount.:thumbsup:

I'm not totally opposed to flying out of Newark...we did it in January and it was fine. We would have a lot more selection in flight choices (as opposed to Atlantic City, there is exactly ONE flight that fits our schedule LOL)

So, I'm not the problem, it's DH. I broached the subject w/ him, and mentioned that I would be willing for fly EWR if we got awesome flights...he would rather pay top $$$ to fly closer to home. There's the price to park, allowing ridiculous amounts of time to get there, check in, etc. He just doesn't feel that saving $$ is worth all that hassle.

He's got a point, I suppose.