PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist Question

Ian
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
So we finally got our DVC paperwork in the mail the other day, but it doesn't really address one question I have ...

When can you put your name on a waitlist? Does it have to be at the applicable booking window?

In other words, say we're planning a trip for 11 months out and we're not able to book into any resort other than SSR (our home resort). At the same time we make our SSR booking (at 11 months out), could we also put our name on the waitlist for say BCV? Or would we have to call back at 7 months to get BCV waitlist?

Also, if we could put our name on the waitlist how does that work? When the 7 month window opens they just automatically give us a room there if one is open?

It seems likely to me that the rule is you can't waitlist until the appropriate window opens for you, but I just wanted to be clear?

ttccluvsdis
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I just asked this question over the weekend. I wanted to waitlist for AKL, (our home resort is SSR) I was told we could not waitlist until the window opened up for non home resort members.
If I am wrong, someone will be sure to post.

Welcome Home!!!!

Ian
05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks ... that's pretty much what I figured.

Otherwise, everyone would book their home resort at the 11 month window and then just waitlist for all the smaller resorts.

By the time the 7 month window opened there'd be nothing left!

DisneyGiant
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
I just asked this question over the weekend. I wanted to waitlist for AKL, (our home resort is SSR) I was told we could not waitlist until the window opened up for non home resort members.
If I am wrong, someone will be sure to post.

Welcome Home!!!!

This is correct.

Always book at your home resort the 11 months out - so you're guaranteed a place to stay.

Then - 7 months from your last day of stay - call and try to move to your choice (some people call up daily and book each night - I can't be bothered). If your choice isn't available - then you wait list.........

So far, I've waitlisted once and got my choice, and called at the 7 month window twice, and got my choice!

Good luck!

TiggerRPh
05-30-2007, 12:02 AM
We've been wait listed a couple of times and gotten our choice both times.

dlpmikki
05-30-2007, 06:49 AM
I tried to waitlist and didn't get it. I am currently on a waitlist for some points I am renting out but there is still time yet....