PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend Trip!

baby minnie's mommy
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Cast of Characters:
DH
Myself
DD - age 2

Friday:
Checked into Contemporary at 2:00pm and settled into our garden wing room. Very nice view of pool area and partial bay! DH immediately checked out the computer provided in the room, and the free internet. A bit later we enjoyed the pool, although the breeze was making us cold!

Supper at the Food-n-Fun center was not impressive. The windows to the old arcade room were blacked out, so no matter what time of day it was it felt as though we were looking out the windows into a very dark night. The arcade is now by the gift shops, not by Chef M., so the noise didn't clash. (It didn't hurt the shopping atmosphere, either, for anyone that's concerned.)

Saturday: Magic Kingdom!
We walked to the park carrying our DD, and it took us 18 minutes at a brisk pace. DD was too young to grasp the wonder of seeing the castle for the first time. She couldn't wait to touch it though, because I had prepped her by explaining it was a castle like Belle's (the only princess she knows with a castle) and that she could "actually touch it!"

Breakfast at Crystal Palace was very tasty (love Pooh's Puffed French Toast!) Before our trip, DD had told us she wanted to see Pooh, Piglet, & Rabbit, but not Eeyore & Tigger. :confused: Sure enough, when E. & T. came around she was not happy! She gave Piglet a hug, though. (Rabbit was not there.) Pooh took a very long time to reach us, and DD kept asking where he was. When Pooh finally reached our table he squatted down; DD walked right up and slid her arms around his neck for a big hug. She was sooo happy and giddy! It's a precious memory I'll always remember! :cloud9:

DD got scared on POTC since it was so dark. She also got scared of the heffalump dream scene in the Pooh ride. She liked Barnstormer, though. Her fears are of what she sees, not how the ride feels, I guess.

Crowds weren't a problem for us till we reached Fantasyland and Toontown in the afternoon. We were expecting it, though. We waited in line to see Mickey (DD was very comfortable with him, too!) Then we hopped the train to the front and watched the parade.

DD fell asleep after the parade, so we picked up a couple surprises for her and took the monorail back to the hotel. It was so nice to relax and freshen up! When DD woke up she was shocked to she had been sleeping by a new Pooh friend! Then we took her over to her Minnie that she'd brought from home, and again she was shocked to see she had a matching Mickey! It was very special to make some magic for her like that. :mickey:

Supper at Concourse was wonderful - I'm disappointed it's closing! The food was superb, and DD loved watching the monorail above us knowing we were going to ride it next. (I loved that feeling, too!) After dinner we went back to MK and did the rides that were too much of a wait earlier. Tried to watch Wishes from Tomorrowland but DD was scared, so did Buzz instead. Afterward we went up to the castle and after waiting all day, DD finally got to touch it! She was so impressed! We got some great pictures of her touching the tile pictures on the walls.

Sunday: Epcot!
Took the monorail to Epcot late in the morning. DD loved the Living Seas, although the angler fish scared her in the Nemo ride. Went to Mexico for lunch and enjoyed the ride. Then we spent the afternoon walking around the rest of the countries.

DD met Belle in France! DD walked right up to her and started talking as they held hands. It was so sweet! We ate supper there then walked back to the front of Epcot, enjoying all the flowers along the way.

Went back to hotel and tried to swim at 8:00pm, but finally got too cold! DD loved the toddler fountain. She decided to examine the hole the water shoots from, though, and wound up with a fountain shooting up into her face! :blush: We watched Wishes from the observation deck. DD was still scared, until DH held her and taught her to put her fingers in her ears to make the fireworks quieter! :)

Monday: Downtown Disney
Checked out, then had lunch at Downtown. Shopped some more and rode the carousel, then drove home. Downtown Disney is a nice way for me to gradually leave Disney, instead of leaving straight from the hotel. Came home and told the grandparents all about our trip! I now have to find a house with an extra bedroom for all the new friends DH bought DD!!! :D

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds like some precious memories were made on this trip! If any of those new friends are a Stitch - I'll gladly house him! :D THanks for sharing your trip!

Christine
05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. How lucky you are to be so close to the World!

pogo
05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Thank you for sharing your weekend with us.:mickey:

It sounds like you had a very special time with your DD. Some people say two is a little young but the sooner they learn of the magic, the better.:thumbsup:

I bet you can't wait to return to WDW. :D

Bethanymouse
05-30-2007, 07:02 AM
What a magical trip with your DD! I loved hearing about everything! I am glad that you had such a great time. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 03:36 AM
Sounds like a great weekend. I hope you got alot of pics of your DD, she sounds adorable. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

faline
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, your daughter certainly knows who she likes and who she doesn't! What a wonderful weekend you had! Your daughter sounds really cute!

ChipnDaleGal
06-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Sounds like you made a lot of very sweet memories that weekend. Thanks for sharing with us. :mickey:

January-2007
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
So cute!! What a wonderful time it sounds like you had, thank you so much for sharing it with us!