PDA

View Full Version : Hardrock at Universal

DisneyMom3
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Please tell me how wonderful this resort is. We have never been to Universal before. I just need to be reassured we made the right choice for DH, DS's 10, 7, 6 and myself.

BigDisneyDad
05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
The HardRock Hotel at Universal is awesome! We stayed there a couple of years ago with our DS's (12 and 7 at the time) and our dog. We are staying there again at the end of June (no dog this time). It is the closest resort to the parks. It's just a short walk from the back of the resort to both IOA and US. You also get the benefit of "front of the line" access to all of the attractions while staying on property. All of the rooms have recently been renovated as well. The HardRock is a great choice!

DisneyDog
05-31-2007, 02:39 PM
I've stayed there a few times. It is wonderful and very luxurious. The pool is really great, as they pipe the music underwater and you can even hear it when you are submerged! Lots of fun rock items all over the hotel, too, like Elton John's boots and stuff like that. Very excellent choice of hotels!

Disneymom4ever
05-31-2007, 04:25 PM
We stayed there a few yrs. ago with our DS's (8 and 11), and we loved it! Music themed throughout, very nice! The pool was incredible, a huge hit with the boys! Sandy beach, fun waterslide, and the music underwater is very cool! It's just a short walk to the parks. Or you can ride the water taxi, but we never did. They also have an ice cream shop, which we went to more than once! Just remember where you're room is, because the resort is very big! But having your room key as front of the line for the rides is priceless. We will always stay onsite just for that reason. Have fun!