PDA

View Full Version : How are we going to beat this trip next year. Day one.

Through the looking Glass
05-29-2007, 03:19 PM
An almost too perfect trip.
Thursday,May 10
Cast Me, DW,DD10,DS4, and my bro.
Pre plans were hetic and lengthy.
Day one; Limo picks up at house, 8 passenger stretch, what a way to know you are on vacation. Arrive Tampa, used Dollar rental, very good experence. Just under an hour drive to DW, kids went nuts as we went under welcome sign. Checked into the BWV at 3, room ready, went straight up. Rooms 5088/86. View of pool. Towel animal in att. studio. Bro had to rub it in. (sitting in front of me as I write this.)
Went to pool for an hour and then wandered over to Swan for dinner. Gullivers Grill- Blah. Wasn't worth the money, only four entree choices, chicken and fries for kids, Way-way too expensive. Hung out on the boardwalk for the rest of the night. Wandered into store for some supplies,DS saw monorail toy and insisted that he had to have it. Didn't buy it that night but knew we would have to. Bed early, 8:05 Res Crystal Palace tomorrow.

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 03:32 PM
A limo - yep! Great way to start out a vacation! And I'm already wondering how long you are gonna be able to put your son off on the monorail! :D

FatCat
05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
If you are talking about the big toy I recall it being pretty pricey. Having said that if you ship your purchase to your home you will avoid sales tax. You will have to pay shipping. The break even is usually aroung $150 for the purchase. So if you are going to be buying a lot including the monorail do it in one purchase and ship it. This way you save a bit and you do not have to carry it.

Through the looking Glass
05-29-2007, 04:42 PM
The mono rail toy was 70$ it consisted of a motorized train and track. It is large and takes up about a six by eight foot area of floor. There are other buildings and track that can be bought with it. We just needed the train itself. I know it sounds expensive but it was the only thing he bought. He recieved it on the forth day and it was a 'Bargining chip' when behavor wained. All I had to say was that I was putting it away and he was the perfect angel. We ship a box down every trip with an air matress and pool towels etc. On the return shipping we pack alot of our sourvienirs.

SBETigg
05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
What a great start! Except it is too bad that Gulliver's Grill was blah. But hanging at the Boardwalk is fun! Thanks for the report.

Christine
05-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Sounds like a great start (except dinner).

Off to read more...

pogo
05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Great start.:thumbsup:

Can't wait to read more. :D

Bethanymouse
05-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Sounds like a great start! Gotta love those towel animals! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
05-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Sounds like you started out your vacation in high style:mickey:

princessgirls
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Great start to your trip, even the blah dinner!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 05:01 AM
Good start.:mickey:
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
05-31-2007, 08:39 AM
sounds like a great start.

faline
06-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Starting your trip with a limo ride is a wonderful treat!