PDA

View Full Version : MK Restaurants

Dyanna
05-29-2007, 10:38 AM
We have dinner reservations for 1 evening at Crystal Palace for & 1 evening at Tony's Town Sq. Been hearing mixed reviews for TTS. We have in the past eaten in the Castle but are looking for something else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions of where a good place to go for dinner in the MK?

BritCody
05-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, you already have Crystal Palace covered so that leaves you with Liberty Tree Tavern as a really good option. The food is real good and it is a Family Style Character Meal. Other than that you would have to go to one of the restaurants in the hotels on the Monorail. O'hana, Chef Mickey's, etc.

Dyanna
05-29-2007, 11:01 AM
What characters are located here? Is there a menu I could look at? Thanks

BelleBeauty
05-29-2007, 11:53 AM
There is a menu located in the Info Cetral section under dining. Liberty Tree Tavern is a great meal!

The characters usually there include Goofy, Pluto, Minnie and Chip & Dale. All in period (colonial) costume. It is a family-style all you care to eat meal. Which means that they serve you at the table, but they continue to bring food until you are ready to stop. The meal is the same, very Thanksgiving fare: turkey, roast beef, ham, mac & cheese, veggies, stuffing, etc.

We loved the meal. The dining rooms are sectioned off so it doesn't feel as overwhelming as Crystal Palace can sometimes feel. We enjoy this meal a lot more than TTS!

mickey-mouse35
05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
When we ate at LTT, it was just OK, but that was several years ago before it was a character meal. Our favorite is to take the monorail and go to Kona Cafe or OHanas at the Poly or California Grill at the Contemporary. :thumbsup:

illini
05-30-2007, 08:58 AM
I think you'll find better food on the monorail than in the MK. Most people here really like LTT, but I found the food bland and some even yucky (boxed stuffing-- no thanks!). I'd try for 'Ohana or Kona at the Poly or Chef Mickey's. It's a nice little break from the park and better food.
We really enjoy Crystal Palace-- hope you like it, too!

DawsonAR
05-30-2007, 01:25 PM
LTT food is good but nothing special, however, it is a lot of fun.

BashfulMom
05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Is it necessary to make ADR for LTT?

May524
05-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Is it necessary to make ADR for LTT?

Yes. LTT seems to be a very popular eating restaurant in the MK. The food is very good, and the character interaction is great! It's a must do on our list every time! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-30-2007, 05:10 PM
We prefer to eat CS while in the MK and leave for one of the monorail resorts if we want a table service meal. 'Ohana, Kona Cafe, and GF Cafe are three favorites.

DawnluvsEeyore
05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
If you want a character experience at LTT, make sure you have dinner there. I don't think lunch is a character meal. Also, lunch isn't served family style. Crystal Palace is great. The last time we were at MK, we ate at both LTT for dinner and at CP. We also took the monorail to the Poly and had dinner at 'Ohana one evening. That is our favorite restaurant at WDW. :cloud9:

Mickey91
05-30-2007, 09:19 PM
We love the LLT. The characters are awesome! The food is good. We don't care for the mac n cheese (Stouffers). But the rest of the meal is great! Chef Mickeys is good at the Contemporary and Ohana at the Poly. You would want to look at the menu for the type of food served at the Cali Grill. While it is top of the line, I think the food offerings are a little different for some. Good luck!:mickey:

MickeysGirl
05-31-2007, 07:41 AM
Personally, we love Tony's! We have always found the food and service to be nothing but delightful and it is one of our special places to go. In fact it is included as one of the 3 ADRs we've made for the honeymoon.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on any of the other restaurants, sorry.

Have a great trip! :balloon:

GrmGrninGost
05-31-2007, 11:08 PM
I love Liberty Tree Tavern! The characters are awesome and the food is great! ( Except for the mac&cheese) And, yes, you do need ADRs!:mickey:

PirateLover
06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I love everything about LTT. Even the mac n cheese. Can't say about the stuffing though since I'm not a stuffing person, but the rest of the food is delicious and I've had excellent servers and great character interaction both times I've been there. My boyfriend demands that we go here every time, lol.

pshokie
06-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll push for Kona Cafe. While I would recommend an ADR cause it does fill up, it seems like it is no where as full/overflowing as 'Ohanas. It looked as though 'Ohanas had 100 people waiting to get in every night.
We also loved LTT. It is the home of our new favorite character: Dale! :dale: He was goofing on people, chair surfing, trying on peoples hats, etc. Even took one little girl on a chair ride around the restuarant. He's too cool.

For us, he put graffiti in our book under Chip's Signature:
Chip
^stinks luv Dale.

wilshade
06-01-2007, 08:06 PM
There are many wonderful suggestions on this thread. Depends on what you are really looking for.

I am going to put somethign different out there for ya, just in case it hits home with you.

Instead of the monorail . . take a nice scenic boat ride to the Wilderness Lodge and have dinner at either Artist Point or Whispering Canyon.

If you have kids with you, try Whispering Canyon. It is usually as much fun as a character meal with all kinds of stuff going on.

In any case, the boat ride may be just what the doctor ordered after hustling all day in the MK.

LandFan
06-03-2007, 04:30 PM
If you want to stay in MK, I would go with Liberty Tree Tavern. If you want to go out a bit, take the monorail to Kona Cafe (fabulous food) or O'hana's for a fun time. Concourse Steakhouse is pretty good too.