PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach Resort Questions

tinkerbell04
05-29-2007, 09:13 AM
My family is trying Vero for the first time in just three weeks! In planning, I came up with a few questions that I was hoping could be answered by someone with Vero experience :mickey:
1. Are beach chairs provided, or if they are rented, does anyone know about how much they rent for?

2. Same with boogie boards, I know that they wouldn't be provided, but does anyone know about how much they rent for?

3. Finally, I was reading about the turtle walk and saw that it was done by lottery. Does anyone have any experience with this? What are the chances of getting selected in the lottery?

Thanks for any help that you may be able to give.

Tinkermom
05-29-2007, 08:24 PM
1. You can rent beach chairs. I think they were $15 a day last year when we were there. I cannot remember for sure if this was for one chair though. We had rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for the week as it was a bit cheaper. If you rent for the week (or your length of stay) you just show your receipt each morning to the attendants out at the boardwalk and they set up your chairs and umbrella for you.

2. You can rent boogie boards for $8 a day. We just stopped at CVS and bought 3 boards for the kids for the week as it was MUCH cheaper this way. We gave away the boards when we left since we fly.

3. As for the turtle walk it just depends on how many people put their names in as to what your chances are. My kids did a special turtle workshop where they learned about turtles and then went out onto the beach to look for eggs/turtle tracks. We had stayed in one of the beach houses last year and EVERY morning there were turtle tracks right up to the dunes directly in front of our house. There are people who work at Vero and their job is to check the beaches every morning for turtle nests and then put a protective fence around them. My DH went out onto the beach early one morning and chatted with one of these guys. He got to watch as they uncovered the eggs and checked the temperature and such. We tried to watch a couple of nights for the turtle that visited in front of our beach house but it was just too dark.:(

Can you tell we love Vero?:thumbsup:

Have fun!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks, this really helps alot. I was thinking the same thing about stopping and just buying chairs and boards. :mickey: