PDA

View Full Version : Long Awaited Trip-Day 1

sacandjac
05-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Yes, we are finally in Disneyworld. A trip that I have been planning for over a year. Cast of characters:

DH-46
Me-37
DS-18 (new High School Graduate-staying at POP)
DD-9
DS's friend-17(staying at POP)
DS's friend-17 (staying at POP)

We leave Louisiana on Sunday at 0800 and head out for our along-waited trip. We make it to Gainesville and spend the night. We get up the next morning and are at Disney by 12 noon. We drop the kids off at the POP (the kids think the resort is okay-especially the icees in the food court and refillable mugs). We then head to the Beach Club-my daughter has always wanted to stay here (for the pool of course). We later find out that the kids' room at the POP was ready immediately and our's was not ready until around 3:00. Me and DD take this time to hit the pool. The pool here was great! We had a blast. DH walked around, took care of our luggage, etc. He did get us lunch from Hurricane Hannah's-okay food. We had hot dogs, chips and a Mickey ice cream bar. The Beach Club was great for the pool and the short walk to Epcot. The quick service food options were not great-this is definitely something they need to work on. The teens loved the quick service food options at the POP.
After spending a few hours at the pool and lying on the beach our room is finally ready and we head to check it out. The room is nice-it was number 1525 in the last building closest to Epcot-great walk. We also had a patio that faced the quiet pool. We get dressed and head to Ohana's for dinner. The food was great as always and the teens loved it! I still miss the pineapple and caramel, but oh well. After dinner we hop on the monorail and head to MK to catch Spectromagic and Wishes. The two 17 year olds loved these-they have never been to Disney so this was a treat. We then head to our respective rooms and get some sleep. It has been a great day!

Bippity Boppity Boutique and MGM tomorrow!

sleepingbooty
05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Great start - how fun for the boys to get to stay at their own resort!

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Sounds like the start of a fun trip! Looking forward to hearing more! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
05-30-2007, 07:16 AM
I am glad you are off to a great start! thanks for sharing!:D

pogo
05-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Sounds like the perfect "Day One". :thumbsup:

I can't wait to read Day Two. :D

castlelady36
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I think a lot of teens would love to stay at their own resort. Sounds like great fun so far!!

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 04:59 AM
I loved walking to Epcot from the Beach Club:thumbsup: That's a good idea, different resorts for the kids. ;)Thanks for sharing:mickey:

faline
06-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Great start to your trip! The pool at Beach Club is really fun! Glad you enjoyed it!