PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Resort Christmas Decorations

mulderxcoltrane
05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Hello all,
Does anyone know/have a plan of attack for seeing the holiday decorations at the various resorts? We will not have a car so will be using WDW transportation.

Are there any resorts we shouldn't miss or can afford to skip?

Disneyfun
05-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Ahh! My favorite time of the year to go Resort Hopping! Here is the order of must see resorts that I would recommend:
1) Poly Resort
2) Grand Floridian (via Monorail) - got to love the gingerbread house!
3) Contemporary (via Monorail) - not the most impressive, but it's my favorite resort!
4) Wilderness Lodge (via Boat from the marina at the Contemporary) - WL is an ABSOLUTE don't miss in my book! I love the resort and the Christmas tree is spectacular!
--Take the boat from WL marina to MK entrance. Take bus to Boardwalk resort. --
5) Boardwalk Inn - Again, a beautiful resort.
6) Yacht and Beach Club (via walking path) - the Chocolate Merry-Go-Round is always stunning!
7) Animal Kingdom Lodge (this is the tricky one - take a bus from one of the resorts along the bay at the Boardwalk Inn to Animal Kingdom. From there take the bus to AKL) - Very similar in design and layout to WL, but theming makes all the difference in the world! Very fun!

That is my list. To get to your home resort, you can either take a bus from AKL to Downtown Disney and then transfer to a bus to your home resort (after shopping of course!) or do the same transfer at AK. Just be wary of the time that AK closes as that can shut down the route to AK. If that happens just travel to DTD and transfer to a bus going to the AKL. No busses travel between resorts unfortunately.

jkj1224
05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Absolutely can't miss the gingerbread house at the GF :mickey:

Piglet822
05-29-2007, 02:03 AM
I did this last year. Granted I live locally so I had a vehicle at my disposal. IMO, the MK Loop (Contemp, Wild. Lodge, Poly, and Grand Flo) are not too be missed as was the Epcot loop (Yacht, Beach, B'walk). The Dolphin had a pretty neat poinsettia tree that was huge!
You can check out some of the pics I took at:

Christmas @ Disney (http://jpag822.smugmug.com/gallery/2206127#116843451)