PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain lap bars on the rocket trains

trackbarroness
05-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Just wanted to ask what you all thought/think about the CM's not checking the laps bars any more. But you the guests checking your own lap bars. Like it or dislike it?
We're no longer reguired to check the lap bars by hand but to see you the guests check your own lap bars.

disneydaisy
05-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I guess with adults I don't necessarily have a problem with it. However, in this day and age if something happens, even if we are supposed to be responsible for the bars ourselves, my guess is a lawsuit would follow. I do however, have a problem of children not being checked by a CM. I would hate to think of a couple of 8 year olds thinking everything was okay and it wasn't. Why would CM's not checking the lap bars even be considered?

PirateLover
05-28-2007, 10:38 PM
I noticed this on all the WDW coasters on our last trip. We were asked to check them ourselves and even then, most CMs barely looked. On Star Tours we weren't even reminded to tug on our safety belts and guess what- Mine wasn't in right!!! It came out. I quickly shoved it back in but what if that had happened to a child? They might have panicked. Of course after that incident I triple checked all of my restraints for the rest of the trip.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Wow...that makes me nervous. I always check my sons' lap bars but, I feel SO much better when the CM does too. Just a second person making sure. :unsure:

Piglet822
05-29-2007, 02:44 AM
I always feel more comfortable knowing a CM is double checking me.
Why the change, Sandy?

vizsla
05-29-2007, 05:39 AM
I feel this should still be done as a safety check by the CM's on all attractions with bars and belts. I can't understand why Disney would not have the CM's check the bars and belts since this issue I believe is a safety regulation for amusement rides. This leaves the door wide open if anyone ever got seriously injured due to the fact there was no safety check.

trackbarroness
05-29-2007, 03:38 PM
It's a change that they have implemented at Space Mountain, which is the last attraction to do so in WDW. It's something as a CM that was trained first to check the lap bar to now just to watch the guests check their own lap bars.
No worries Sean Riley Taylor's Mom we still check the lap bars ourselves when we see kids and or adults who either can't understand the verbal directions or hand motions. We have to look at the lap bars to make certain that their in the correct position for each guest and that they are seated properly. We just started visually checking the lap bar this past 24 of May, so we shall see how things will turn out.

SBETigg
05-29-2007, 04:14 PM
It makes me nervous, too, and my kids are teens. Careless teens. I prefer to have them CM checked. It seems risky.