MsMin
05-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Please join me in sending :pixie: and prayers for Marquise and his family: :(
05:25 PM CDT on Monday, May 28, 2007
Body of missing NFL player found
Associated Press

NFL
Marquise Hill

NEW ORLEANS – A body believed to be New England Patriots defensive end Marquise Hill was found by searchers Monday, a day after he was reported missing following a jetski accident on Lake Pontchartrain.
"The family will have to make positive identification," Capt. Brian Clark of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Department said. "But the body we found was that of Mr. Marquise Hill."
The body was discovered about a quarter-mile from where Hill and a female companion were involved in the accident, Clark said.
The Coast Guard was called Sunday night, Petty Officer Tom Atkeson said. The search began immediately, using boats and helicopters.
Also Online
WWL-TV reports
By the time the body was found, the Coast Guard, Wildlife and Fisheries, the New Orleans Police Department and Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Department were involved, Clark said.
Hill's agent, Albert Elias, said he had been told Hill and a young woman were jetskiing Sunday in the lake when both of them went into the water, which had a strong current. Elias said the woman was able to make it to a pylon and hang on until she was rescued, while Hill was last seen floating away from the scene.
Hill played on LSU's national championship team and was a second-round draft pick by New England in 2004.
"We are all shocked," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a statement.
The woman, whose identity was not available Monday morning, was rescued and sent to Tulane Medical Center where she told them Hill had tried to keep her calm as the two were drifting away from each other.
Neither Hill nor the woman wore a life preserver, Atkeson said.

Kate In Wonderland
05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
So sad... I can't believe he was only 24 years old...

RIP Marquise :(

mrsgaribaldi
06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry I'm so late. I never read the sports board. What a shame. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for this young man and his family.