Resort:

Pop Century
50's Section
Building 2
Room 2159

Trip Dates:

May 20th through May 26th, 2007

Recap of Preface:

Ashleigh had been sick all week leading up our trip. I was a nervous wreck. We landed on time at MCO and our arrival to Pop Century via Magical Express was prompt.

May 20th continued

Pop Century was the first stop and being one of the 1st off the bus, I was one of the 1st from the bus in line to check-in. Ron took the girls to the kids area to watch cartoons. There was already a short line at check-in, but it oved quickly and we were all checked in in no time. Our request for a first floor was granted, but I think I'd have preferred to be in the 70's section like we were the last time we stayed here. Still, our building was not terribly far and at least we had a great view of Illuminations and Wishes!

After checking in, I needed to go to lobby concierge. I had purchased Ap's for Emily and myself as we will making another trip later this summer. Ron will not be going with us in the sumer, and we are unsure wheher or not Ashleigh will making the trip. I had purchased Magic Your Way tickets with park hopping privileges before we left. However, I had purchased Ron's ticket 1st and only got a 6 day pass instaed of a 7 day pass. At first, we had not planned on entering any parks the 1st day due to our later arrival. Plans had changed and I needed to upgrade his 6 day to a 7 day. It should have been a fairly simple procedure, but it was not. When I inquired about the change, I was told that it would only be jus over $2.00 to do so. When the CM helping me had "finished" he informed me it would a difference of $6.39, I did not question it as I had just wanted to get on my way. However, I did ask him to check to see that the pass had properly been upgraded. When he swiped it, it had not. I had just paid $6.39 to do absolutely nothing. he needed to get assistance from a manager, who was not much more help. Finally, he got the pass to upgrade, but I was told the differece would now be over $8.00. his time I definitely questioned it and it was corrected to the original $2.00 figure. I was credited the other $4.00 I had already paid. Finally, were able to really get this vacation underway. We checked our carryons wth luggage service and the said they would be delivered to our room.

Our mission was to hop a bus to Epcot which we did with relative ease. I hoped the bus service would continue to be this good for the rest of our stay. Once at Epcot I was able to activate our AP's and pick up the new temporary Disney Dining Experience card. We still had plenty of time to get our 7:40 PM ADR at Cape May Cafe and we decided to walk through Epcot to the International Gateway in order to get to the Beach Club. We even had enough time to hop on Spaceship Earth for our 1st ride of the trip! It really is good to see some exhibits, rather than walls when you exit the ride. We strolled slowly towards World Showcase, occasionally stopping to admire some of the topiaries from the Flower & Garden Festival. This was our 1st trip during this time and everything looked lovely! We decide on a nice relaxing boat ride over to Beach Club as we always enjoy it. After arriving at Cape May Cafe we were seated after only a few minutes. Being close to 8:00 PM I had wondered if the food would still be as fresh as it usually is. The food was just perfect as always! Everything was very fresh and tasty. I was concerned as to what Ashleigh might eat, but she definitely surprised me by eating much more than she's ever eaten here on any trip! Still, I bugged her every so often to make sure she was still alright and so far she was! Ahhh, so good to be home! The only drawbck to this evening was our server, Dynasty. She was not very attentive, and if had been anywhere else, I probably would have complained. At least her service is not indicative of this restaurant, as the best waiter in all of WDW still works here!

It was EMH at Magic Kingdom this night, and since we still had to transfer to a Pop Century bus at some point we decided to pop in at MK for a brief while. When we arrived, the park was just closing to those guests not staying on property and there was a mass exodus underway. Since were on the right side of Main St. we turned right and cut through the Noodle Station and into Tomorrowland. The Laugh-Floor Comedy Club was just letting in so we decided to check it out. It was hilarious and we enjoyed it very much! Now that the crowds had dissapated, we crossed over into Adventureland, to quell Ashleigh's desire to see Captain jack in POTC. She had also hoped for the Haunted Mansion, but the line was just too long for her on this night. Instead we rode it's a small world and decided to call it a night. Evven though she was feeling much better, I did not to push her to hard on our 1st night. The line for Pop Century was extremely long, but multiple busses arrived and we were on our way within 15 minutes of exiting the park. Pretty good, I'd say!

Once back at Pop, we still had not even been to our room yet, but we found it straight away and also found our luggage waiting for us. Resort TV was in order, I sat down to write a few notes, and we were all fast asleep in no time!

Day 2 to soon follow!

pogo
05-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm glad your trip got better and that Ashleigh was feeling better.:thumbsup:

We also loved the Laugh Floor Comedy Club when we were ther in April.:mickey:

I can't wait to read more..... keep thme coming. ?:D

princessgirls
05-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Heather,

I'm sooo glad that Ashleigh felt better. You guys enjoyed a wonderful day in Disney!! Thanks for the great report.

Julie:mickey:

offwego
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm glad your DD is feeling better. And it sure sounds like your having a good time.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.:thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup:

artyboy
05-29-2007, 09:30 AM
So glad that your first day was so nice.

Keep them coming!

sleepingbooty
05-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Great first day! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
05-29-2007, 01:21 PM
We loved dinner at Cape May too! WAsn't the Comedy Club fun?!! Thanks for sharing. I sure am happy that Ashleigh is feeling a bit better. :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
05-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Another :thumbsup: for laugh floor. All these good reviews have gotten me excited to try it on my next trip. Looking forward to reading more!!!

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 03:33 AM
Sounds like a great start:thumbsup:Thanks for sharing:mickey:

ElenitaB
06-03-2007, 03:55 AM
So glad that Ashleigh's feeling better. Wow... that was a loooong first day! Little Emily is a trooper! :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
06-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Good to hear that your daughter is feeling better.:thumbsup: What a great first day!

faline
06-07-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm so glad Ashleigh recovered in time to enjoy the trip!

January-2007
06-09-2007, 05:25 PM
What a day! Thanks for reporting!

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 07:49 PM
First days are so exciting.

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Heather, glad to hear that Ashleigh was feeling better. I'm sure that you were very nervous.

We are eating at Beach Club Clam Bake the next trip and I'm looking forward to this "new" restaurant.

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for your report. I've been to Disney twice now with a sick DD and its hard to have a good time when you just don't feel well. If Ashleigh had to be sick, it was a good thing is was the week before and not during your trip. Looking forward to reading more.

Jen C.
06-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Off to a great start! I can tell I am going to enjoy your reports!:D

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:41 AM
thanks!

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Great start.

HndrdPrcnt
06-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a good start! So glad that Ashleigh was feeling better. It was the Disney magic that did it I am sure!!:thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
06-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Great start to your trip Heather!

Hope Ashleigh makes it through the trip without getting ill :sick:! I know what that is like! That has happened to us on 3 occassions now!

Can't wait to read on!