PDA

View Full Version : Package Question

tony2979
05-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi all....a quick question for you experts.

Can I book a package now with free dining with only a one day ticket and then add additional tickets later.

For example. I book a three day package with free dining and a one day ticket today. I pay the package off by the deadline in August and then add a couple more days of tickets just before the trip.

Does this work? Are the tickets more expensive if I don't include them with the original package?

Hope I made some sense here....thanks for your help!!!

BronxTigger
05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
I think the free dining is based on your number of nights on the reservation, not the number of park tickets.

And yes, buying a set of tickets and then buying more 1 day tickets later will be much more expensive. When you buy a multiple day ticket, the longer you stay, the cheaper it gets per day. Take a look at the difference in price between a 7 day park hopper and an 8 day hopper...its about $2 different. Meanwhile, a 1 day ticket by itself runs almost $70.

If you more fully explain what you are trying to do, people can give better suggestions about what you can do.

tony2979
05-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Good point on explaining more fully what I am trying to do.

Basicly, we will have a lot more disposable income at the beginning of Sept than we will between now and then. Of course, we do need to go ahead and get the package and will have to pay for it in full by near the first of August. I am trying to keep that cost low and then go back and add a tickets for a few more days after the fact.

Strmchsr
05-28-2007, 07:50 PM
As BronxTigger said, the dining is tied to the number of nights you stay with the package, not the number of days you have park tickets. You must book the DDP by mid June (I think June 24 is the cutoff date) in order to get the free dining promotion. If you book a 3 day package now, you can get the free dining for those 3 days, but not any other days, regardless of whether you buy tickets for more days later. In order to get the most out of the free dining promotion you need to book the full package for the length of your stay ASAP. Otherwise, you might be better off trying to get a room only discount and buying your tickets separately then paying for meals OOP during your trip.