PDA

View Full Version : UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, Please Help

moe513
05-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Is it worth it to leave wdw and go to just Universal for one day. Not ioa. We will have to go by taxi too. My kids are 14. 12 and 8. Thanks

DDBird
05-28-2007, 03:55 PM
We did this a few years ago - one day at Universal and one day at IOA and really enjoyed it. We definitely found it worth the money...check out the annual pass for one of you. We did this and ended up saving on tickets for the other 2 and parking so it might be an option worth looking at.

WDWizard
06-01-2007, 09:11 AM
You will have great fun at Universal. It's always good to take a break from Disney after visiting so much to see what Universal has to offer. I'm sure you will like Universal's attractions better than those at Disney Studos. Also, make sure to check out some of the great deals they have. For just a little more you can visit both parks on the same day, and its easy to do them both if you buy the Universal Express pass.

Magic Smiles
06-03-2007, 09:35 PM
We do this every visit. Last year we managed to do both IOA and Universal in one day! IOA, Hulk is amazing!

scoot241
06-05-2007, 12:28 AM
IOA, Hulk is amazing!

I agree. In fact, for the most part I like IOA better than the Studios. IOA also has the Dueling Dragons coaster which is especially cool when they run them at the same time properly. Other good rides at IOA are the Dudley Do-Right log flume and Popeye's river rapids.

For the Studios, The Mummy is a lot of fun. Back to the Future is a great ride too. Shrek 4-D was decent as long as you don't mind getting sprayed with water a lot (seriously, at least 3 or 4 times).

DREAMADREAM93
06-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Last year, me and my family, 37,33,13,and 7, went to Universal and ioa.
i was rather bored in universal, and dont plan to make another trip there next month.
ioa was much more exciting.
my little sister and mother, however, enjoyed universal a great deal more.
So, it depends on what your going for.
If its for leisure, yeah.
If its for thrill, not a chance.

JOrdan :]

RAIDER
06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
My answer is yes ..its always good to seek out other parks and have comparisons ... Your children will love the men in black ride and sherk 4d :thumbsup:

also if you get a chance check out IOA ..

Have fun:thumbsup:

dyin tago
06-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Agreed! we have gone to disney and stayed on site for one week at disney and one week at royal pacific at universal on our first trip in 2001.we had a rental car so we did other stuff as well but the front of line pass you get for staying on site at universal was fabulous!
last september and again this september we will be staying at disney for 2 weeks for the free dining plan and will drive to universal at least a couple of times.

DNS
06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
We love Universal. We always recommend to people they go there too when going to central Florida. The themes are fabulous! We like the studios side best, but I think IOA is much better for thrill rides.

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Back To The Future is closed for good, making room for a Simpsons ride....

scoot241
06-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Simpsons ride? Yuck...

snifflesmcg
06-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I've never been to the regular Universal but I have gone to IOA and it's totally worth it. I loved it!! There are alot of thrill rides and different lands as well. If I was going to rent a car while down there, I'd SO go.

eagvent
06-10-2007, 10:45 AM
If you have one day and want make sure you get to everything you want to get to, check out the Express Pass. It not like WDW. It costs more but we've had great luck doing both Universal and Islands in the same day. They have combo tix online. Basically, you can go to a very short line for each included ride once during the day. The number they sell is limited for each day - which means you need to reserve for a particular day when you buy them - but it does ensure a short/reasonable express line.

I'd much rather pay a little more than deal with WDW's free pass system. Yes, it's free, but wandering back and forth all day is not my idea of a good day at the park.

Enjoy!

Dawneeeey
06-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I would suggest very strongly to purchase a ticket that allows you to go to Universal and Island of Adventure in the same day. I think your kids might enjoy both!!

Also - if you plan on going on any water rides, bring a change of clothes (and shoes and socks!!) and put them in a locker near the Bluto/Popeye ride.

TRUST me. :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I love Universal Studios. We didn't have a chance to go last time and won't be able to fit it in this next time. But it's fun. You should go for the day.
I'm not looking forward to a Simpson ride though. I really don't care for that show.

Barb_A
06-17-2007, 03:45 PM
We went two days last visit ... one for IOA and one for US ... we had a great time. In fact, we're going to go and stay at a US hotel for two days at the start of this trip ... that way we'll get their express pass for the entire stay ... they've got great deals on tickets now too.

Tink-N-Me
06-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Definitely worth it considering the age of your children. We have done Disney several times and included a vist at Universal in three of our trips. My boys are 14, 10 & 5 and while the two older kids love the Disney parks that are looking forward to go to both Universal Parks. They are looking forward to experiencing the thrill rides there that they were unable to do in the past (last time we went was 2001 so they were much younger). Seeing that you have been to Disney multiple times they might enjoy switching it up a little.