PDA

View Full Version : Attire for kids

Tinkermom
05-28-2007, 02:39 PM
We are doing the 7 night Western Cruise and I am wondering what the dress code is for kids for dinners. I am not worried about DD age 6 as she loves to wear dresses and such but I am worried about my 2 boys ages 11 and 13 (at the time of our Feb '08 cruise). Can they wear nice shorts or should they wear slacks each night? What about shoes? My boys balk at anything except sneakers. They will wear dress shoes on holidays. :rolleyes:

I will have special clothes for them for formal and semi-formal nights but I would like to know what they should wear the rest of the nights.

Thanks!

ElenitaB
05-28-2007, 02:57 PM
My DS-11 wore khakis every night, and then a pair of dress pants for our semi-formal night. He also wore golf shirts to dinner (no t-shirts). He didn't balk too much. The girls at out table were dressed nicely every night (no shorts). :)

I would definitely have an issue trying to get him to "dress up" to go out to dinner locally but on the cruise he was okay with it as he got the idea that the cruise was "special" to his dear old mom.

P.S. How about getting them some nice black sneakers that might not look so "sneakery"?

Tinkermom
05-28-2007, 03:36 PM
P.S. How about getting them some nice black sneakers that might not look so "sneakery"?

Yea, I thought of this too!:thumbsup: I am going to try to find some type of casual shoe that would look good with khakis. If not then I might have to go with the black sneaker.

We are trying to keep the cruise a surprise. We will be at WDW for 3 or 4 nights prior to the cruise. Our plan is to tell them at dinner the night before we leave for the cruise.I told DH that we need to have an early dinner that night as I have LOTS of instructions for them, LOL! They have never been on a cruise.

FatCat
05-29-2007, 03:03 PM
One night will be pirate night so that dress is pretty casual. They actually give you pirate bandanas to wear.

The night in parrot cay is tropical so the ambience is not all that formal.

I would just tell them on the non formal nights to look nice and neat. And dress up like a pirate on the other night and have fun.