PDA

View Full Version : Transformers The Movie (opens July 4!)

NotaGeek
05-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Ok, are there any other 30-somethings out there that can't WAIT for this movie? I have been waiting for 30 years for this! My brother and I were obsessed with Transformers when we were kids and this weekend I saw the full trailer during Pirates 4 and sat there in awe! It's almost here!

Go HERE for the official Transformers the Movie trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html), HD and other teasers. Yahoo does the BEST movie pages!

Also, here's the poster:

MinnieMommie
05-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks Michael. I am not a 30 something but am a fully initiated Transformer enthusiast due to my son. He and his cousin (both 20 somethings) keep me updated with all things Transformers. Thanks again for the post. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
05-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh, yeah! I can't wait. Ya know, we need a transforming smilie. :D I read all the comics and watched the cartoons without fail as a kid. I still get chills everytime I head "The Touch." Now DS6 is playing with all of my original toys plus the new ones. It's nice to be able to pass something along to the next generation. So far the movie looks incredible.

CanadianWDWFan
05-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I am glad that I have a 9 YO son to take to this one!:D I have been looking forward to this one since I first heard it was coming out!

CrazyStitch
05-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Big-time, 33-year-old TF fan right here :D

I've been following the production on this movie since Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto started pitching the idea to various production companies. My wife's sick of hearing me talk about it :)

I'm getting a bunch of friends and coworkers to go see a midnight showing (provided there is one), and I keep threatening to wear an Optimus Prime voice changer helmet :D

Oh, and Michael, that's some wait... Transformers have only been around for 23 years :P

Hayden's Dad
05-30-2007, 03:30 PM
You know the thearters are going to packed with 30-something year old men with their sons. And my son and I will be among them. Can't wait!:)

CrazyStitch
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I can still remember when my dad took me to see the original animated Transformers movie back in '86. To me, that was the coolest movie in the world! Of course, now when I watch my DVD of that movie, I see it was just a vehicle to introduce a bunch of new toys to the kiddies. But it's still fun :)

My son will be with me for this, and I'm dragging my dad along for old time's sake :thumbsup:

PirateLover
05-31-2007, 12:43 AM
This may be pretty blasphemous but I thought the previews looked kind of...dumb. :hide2:
My brother watched Transformers as a child and I dig the cartoons to a certain extent but something about the movie just turns me off. Well I hope that it turns out to be great for all of you mega-fans out there. I know this movie has been eagerly anticipated by many.

NotaGeek
05-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Big-time, 33-year-old TF fan right here :D

I've been following the production on this movie since Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto started pitching the idea to various production companies. My wife's sick of hearing me talk about it :)

I'm getting a bunch of friends and coworkers to go see a midnight showing (provided there is one), and I keep threatening to wear an Optimus Prime voice changer helmet :D

Oh, and Michael, that's some wait... Transformers have only been around for 23 years :P

23? WOW. I thought I was younger. Oh well, I do remember building a Transformer Fortress with my brother on one of our summer camping trips during my youth. It was so much easier then, no video games, no electric plugs for a portable television -- you weren't a dork for playing with your younger brother. We had to make up stuff to do. "GO PLAY OUTSIDE!" was a constant at my house growing up! :thumbsup:

CrazyStitch
06-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Just a head's up, I found out today that Michael Bay has confirmed that the release date of Transformers has been moved up to July 3rd, with a special showing on the 2nd! So be sure to check your local listings! :thumbsup:

Spaceship Tigger
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I was huge into Transformers as a kid - they were by far my favorite thing in the entire world. But the movie has made enough changes to them that they only vaguely resemble the Transformers that I remember. Basically only Optimus Prime even resembles his original character. Because of the changes I'm only mildly interested in the movie and may just wait for the DVD.

CrazyStitch
06-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Just digging up this old thread because I'm stoked that there's only one more week until release date :)

I preordered my tickets for the special 8:00pm showing on the 2nd, and now I'm chomping at the bit for it to be Monday :D

offero
06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I am 30 and every time i see the commercial, just like a kid, I tell my wife I wanna see it. unfortunately she replies "not with me take your friends" so we are getting out of work early on the 3rd to see it.

Stich8818
06-28-2007, 07:12 AM
I cannot wait to see this movie! It looks sharp..Yeah sure some of the Transformers look nothing like the originals...But they still look good. Not just that but Peter Cullen the original voice of Optimus Prime from the cartoon is doing the voice. Megatron is being voiced by Hugo Weaving(Frank Welker original voice tried out but with megs new look didnt fit the profile,Play the game though he is doing the voice on there). Not only that but the producers are looking into bringing the Constructicons and yes the Dinobots into the second one. I cannot wait for that too..

"Me Grimlock thinks that will be awesome"

SoaringEpcot
06-28-2007, 11:01 AM
The Transformers were my favorite toys growing up as well. I still have all of them, but I have not let my DS(3 years) play with them yet. My wife sounds like other posters on here, "I am not going with you to see that movie." It should get a good response based on when it is opening so hopefully there will be other movies coming. I have been following the production and rumors from the first mention as well, but I actually thought they would never make a live action movie.

jedi jen
06-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I also am excited about the new live-action movie. I took my younger brother to the animated movie when I was a teenager and ended up really liking it my self. He was way into Transformers. My DS(9) was into Transformers and we actually have the animated movie. We have watched it a few times. So, we are excited about the new live-action movie and got real pumped up the first time we saw the trailer.

CrazyStitch
07-02-2007, 12:33 AM
It should get a good response based on when it is opening so hopefully there will be other movies coming.

Transformers 2 has been greenlit :D :D

19.5 hours to go :D

Spaceship Tigger
07-02-2007, 07:16 AM
The more I see about this movie the better I think it is going to be. I hope it does well enough to make the next one so they can put more characters into it.

Juggalotus
07-02-2007, 10:41 AM
^ - the next one is already a go. And I think a third has already been slated as well.

I'm going at 9:30 tonight. I even picked up blackout and Scorponok 2-pack on Friday. I couldn't resist, and just need to be able to justify 40 bucks for Optimus before I get that as well.

Christine
07-03-2007, 12:15 AM
My husband went tonight to the 8:00 showing. I am literally going to have to scrape him off the ceiling. He said it is the best movie he has ever seen...ever! He said the audience went crazy...often giggling like little kids throughout the movie. He said that everyone stood up and cheered for quite some time at the ending.

(I am not a big sci-fi person, so he went with a friend...I'm just relaying this for him!)

I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as he did.

alongfortheride
07-03-2007, 01:43 AM
RUN, DON'T WALK to see it! It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!:number1:

Stich8818
07-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I went last night to the advanced screening and it was unbeliveable. Great plot,great action(ton of it) great humor it was just awesome. The transformations were really cool the voice acting for each character was perfect. Skip the family barbacues and go see this movie!

Figment78
07-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Saw a sneak preview last week and I LOVED it! I didn't play with Transformers as a child but my husband did. When Optimus Prime first shows up, he whispered in awe "Optimus Prime...." I burst out laughing b/c it was his 30th birthday! The irony.

Seriously though - thought it was a very well done, amusing, entertaining movie for the holiday weekend. Enjoy!!!!

Juggalotus
07-03-2007, 01:26 PM
This is easily the second best movie I've seen this year (behind only 300, and not by much).

It is definitely worth seeing. Its amazing how quickly they introduced characters, gave them depth and yet didn't feel like the movie was bogged down, it just kept going.

You can see my review here:
(link removed per TOS, if you would like to read the blog please contact member by pm)

It includes spoilers, but that is clearly marked and is the bottom of the post. So if you just read the top couple paragraphs you'll be fine.

CrazyStitch
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Saw it yesterday at the 8:00 showing. Easily the best movie I've seen this year, and I dare say it's the best movie Michael Bay has ever directed. I need to see it a couple more times, because it's just that awesome :)

NotaGeek
07-04-2007, 04:49 AM
WOW WOW WOW WOW! I absolutely LOVED the movie! There were a couple of week CGI moments, but it was a typical action packed Michael Bay machine ... oh and it was really cool to see the likes of Steven Spielberg, Lucas Films AND Michael Bay working together. Hopefully we will see Spielberg and Lucas come together on another project REAL soon, if you know what I mean!

kaerbear178
07-04-2007, 04:54 AM
I just saw it today - TWICE! I rarely go to movies twice, but the whole time I was sitting there during the first showing, I just kept thinking how much I wanted to see it again. I highly recommend it!

DizneyRox
07-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Last minute decision to try to see the movie last night. It really was a great flick. If Hollywood can get their act together and make more movies like this, maybe more folks would come back to the theaters.

It's definitely going to be the movie to see this summer.

It was very much like the cartoons I remember seeing, a little bit of morality sprinkled on top of some action scenes.

Now, if they would take out SGE and replace it with a Transformers based attraction, that would be sweet! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Good stuff...

CrazyStitch
07-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Now, if they would take out SGE and replace it with a Transformers based attraction, that would be sweet! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Good stuff...

I'll second that! :number1:

Movieguy
07-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Great film, great, great film. I could scarcely believe that this was well over 2 hours long, because it sure didn't feel that way. There's not a single dull moment in Transformers. The action is great, the FX are great, and Optimus Prime is probably the coolest robot to ever be created by CGI.

The dialog was a bit corny, but I could get past that this time. Overall, this is probably the only Michael Bay film I've ever enjoyed. Though the fact that Steven Spielberg helped out probably contributed to the quality.

I was skeptical about how this would work out since the first preview, but now...I never thought I'd say this but...I hope they make another one someday. :D

NotaGeek
07-04-2007, 10:30 PM
I was skeptical about how this would work out since the first preview, but now...I never thought I'd say this but...I hope they make another one someday. :D

I read IMDB today that Transformer's 2 has the green light already and that the movie had the biggest Tuesday in history, especially considering it isn't even actually realeased yet, it's just in Previews until today, July 4! it surpassed POTC Dead Man's Chest, too!

By the way, my Avatar is now more than meets the eye!

DisneyJunkie
07-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I was completely blown away by Transformers - it is THAT GOOD. I felt like an excited little boy again watching this flick. It was non-stop action, with some genuinely funny moments scattered throughout, and had some of THE best visual effects I've ever seen. I was extremely impressed. My wife loved it, and even my mom went along and enjoyed it.

My only problem.....is not really with the movie itself, its with reviewers who dog the movie to death, nitpicking every little thing they could find (and apparently went in looking to find). Some of these are just blow-hards who (in order to look mature and intellectual) will blast any Michael Bay movie, and some are the uber-geeks of Transformers history, who will whine about Optimus Prime's flames or his speaking without his mouth covered up (as in the cartoon). I mean, come on....this is a typical summertime popcorn (no thought required) flick and that's the only level on which to think about this movie. Don't go in looking for Academy Award-worth acting, writing, or dialogue, because you won't find it. Just go in looking to be entertained and have a good time, because in that respect, it fully delivers.

Movieguy
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, Transformers is one of those films that critics love to tear apart. I had the same problems with them doing it to Spiderman 3 a little while back.

I used to be a film critic in college for the campus paper, and I wrote some reviews praising certain films, and bashing others. Nowadays, I look back at some of the films I praised, like "Riding in Cars With Boys", and think "What in the world was I thinking, giving it such a glowing review?"

Then I realized something...being a film critic is all about status and image. It's very easy to get pulled into the hype around certain films...you'll feel strongly compelled to bash and nitpick at one film, while on the other hand, you'll also be compelled to praise and laud serious dramas or foreign films with any Oscar Buzz around them, regardless of what you really think of them.

It's basically a scramble for one person to feel like his or her opinions somehow matter more than others, or that they have some kind of special insight that others don't, just because they've seen a ton of movies.

Bottom line, I'm glad I don't do it anymore. It was a nice exercise in writing at the time, but there's just a lot of nonsense involved in film criticism. Don't listen to these people, watch what you want to watch, and like what you want to like.

Emily
07-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Well I don't know diddly about Transformers really, and actually scoffed when I saw the previews for this, but a couple of co-workers (whom I trust) came back raving about it on Thursday. So a friend and I went to check it out today and I LOVED it!!! :thumbsup: :clappy: :thumbsup: Oh man! I mean if a chick who knows very little about Transformers lore can go and have a blast, it's got to be a good movie! :D It was just a great, action-packed movie and funny too! I was cracking up in parts. Like someone mentioned, the dialogue's a tad corny at times, but really a minor flaw. It is what it is -- a really fun summer flik. I thought Shia LaBeouf did a great job, too.

I'd easily go see this one again. In fact I may have to drag the ex to see it. Being a 37-year old guy, he was into the Transformers as a kid so I think he'll dig it.

In fact, having seen the trifecta of big threequels this summer (Spiderman, Shrek and POTC) this blows them all away. (Sorry to POTC-AWE fans, I wanted so badly to love that one, but it just didn't measure up to the first one.)

CrazyStitch
07-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Well I don't know diddly about Transformers really,
I LOVED it!!! :thumbsup: :clappy: :thumbsup:

*chants*
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

:D

DisneyDudet
07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I was waiting for some line in the movie to call them "robots in disguise".

We saw this on the Tuesday before release (much like POTC 3.. except not first showing). I was clueless really about transformers, except that the boys I grew up with LOVED them and I'd play a few and such, but I really didn't KNOW about them.

The movie was SOOO good! I loved it. I'm 23 and a girl all the way. It was amazing and I would SO buy it on DVD.

I am Optimus Prime!

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 09:08 AM
WE finally saw Transformers on Friday night. TERRIFIC -- everything a full blown summer show should be! We are looking forward to Transformers 2 already!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jared
08-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Great film, great, great film. I could scarcely believe that this was well over 2 hours long, because it sure didn't feel that way. There's not a single dull moment in Transformers.
Really? You were engaged for the entire movie? Maybe it's because I am not particularly a Transformers fan, the film bored me practically to sleep.

Unlike most CGI-laden action films, the final battle was probably the worst pat. I thought Michael Bay did a great job with the setup. I began to like Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Banes. Their stories were interesting and well-established.

When the cars began changing into robots, I was wowed. But "Transformers" should have not have topped 90 minutes. If Megatron lived another minute, I would have gone up to the screen and destroyed him/it myself.

"Transformers" was a waste of my $10.25, but I needed to see it because of the hype. It's a good career move for Shia LeBeouf, and I'd like to see him again.

hokies4life
08-01-2007, 02:05 PM
"Transformers" was a waste of my $10.25,

$10.25?!? :jaw: IMO that is way to much to pay to go see a movie...

But having just seen this movie for the first time this past weekend, I thought it was amazing! My BF and I saw this along with 3 other movies this weekend and it topped our list :thumbsup:

:chipdale:

Jared
08-01-2007, 02:48 PM
$10.25?!? :jaw: IMO that is way to much to pay to go see a movie...

I have it easy. My friends from Manhattan pay upwards of $11. The arts cinema near my house is cheaper, but the big multiplex costs $10.25 per ticket.