PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Commercail. yes or no?

dumbo ears
05-27-2007, 08:58 PM
everyone has seen the disney commercial with the parents on the computer planning a trip to WDW and the carriage pulls up and they tell you about the year of a million dreams. well i have seen this commercial a lot and personally I think they should make a new one. It has just gotten to the point to me that before if I saw it I would keep it on that channel and watch it but now if I see it I change the channel. I was just wondering if you think disney should update their commercial or not.

DizneyRox
05-27-2007, 09:41 PM
I like the music, but it's way overplayed...

Personally I wish they'd stop advertising, maybe the restaurants would be more avaialble for those that want to get into them, but that's not gonna happen.

It might be a signal though that projections are coming up a little on the short side. Advertising is meant to draw people in, and a sign they are doing heavy advertising may mean thigs are slowing down. They have been booked solid for a couple two three years now.

wdw_bound
05-27-2007, 10:28 PM
As a marketer, I've got to say that the complicated message in the spot needs a LOT of repetition. The fact that Disney nuts like us now know it by heart means it's just starting to break through to folks who have never gone, the intended audience. To paraphrase the Geico Gekko, they've got 30 seconds to make you realize you want to go to WDW, that you can afford to go to WDW, that your family will be amazed by the experience and that you should go to the website.

I agree it's had heavy airplay since spring, but many people don't plan a trip until summer vacation is upon them. My guess is that you'll see advertising slack off in the next few weeks.

I enjoyed the other YOAMD spots (little boy on the pirate ship comes to mind), but again, my guess is that they didn't test well in the non-Disney-addict households. They know they've got us :blush: They want everyone else, too!:mickey:

kakn7294
05-27-2007, 10:59 PM
The airplay has tailed off quite a bit in my area (or at least on the channels we watch) so I don't mind seeing it once in a while. I probably only see it once every few weeks now. I still like it.

i'm grumpy
05-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I find that commercial creepy. It's playing here all the time. I prefer the one with the CMs giving away wishes.:thumbsup:

alphamommy
05-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't mind the commercial so much, but it seems to me that it could make the kids who have never been there expect to have a carriage pull up in front of their house to take them!

Mickey052501
05-28-2007, 10:17 PM
One of the worst commercials I have ever seen, they can do much better then that!!!

PirateLover
05-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't mind it, but honestly, I hardly ever see it anymore! Weird.